Topsheet detached from the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hello there!:)

i have a new Palio CJ 8000 rubber, red, max, bought it from ttnpp.com last november 2012....and have played with it just for a few months...topsheet rubber has been detached totally from the sponge...

is there any possibility to reglue it to the sponge?if there is, then what kind of glue should i use, is it ok to use the water base glues we use to attach our rubbers to the blades?...need your help on this matter...'cos if it is possible, then i would be saving myself a lot rather than purchasing another rubber...shame, i greatly appreciate the feeling of the rubber already...

thanks for your support buddies!!!:) :) :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Strong water glue, a roller, and some books or a press will get you back on the road soon enough. You could also use rubber cement, but you will need to use it carefully and quickly. Stuff like this happens sometimes with Chinese rubbers. It is easy enough to deal with.

You smooth out the sponge best you can, put the glue on the sponge, gently put on the topsheet, then put in press or stack a paper and books over it all.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
IMG_20131205_101819.jpgIMG_20131205_101839.jpg

here it is...as you can see on the second image, the topsheet(red) is larger than the sponge(light purple)....should i glue it on and just cut the excess topsheet rubber?or the sponge will expand to the topsheet size?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Put some baby oil or purified lamp oil on the sponge in a few layers an hour apart. Allow it to soak in a couple days. The sponge will expand.

If you do not want to wait, you can apply rubber cement or illegal tire repair cement on the sponge, then glue the sponge to the blade. You will then be free to put strong water glue on the sponge, gently put on the topsheet, roll it to position, then clamp or press with books overnight.

You will have a new rubber. It will play a little different, but at least you didn't lose any money. That appears to be the objective.

Why not? Rubbers cost money and so does pizza and beerz, or cappuccino.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You can also just glue the sponge to the blade and go at it like the rest of the instructions, then cut off excess, but rubber will really be different. Maybe you like it more, maybe not. You wont know until you try. I would expand the sponge, then try to reassemble, but that is just me.