how to boost a H3 well?

This user has no status.
Hello folks, I got my Haifu Seamoon Booster and my brand new Hurricane 3 National and I need some advices how to boost the rubber well.
Some people are telling me to put 2 thin layers on it, some people 3…? How long do I have to let the layers dry?
I was thinking about this:

- first layer, let it dry for 2-3 hours

- second layer, let it dry for a day

- third layer and let it dry for 2-3 more days...

Do you think i need 3 layers or should 2 be enough? Everybody is talking about thin layers, if i mess it up, should I go for 2 or maybe just the 1 layer?
I think everybody whos tuning got this problem… you buy an expensive rubber and you really dont wanna make any mistakes, I really need your help here. thanks and greets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Hello folks, I got my Haifu Seamoon Booster and my brand new Hurricane 3 National and I need some advices how to boost the rubber well.
Some people are telling me to put 2 thin layers on it, some people 3…? How long do I have to let the layers dry?
I was thinking about this:

- first layer, let it dry for 2-3 hours

- second layer, let it dry for a day

- third layer and let it dry for 2-3 more days...

Do you think i need 3 layers or should 2 be enough? Everybody is talking about thin layers, if i mess it up, should I go for 2 or maybe just the 1 layer?
I think everybody whos tuning got this problem… you buy an expensive rubber and you really dont wanna make any mistakes, I really need your help here. thanks and greets

I haven't been boosting for a while, but when I was that's exactly what I was using.

You want to do one thinish layer of oil on the bare sponge and let it sit for about 12-24 hours. Make sure to put a layer of WBG in between each layer of oil.

So WBG next, Let dry transparent and one more thin layer of oil. Let sit again for same amount of time and repeat.

Always finish with a layer of glue when you're done.

I personally started with 3 layers of oil for a new sheet, and then one layer about every month or so to reboost as that's all it takes. Fooling around with it will be the only sure way to know exactly how you like it.

Hope this helps!

This user has no status.
yes it helps, thanks… so WBG between each layer? I didnt know this, probably good for my Stiga… i guess 3 thin layers should be good. If I mess this up like the layer is thin enough Ill go for 2 layers.

If i put a layer WBG between the first and second layer, is it already sticky even after the second and third layer oil?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
yes it helps, thanks… so WBG between each layer? I didnt know this, probably good for my Stiga… i guess 3 thin layers should be good. If I mess this up like the layer is thin enough Ill go for 2 layers.

If i put a layer WBG between the first and second layer, is it already sticky even after the second and third layer oil?

Hi, just look at your question.

You can have a look at this page http://saletabletennis.com/sharing-...ation/use-gluebooster-rubber-step-step-video/.

It has a whole procedure guideline videos for you. ^^ Hope this help

Make sure to put a layer of WBG in between each layer of oil.

This is the first time I hear this. Why should you apply WBG between the booster layers??? I don't know the Haifu booster, but for Falco LT booster it goes like this:

- first layer of booster (thin or medium) --> let dry for 24h
- second layer of booster (thin or medium) --> let dry for 24h
(- eventually third, fourth layer)
- final layer of booster --> let dry until dome has dissappeared, probably this will take a week or more
- then apply wbg to blade & rubber and attach when both are dry

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I'm using Seamon booster and I don't need so much time to wait. :p
2 layers of glue (dhs#15)
1st layer of booster... wait a few minutes
2nd layer of booster... wait maybe 1 or 2 hours
3rd layer of booster... wait one night.. it should be dry
1 single layer of glue on the blade (only)... wait half an hour (important)... press together !
keep my racket under books for a few hours
that's enough

depending on your level you might need 4th or 5th layer of booster... you will have to wait some hours after those last layers

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you're using seamoon it's probably kai li oil rather than actual Haifu. Haifu is unbranded at the moment and costs anywhere from 100-500 per 250 ml bottle. H3 National is ridiculous now at over $100 USD per sheet. I use haifu and DHS WBG. What is very important even as much as the chinese oil is the glue.

Finezip, DHS, Haifu, Dianchi WBG are a must. Anything else and you're talking crappy mushy glue job.

On sponge use biobooster, speed axle, paraffin oil (any euro like booster) to soften the sponge and flatten it out. Let it dry for 30 mins.

Then glue 3-5 layers of Finezip or DHS, 5-7 layers of dianchi or haifu. Let each layer dry for about 15 mins.

Add the haifu, dianchi, or kai li oil and spread it quickly or it'll melt the glue and you'll have less consistent thickness. Let it dry for about 40 mins and then put another layer of the wbg. Add another layer of oil if you want (it's not needed unless you want to compete then I'd suggest 2-3 oil layers).
End with a glue layer on top of the oil.

Let the rubber sit for 24 hours with 1-2 layers of oil 48 hours for 3 layers.

On the blade add 1 layer of thick wbg (finezip, dhs) or two with thin (haifu, dian chi)

Enjoy.

This user has no status.
so i was boosting my national H3 since wednesday. I put the first layer on it at wednesday morning, the second wednesday evening and the last one thursday evening. When is it ready to be glued and to put it on my blade??? the rubber looks still like this, how long is the process going to take?

image.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
so i was boosting my national H3 since wednesday. I put the first layer on it at wednesday morning, the second wednesday evening and the last one thursday evening. When is it ready to be glued and to put it on my blade??? the rubber looks still like this, how long is the process going to take?

View attachment 5028

your rubber hasnt domed enough. Its better to apply 4 layers all in the same day to have a nice boosting effect

apply glue then 1st layer, wait to dry (15 minutes tops) then apply 2nd layer after 30-45 minutes it will be dry. Apply 3rd layer and after 1 or 2 hours tops you can apply the 4th layer

All layers must be thin , but because no one can describe exactly what a thin layer is I will tell you my method

The layer you should apply must be approximately 6-7 drops of oil. This quantity of booster is perfectly balanced because no oil is wasted (if you put too much some percentage of the oil will just be absorbed by the glue not the sponge of the rubber)

The secret is to put the quantity of booster that gets absorbed 100% by the sponge of the rubber.

If the glue+booster layer seems too thick than you must put less. With this method I described the rubber after 6-7 hours maximum will curl 360 degrees and it will be ready to glue on the blade after 5-6days maximum.This way you get maximum tension on the topsheet and no oil is wasted

Last edited:
This user has no status.
your rubber hasnt domed enough. Its better to apply 4 layers all in the same day to have a nice boosting effect

apply glue then 1st layer, wait to dry (15 minutes tops) then apply 2nd layer after 30-45 minutes it will be dry. Apply 3rd layer and after 1 or 2 hours tops you can apply the 4th layer

All layers must be thin , but because no one can describe exactly what a thin layer is I will tell you my method

The layer you should apply must be approximately 6-7 drops of oil. This quantity of booster is perfectly balanced because no oil is wasted (if you put too much some percentage of the oil will just be absorbed by the glue not the sponge of the rubber)

The secret is to put the quantity of booster that gets absorbed 100% by the sponge of the rubber.

If the glue+booster layer seems too thick than you must put less. With this method I described the rubber after 6-7 hours maximum will curl 360 degrees and it will be ready to glue on the blade after 5-6days maximum.This way you get maximum tension on the topsheet and no oil is wasted

wow ok this is the first time i hear about this… everybody told me to let each layer dry before putting the next layer on it. Well my H3 had a 360 degree curl, its on the picture its allready down… but i was just wondering that the process is being that long. but thanks for your advice, probably im going to do it next time like you said.

but i have to test this combination anyway, a boosted H3. If it doesnt work well for me i will just speed glue my neo h3 bs!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Well everyone boosts differently, I have done many experiments on boosting and I am 100 % sure that if you apply the correct amount of booster and not more it will dry fast as I described. Blue sponge is very good for boosting because it is more porous and flexible than other sponges especially the NEO ones, I have boosted many different sponges of tacky hard sponge rubbers and the BS is just perfect for boosting and speed gluing.

Another thing I did to be 100 % sure that I dont apply too much, is to lay down 4-5 really thin layers and be really careful that i can apply each layer evenly. When I found the exact number of layers that give me a 360 curl then I stop applying. Its far better to apply more layers than 2 or 3 and make them really thin than to apply 2-3 thick layers. You should also try to apply the water based glue as evenly as possible so that the glue layer doesnt block the booster from entering the sponge. Experiment with cheap rubbers and you will find after 4-5 boosted rubbers the amount that suits you, in general the perfect boost is to have the rubber domed 360

Hope I helped :p

Reactions: Suga D