Verified Pro Player

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone!

Check out our new design that displays pro players that are members of our website. A green tick displays next to the pro players post. This just verifies that the pro player is a genuine account. The pro players we have verified so far are:

- Liam Pitchford
- William Henzell
- Simon Gauzy
- Marcos Madrid
- Gavin Rumgay
- Will Bayley
- Tom Maynard

A pro player will be verified by our team if the user has represented his country or plays in a professional league.

Check out the example below:

liamverified.jpg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
How many pros do we have in the forum? just the ones listed in OP?

Good question Tony. The ones I have listed are the ones I know of but their are many other national players registered here so I will contact them to confirm and verify them. I will make a verified pro player page soon :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Good question Tony. The ones I have listed are the ones I know of but their are many other national players registered here so I will contact them to confirm and verify them. I will make a verified pro player page soon :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Cool :)

Just a question though - had this debate on another forum.
How to you classify what is "pro"?

By level, or by living (professional table tennis player is a table tennis player that live off table tennis as a player)
And if level - what level etc.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Cool :)

Just a question though - had this debate on another forum.
How to you classify what is "pro"?

By level, or by living (professional table tennis player is a table tennis player that live off table tennis as a player)
And if level - what level etc.

Good question.. how do we classify this? My thinking is this at the moment but I'm open to suggestion. If a member is ranked within the top 1000 of the world or ranked top 10 senior within their National Association we can class them as a competent pro player.

I will use this thread to update the list of pro players on TTD. I have added Gavin Rumgay and also Simon Gauzy as @steven previously mentioned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Good question.. how do we classify this? My thinking is this at the moment but I'm open to suggestion. If a member is ranked within the top 1000 of the world or ranked top 10 senior within their National Association we can class them as a competent pro player.

I will use this thread to update the list of pro players on TTD. I have added Gavin Rumgay and also Simon Gauzy as @steven previously mentioned.

Indeed difficult to find the best way to define professional, like maybe golf or any other sporting code.

I think it also depends on country too.
IE, no one in South Africa is a professional player, except for maybe one who played professionally in Belgium 10 years ago. Recently one of my players Sisipho I only consider a semi-pro at a moment, who plays in the national 2 division in France.

My thought for professional is along the lines of:
- Full Time table tennis player - able to earn living/income from table tennis
- Have a high enough level - ie WR 300 (if they are not this level, it is impossible for them to earn a proper living from TT)
Or someone who has achieve that before ie William Henzell,

Semi Pro can be considered as some one who requires to work full time or part time and also have a decent level.

There is many players in the WR500 to WR1000 that isn't professional, or maybe national top 10 that are not professional, unless you just want to look at national players and not professional players. Again, depend on how one defines professional.

In another forum, I used examples like music or art.
A professional artist vs "social" artist who can be very good but just do it for fun.
I like how golf seperate it - need to play on the world circuit. Many of our national TT players (in many countries) don't play on world tours at all.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
How about making it a pro player/coach thing? There is a coach from WSA on the forum. How about making it a "Verified TT Professional" title?

I think this is a very good idea.
Chances of the Pro players won't spend much time on forums, but many coaches are already on the forum.
The coach from WSA is defiantly Pro and he has done some great contribution in assisting with "online"coaching.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
While we're on the subject, how about adding a "verified spammer" thing? Someone whose username is a RUSSIAN/UKRAINIAN name in all caps, claims to come from Austria, and posts links to stolen videos from other YT channels without any attribution would be a first honorary member.

HAHAHAHAHA
You are funny, this is a good one.

But I guess now, he will use lower case and start using other countries name.
But one thing for sure, all YT channel is the same.
I'm waiting for him to change that (reuploading all stolen videos)