says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily exclusive interview with Stiga's Xu Xin, a Chinese National team member, recent World Cup Champion and the former world number 1! We would like to thank STIGA for setting up this fantastic interview! Be sure to like their page here.

Enjoy the interview guys!

Full Name: Xu Xin
Date Of Birth: 08 January 1990
Height: 1.81m
Club represented: Shanghai in the Chinese Super League
Highest World Ranking: 1

meandxu1.jpg

Firstly Xu Xin, thank you for joining in on this interview here with TableTennisDaily. How are you finding your day today with Stiga? Do you enjoy coming to Sweden?

Hi, It's really nice thanks it feels like a second home here in Sweden. Everyone is very welcoming and I enjoy how relaxed it is.

Whats it like being a Stiga player, how do you find the equipment and what are your reasons for changing from the Stiga Rosewood to Stiga Intensity?

I really like the Stiga blades. They have exceptional feeling and balance. I changed from Rosewood to Intensity because I felt I needed more control in my service and receives. With the Intensity I feel I can get more arc on the ball which is important in my game.

danreportxuxin.jpg

Obviously we know how hard you guys train and how tough your schedule is but what would you say is the toughest part of being a professional table tennis player?

I find the most challenging thing is trying to improve. It is very hard to find new ways to get better. It can be difficult to try and get that extra edge over opponents looking for new means to play the game.

xuxinworldcup20131.jpg

Xu Xin - The 2013 World Cup Champion! Photo: ITTF

Do you think in the next 10 years the penholders will be disappeared off the Top 10 players in the world?

Yes this is a pity. I feel lots of players are being taught in school the shakehand way and not the penhold way. There is so much knowledge in China to develop penhold players, It is a shame, because penhold players can have cool unique styles which make the sport interesting. I think I will be the only penhold player left in the top 10 world rankings soon. The trend in China is shakehand.

What is your ultimate goal in table tennis Xu Xin?

Haha of course to be Olympic Champion!

We wish you good luck in your quest to achieve your goal! Thank you for all the support, I wish you good luck.

Thanks for your time Xu!

TableTennisDaily Staff and forum

meandxu2.jpg

At the end of the interview, I challenge Xu Xin to a 1 set match on the Stiga mini table, and I told him I was sure to win with a large bat :) Watch the match unfold here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
No questions about his rubbers? eww

It's not the rubbers that make him the great player he is.

Anyways great job Dan, the interview was good but it could have been longer. I guess any interview with the top players is too short to get to know all we want. We always have to collect bits here and there.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reactions: MDanielCRO

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I knew it! A lot of people hate Dan. ;)

Haha! They love it really don't they :)

damn it, first ma lin and now xu xin? you make me so jelous!! but congratulations with your win and i hope you have a good time :D

I know, crazy times Amayzde! Thank you very much, glad to share it with you :D