says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
TableTennisDaily exclusive interview with Stiga's Fan Zhendong, a Chinese National team member, and the recent Polish and German Open Champion! We would like to thank STIGA for setting up this fantastic interview! Be sure to like their page here.

Enjoy the interview guys!

Full Name: Fan Zhendong
Date Of Birth: 22nd January 1997
Club represented: Bayi in the Chinese Super League
Highest World Ranking: 5

faninterview.jpg

Firstly Fan Zhendong, thank you for joining in on this interview here with TableTennisDaily. How are you finding your day today with Stiga? Do you enjoy coming to Sweden?

Hi, it is great to be in Sweden. This is my first time and I am enjoying the day, it is very fun and exciting travelling and meeting lots of new people. I am also looking forward to the World Tour this week.

What would you say you enjoy most about playing table tennis at such a high level?

I simply love playing table tennis. I love everything about table tennis!

Do you feel the pressure when playing in big important matches?

I actually use to feel the pressure a lot when I was younger, but now I have found a way to get use to it. After the last few years I have managed this well.

What do you put your success down to recently at the Polish and German Open?

The reason for my success recently is the step from the Chinese junior team to the Chinese senior team and the fantastic coaches I have. This has given me a fantastic self confidence and has helped me winning both the Polish & German Open.

fanpolishopenchamp.jpg

Fan Zhendong the champion of the 2013 Polish and German Open! Photo by: ITTF

Do you think you can go onto winning your third consecutive World Tour, the Swedish Open?

I feel I have a very good chance. There are a lot of good players going, I will give my best.

Fan, when did you realise you could be one of the best players in the world?

I have always thought i can be one of the best. Even since school, I believed everyday to become the best, this was my aim from a young boy. But recent I have actually realised I have what it takes.

What was it like when you started competing against the worlds best such as Zhang Jike, Ma Long and Xu Xin, was it difficult at the start to impose your game on them?

Yes at the start it was difficult because you always see these players on tv, and they are the best. At the beginning I found it hard and i was also nervous, but recently I have gained a lot of confidence and now play my best game. I have beat Zhang Jike twice now. I took Ma Long to the 7th set in the Chinese National Game and had lots of chances. I believe I can beat anyone now.

What is your ultimate goal as a table tennis player?

Originally I had one goal which was to make the Chinese National Olympic team. But now I have changed this to another goal. To win the Rio 2016 Olympics.

We wish you good luck in your quest to achieve your goal! Thank you for all the support, I wish you good luck.

Thanks for your time Fan.

TableTennisDaily Staff and forum

faninterview1.jpg

Check out TableTennisDaily's interview with Xu Xin here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Well, the interview kind of answered my question "How do you think of your chance to play in 2016 Rio Olympics?" It seems that not only does he think that he'll be playing in 2016 Rio Olympics but also thinks he has a chance to win it.

Again, great interview!

Can't wait for the last one with Yan An.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well, the interview kind of answered my question "How do you think of your chance to play in 2016 Rio Olympics?" It seems that not only does he think that he'll be playing in 2016 Rio Olympics but also thinks he has a chance to win it.

Again, great interview!

Can't wait for the last one with Yan An.

Good to here. He sure seemed very confident when talking and he knows his aims. I am afraid we didnt have the time to interview Yan An as the translator was busy with photo shoot guys.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Well, the interview kind of answered my question "How do you think of your chance to play in 2016 Rio Olympics?" It seems that not only does he think that he'll be playing in 2016 Rio Olympics but also thinks he has a chance to win it. Again, great interview! Can't wait for the last one with Yan An.
Good point. He actually have a chance to win it. If he continues like this he will have a great chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
我来自中国,刚刚在这里注册了账户,我喜爱乒乓球,欢迎大家来中国!这是我在这里发的第一贴。我的英语很烂,呵呵o(∩_∩)o~。

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Chinese table tennis dominance at its finest. New World's No.2 Fan Zhendong has a great spirit and is a kind of guy who knows what he wants and strives for it. Thanks for the interview Dan we all appreciate it :)

Glad you like the interview @Kewo lets hope we can get more like this in the future! :)