Begginers blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I need a beginners blade to go with sriver g3 with good control any suggestions? Ive been thinking of the joola viva

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I need a beginners blade to go with sriver g3 with good control any suggestions? Ive been thinking of the joola viva

As usual, Der_Echte's comments are pretty on target. Joola Viva is not a beginner's blade. It is fast. That is a good blade and it does have good control and feel for how fast it is, but, it is not a beginner's blade.

Try Stiga Allround Evolution

or Stiga Tube Allround.

Both of those are excellent blades with a lot of control and not too fast, but more than fast enough.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, if he was posting from Korea, I would have told him to go with a heavy Schlager Carbon. Beginning Koreans can hit FH drive after Fh drive with that heavy hitting setup, but not much else. Heck, that is just about all the coach asks for the newer players to do anyway at that stage and there are few things finer for flat drives than a Schlager Carbon and a modern control rubber.

I don't like paying a lot of money for setups unless I will be with it a long time, so I loved TBS and now the Nexy composites (straight OFF speed thank you, no OFF++ for me) A rubber like G3 deserves a heavish, solid, controllable wood blade that is not OFF+ for a flexible OFF attacking game. A gazillion blades fit the bill and when you start out, why pay a ton, unless you like to use it a bit then chuck it into your collection display?

I disagree with pundits all the time, but agree with a lot of their core thinking though.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I also think most of the blades many suggest from Stiga vibrate like an earthquake, but that is pleasing to some, so I cannot say too much against it 'cept that you would never catch me dead using it, but their apparel is simple, but stylish. Would definitely recommend a new player to buy a Stiga Kit and he would be setup for years in good looks. I am on the opposite end of pundits on feedback in a blade, but I am a lone wolf and not even near a top amature.