Wang Liqin, Ma Lin, Chen Qi Retiring from CNT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Ma Lin announced his retirement from CNT on his wedding party on December 8, 2013.

In an interview with Tencent reporter, Liu Guoliang confirmed the retirement of the following players from CNT :

Wang Liqin
Ma Lin
Chen Qi
Qiu Yike
Zhang Chao
Zhai Chao
Zhai Yiming
Xu Ruifeng

Liu Guoliang also told the reporter that Wang Hao and Hao Shui are not retiring, and will still be members of CNT for the time being.

Reactions: wischegg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
how sad.. but we all know it is just a matter of time before they retire.. I think they still got a couple of years of world class table tennis left in their tanks though...

Reactions: wischegg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Škoda že jim vláda neumožní reprezentovat jiný země, dost států by si polepšilo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
Škoda že jim vláda neumožní reprezentovat jiný země, dost států by si polepšilo

I'll try to translate:
"It's a pity that they can't play for the other countries. It would helped them a lot."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'll try to translate:
"It's a pity that they can't play for the other countries. It would helped them a lot."

I don't agree with this.
its pointless to "import" players in, but rather what China has been doing and still doing and will do more is sending of coaches and practice partners to all countries and to assist them to "develop" local talents.

So this means that the local players, coaches, federation will need to work harder to make it to the top.
No easy way out

Reactions: zjkfanforever
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I don't agree with this.
its pointless to "import" players in, but rather what China has been doing and still doing and will do more is sending of coaches and practice partners to all countries and to assist them to "develop" local talents.

So this means that the local players, coaches, federation will need to work harder to make it to the top.
No easy way out

Absolutely. It would have been much better (for the hosting country) to get Ma Lin or Wang Liqin as a coach for some promising juniors. Imagine if Werner Schlager's TT Academy pulled it off! Sadly, I doubt that any TT federation would be able to come up with an offer that is attractive enough for these players ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Absolutely. It would have been much better (for the hosting country) to get Ma Lin or Wang Liqin as a coach for some promising juniors. Imagine if Werner Schlager's TT Academy pulled it off! Sadly, I doubt that any TT federation would be able to come up with an offer that is attractive enough for these players ...

For your tier 1s, indeed difficult
But there is already many top level coaches - that focus on developing players (getting them from TT schools and sending them to national teams) all around the world.

I can almost name over 30 countries that have these quality coaches - you don't need a Ma Lin or Wang Liqin for this.
Its like LGL will be useless there as the developing coach need to go and strength the foundation first.

I just chated with the Head Coach of Shaanxi province earlier, and he was head coach of Bahrain, and help the womens team to get great results in only 1 year. They improved a lot. He was also in Mexico too and he is fluent in English and Spanish - hire him to me is better than ML or WLQ :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Zhai Chao and Xu Ruifeng is only 20 years old if i'm correct.....

Xu Ruifeng: 29-Mar-1992
Zhai Chao: 15-Dec-1992

They are leaving because they see no future in CNT being a marginal player at their age. Xu Ruifeng has decided to continue his TT career overseas according to Director of Sichuan Province Table Tennis and Badminton Center. It is speculated that Zhai Chao will follow suit. The competition in CNT is too fierce and only the strongest will survive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
agree. they don't get much opportunity because of the fierce competition. I think they are good enough to be on the top 50 or maybe even the top 20 in the world rankings given the right amount of opportunities.

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Memory

bf4c986bgw1e4lp8n2bmug20c806vu0x.gif

bf4c986bgw1e4owroy2fig20go04rtit.gif

says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
Table Tennis World magazine recently has a story with title "They ruled for a decade!", it is about 1M and 2W (Ma Lin, Wang Liqin and Wang Hao), you may see the translation at https://www.facebook.com/Skybizports. End of an era, I will miss them for long long time.........