PDA

View Full Version : Best Shot's of the Year 2013 (POLL)

TableTennisDaily
12-22-2013, 07:45 PM
---Christmas Special Edition---

What a year it has been in the world of table tennis!

Over the last few weeks TableTennisDaily members have been submitting their favourite shots of the year (2013). Below is a video compilation (XMAS Edition) of the Top Ten best shots submitted by you guys. The last 2 years has seen this Christmas compilation go viral to over 3.5 million viewers around the world. Let's see if we can get these epic table tennis athletes viral again by liking and sharing this page! This year has seen some insane shots that show the impossible can be made possible!

Best shot of 2011 - Ding Ning
Best shot of 2012 - David Wetherill
Best shot of 2013 - Announced 31st December 2013

Now we can narrow down to the ultimate best shot of 2013 after all your submissions. Which player hit the best shot? Voting poll ends on 31/12/2013 at 23:59 GMT. Take part today! Watch the video then vote in the TTD poll above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOtkYp8u0I

Merry Christmas everyone and have a fantastic new year on behalf of the TableTennisDaily Staff and Members!

Daniel.
12-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Robinot does his shot in a so cool was guys :D

anelo
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Koki Niwa :eek:

Wes_TT
12-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Koki for me too - ridiculous backhand winner!

GECA
12-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Quentin Robinot for me;-) Great work Dan!
Merry Christmas everyone.

Dan
12-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Quentin Robinot for me;-) Great work Dan!
Merry Christmas everyone.

Thanks GECA, Merry Christmas to you to! Thanks for all your tremendous youtube videos this year!

It seems the voting is already led by Koki and Robinot. It sure will be interesting who wins!

Tony's Table Tennis
12-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Great work Dan, love the video

I voted for 2 - Daniel Habeshon (Behind The Back Shot)Because:
1) Its doubles, not singles (so the momentum to do behind the back shot is more difficult)
2) Its the WTTC - BMT
3) Its against one of the strongest mens doubles players ever
and the favourite part, the looks on Ma Lin's face. Not too many people can do that to Ma Lin - in doubles!

2013 is defiantly the year of behind the back shot

JikeChampion
12-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Kanabe Szilard shot!! The best

Burns
12-22-2013, 09:54 PM
I voted for Timo Boll.

The around the back shots seem a little too lucky to me to be number 1.

Kevzar
12-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Definitely the jumpy 360 no look forehand for me :)

TTHopeful
12-23-2013, 12:29 AM
The votes are so close at the moment! I wonder if they will stay close till the end. I have picked Koki Niwa because the visualisation needed for that shot is tremendous!

Alborz
12-23-2013, 07:42 AM
I vote for Fan Zhendong because most of the other shots are based on luck.

Thomash
12-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Will be announced also rallies of the year?

JPSTONEBOX
12-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I voted for Daniel Habesohn (Behind The Back Shot), just because the face of Ma Lin says it all! #ChineseAdmiration #MerryChristmas

Justchill
12-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Please don't vote for the 'lucky' shots...

I voted Timo Boll's backhand overtake.. amazing!!

Ciccius
12-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Great point from Szilard!!! The TOP!!!

Halima Mohammed
12-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi !

For me Quentin Robinton is the best.

Merry X-Mass for all of you.

Halima

maze71
12-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Top 3 for me are Szilard, because he is pinned into his backhand corner and the distance away from table, the angle, the fact he is returning a smash - unbelievable.
2nd Robinot and 3rd Habeshon. I love how the other guy shouts YO!! And then sees the ball coming back from Robinot - priceless.

Steven
12-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Robinot! Koki's shot is awesome as well, very creative. :)

Cadoce
12-23-2013, 02:27 PM
All these shots are exceptional. I vote for Habesohn's not just for the quality of the shot, but for Ma Lin's facial expression with his jaw dropping down, which appears a few seconds after the shot when he's trying to understand what has happened. It's priceless:eek:

Pongfinity
12-23-2013, 07:08 PM
What an amazing year it has been once again! It's really difficult to choose the best one. Numbers 2,4,5,7,9 are my favourites :D
But I will go with the one that amazed me most when I saw it the first time. And that's Robinot's shot :P

Hopefully this video will go viral again, great promotion for table tennis! :)

Haha realised this is my 300th post! A new TTD milestone reached hah :D

MaLinAkAKilly
12-23-2013, 08:23 PM
i don't like him but my vote goes to koki niwa

Irkutt
12-24-2013, 02:46 AM
All these shots are exceptional. I vote for Habesohn's not just for the quality of the shot, but for Ma Lin's facial expression with his jaw dropping down, which appears a few seconds after the shot when he's trying to understand what has happened. It's priceless:eek:
Exactly the same reasons for Habesohn's shot and the following Ma Lin's face expression. Great stuff

UpSideDownCarl
12-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Great job Dan. Fun video once again.

My vote went for the FZD around the net shot. It is not as flashy as some and many people won't see it as the best, but it is the shot with the highest degree of difficulty and that angle he gets is amazing.

dannho
12-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Hello to all!

For me the best move is for Fan Zhendong, is a difficult play to achieve.
;)

SpinQuark
12-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Well I went for Ma Long and the drop shot.

Tempted by Habeshon just for the look on Ma Lin's face. However in the end best shot ought to go to skill rather than luck or showboating. To me the skill full shots are Timo Boll, Ma Long and Fan Zhendong.

Not sure I understand the popularity of No 10. This looks to me like some thing the player has deliberately practiced in training to provide a showboat finish. It is hitting a shot and then turning backwards for a spin. Doesn't seem remotely natural and never something which would happen without prior practice nor something which conveys any technical playing advantage. Maybe I am wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Happy Christmas All.

WiWa
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Koki by a clear mile! Doing that with such pace while still running after that amazing counterloop rally is defenitely one of the most awesome shots I've ever seen :D Szilard is cool too but his shot isn't a winner, is not as cool to me ^^

Dan
12-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Glad you like this years video guys! Thanks for helping with selecting these awesome shots to finalise a top 10 video.

What an amazing year it has been once again! It's really difficult to choose the best one. Numbers 2,4,5,7,9 are my favourites :D
But I will go with the one that amazed me most when I saw it the first time. And that's Robinot's shot :P

Hopefully this video will go viral again, great promotion for table tennis! :)

Haha realised this is my 300th post! A new TTD milestone reached hah :D

Haha a milestone well done EditingSports! I agree each shot has it's brilliance and creativity but Robinot's really did stand out once it was done. Infact that shot went viral with over 1.5 million views!

Merry XMAS buddy!

Bishop Rasta 27
12-26-2013, 04:54 PM
i vote for FZD...a difficult shot...most of the other shots are as many have posted in this poll are lucky shots even the players may also feel they are lucky to have made those shots, but they're cool anyway, fun, and amazing!!!belated merry Christmas every one...and a prosperous new year to all!!!....i missed being on line during the christmas but i did not miss the deadline of submitting my vote, hehehe!!!:):):)

Sali
12-27-2013, 12:57 PM
I saw this FZD shot live, it was much better then the video. It was really quiet in hall and this shot had so much power that it has been heard very loud. After the shot even Kenta was smiling. He has done it so easily like it was very simple shot.

AlexoCho
12-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Panagiotis Gionis!!!

fais
12-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I think kenta's flying across the table backhand was impressive, but overrated. I was more impressed by xx's crossover footwork in return his backhand shot. (The point was also a cheap point, since he only got it because he skimmed the edge.) Very tough call for me. It is a tossup between gionis and koki, with kanabe in close second. I'm not going to vote for fan, cause i'm not entirely convinced he isn't doping. Wth, gionis it is.

TTLondon2012
12-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Koki Niwa :)

tan.theveteran
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Great job Dan. Fun video once again.

My vote went for the FZD around the net shot. It is not as flashy as some and many people won't see it as the best, but it is the shot with the highest degree of difficulty and that angle he gets is amazing.
plus he made it look easy.

arhabib
12-28-2013, 05:25 PM
I agree, lucky shots shouldn't be in the '2013 best shots list', or at most one lucky
shot is enough.
I vote for Timo, his shot has everything: timing, technique, placement, ...
And he did that against one of the best (if not the best) topspin counter-loop
players.
FZD's shot is also my second choice.

Please don't vote for the 'lucky' shots...

I voted Timo Boll's backhand overtake.. amazing!!

Raptor
12-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Great work!

aLeX-12345
01-03-2014, 09:36 AM
cool:p:cool::D:D

johnrhen
01-05-2014, 04:21 AM
that was the amazing shot for me i think for the past year. awesome!;)