Hi from Austria :-)

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Hi everyone,

I just registered here and like to introduce myself a little bit.

My name is Fabian and I live close to Vienna.
I work for Werner Schlager Academy - international table tennis center in Vienna - as coach at the table tennis school.
Originally I am from Germany, but for the job of my dreams I moved to Austria, because I really like to teach table tennis to other players and help them developing their table tennis skills.

I have been playing table tennis for 16 years, started as a kid when I was 8 years old. I realized soon that I like playing as a modern defender more than anything else and so I switched to this style of playing.
At the moment I play for a club in Austria in the 3rd Austrian league. The "dark side" of my job as coach at WSA is that I do not have so much time left to practise myself, but it's ok :)

My hobbys beside table tennis are running, books, movies, spending time with friends and some other sports (but only sometimes).

So far from my side.
Any questions? Just ask :)

See ya,
Fab

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Hey Fab and welcome to the forum, cool that you registered here :)

Sounds great that you made your dream real and are now a coach at WSA! How many coaches and players are there?

We have 9 coaches at WSA including internationally known coaches like Mario Amizic, Dirk Wagner and Richard Prause.
The number of players depends on how many guests are at WSA. There are players like Joao Monteiro and Marcos Freitas and Daniel Habesohn who practise permanently at WSA but also guests from all over the world who stay for a period to practise here ^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Welcome Fab ! My dream is to train at least once in those halls of WSA before i die. Have a good time around here :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Greetings Coach Fab,

My name is Tony, and I'm based in South Africa.
Jealous and envy is the words I can use.
Congratulations on following your dreams and in one of the best training centres in the world.

If I may ask, how many hours (of coaching) do you do in a week?

Are there many students playing modern defender now? or do you see this style is dying - and if so, any ides from a coaches point of view to save this trend?

Thanks a mill
Tony

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
How did you become a coach at the WSA? Dit you apply by yourself of was there a job offer.

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Greetings Coach Fab,

My name is Tony, and I'm based in South Africa.
Jealous and envy is the words I can use.
Congratulations on following your dreams and in one of the best training centres in the world.

If I may ask, how many hours (of coaching) do you do in a week?

Are there many students playing modern defender now? or do you see this style is dying - and if so, any ides from a coaches point of view to save this trend?

Thanks a mill
Tony

Hey Tony,

this depends on my training course schedule. At the moment I just have my weekly groups, which is only 4 hours the week, and usually at the weekend a trainings course with all in all 8 hours.
In the summer time there is more to do because we offer practise in one-week courses and weekend courses. And then it can be every day with 4 or more hours.

But this is only my part at the WSA Table Tennis School. Of course the professionals practise almost every day ^^

How did you become a coach at the WSA? Dit you apply by yourself of was there a job offer.

Hey aldob,

I was for an internship at WSA last year and really liked it. So we stayed in contact and when there was a vacancy in the trainer team I got the opportunity for the job.
So to say it was my application.

Reactions: Dan
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews

We have 9 coaches at WSA including internationally known coaches like Mario Amizic, Dirk Wagner and Richard Prause.
The number of players depends on how many guests are at WSA. There are players like Joao Monteiro and Marcos Freitas and Daniel Habesohn who practise permanently at WSA but also guests from all over the world who stay for a period to practise here ^^

Allright, sounds great! How much does it cost for a player to stay there (hospitality and practise)?