The 'HOPE' of English Table Tennis?

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys!

Remember when Liam Pitchford had that awesome run at the German Open defeating Oh Sang Eun and kenta Matsudaira. The video for this is now online! Enjoy!

The video title is: Liam Pitchford The 'HOPE' of English Table Tennis?

So what do you think? How far can Liam go?

Reactions: Enfoftede
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ive watch this videos a few times.

I can't really tell his strengths - he plays an allround and not a very strong/powerful game.
His weakness may just be the above - no strong points.

But seems like he is a calm during the above video. His composure may just be his strength.
As the saying goes, you 1, I 2, your 3, I 4, and the last one to put the ball on the table wins the point - Liam seems to do this very well with his composure.

At age 20, defiantly top 50 potential.
From wiki, he played in Danish league since 4 years ago, and from 2011 he went to German leagues.
I think his next 2 years is crucial for him to complete his development of the game and to establish himself in that level.

I just think he is a bit too skiny, hope there is no health/injury issue.
But never the less, seems like a good kid and something for the Brits to be proud of.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
I just don't get how a pro athlete like Liam does nothing nutrition-wise. Most top professional athletes have nutritionists, hired either by them personally, or their clubs. Pitchford desperately needs mass, that means muscle, even some fat. Carbohydrates before training, protein after, and lots of it.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Liam almost made it to the top 50 - well done!

54(125)2172PITCHFORD LiamENG

Incredible achievement! This site has followed Liam Pitchford and his progress for a very long time now. It's been great watching him go up and up! Whats this boys limits! :D He is only 20!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Incredible achievement! This site has followed Liam Pitchford and his progress for a very long time now. It's been great watching him go up and up! Whats this boys limits! :D He is only 20!

Yeah, I think for any nationality to have a 20 year old in the "top 50" in the world is really a top level achievement.

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012

Yeah, Liam is no Fan Zhendong. if he ever wants to resemble someone like Gacina, Liam should hit the gym more often and eat steak :)

German League 8th December 2013... Liam 3 Gacina 2

Hmm. If Gacina ever wants to resemble someone like Liam, he should cut out the gym weights and eat less steak;)

Go Liam Go!
Another scalp, this time world number 32.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

German League 8th December 2013... Liam 3 Gacina 2

Hmm. If Gacina ever wants to resemble someone like Liam, he should cut out the gym weights and eat less steak;)

Go Liam Go!
Another scalp, this time world number 32.

A very good win for Liam! Still, Gacina is #32 and Pitchford #54, and this is the first time they played. Let's see what the long term trend is against a larger sample of players first before declaring who's the better player.

I still stand by my previous comment. Imagine if Liam was built like Gacina, i.e. more athletic. He'd be knocking on the door to the top 10 in the world.