Donic Orchatrov Carbo Speed Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed Review
I put the DHS Tin Arc 3 on the forehand while the Donic Bluefire M2 on the backhand for this blade.
For me, this blade weight seems fine for me( I prefer heavier blade). The craftsmanship is excellent and the blade smells nice. This is a very fast blade, deadly fast and it helps you to win the point fast and easy. The sweet spot for this blade is quite large although it is a carbon blade, which is a surprise to me. Topspin from any distance from the table is good. Power and speed is this blade strength. Even from far table, it still serves plenty of power. Dwell time is short than normal, which is normal for a carbon blade, but still enough. This blade is definitely excellent for smashing, fast attacking and good for looping.
Okay, let me introduce my playing style: I am a right-hand Penholder, with more of fast attacking near table and looping style. I rarely use the reverse backhand unless the angle of the ball to my backhand is very wide. My serves are usually side spin with combination of backspin, abit like Wang Hao’s serve, and it usually goes to the middle/far table. As for service return, as a penholder, it is normally a push or flick. Forehand wise, I attack the wings of the table. I will use fast attack when near table while looping more when I get further away from the table.
Fast attacking is good. I can still recover fast enough to constant fast attack, which gives problem to my opponent. Blocking near table is also easy. It has excellent power and also good control.
Looping is very easy, regardless of the place, the distance from table. This blade provides the essential and extra power behind every hit. Ball placement is a bit harder as it is a fast blade and putting the ball near the net is hard. Counterlooping is easy, due to its enormous power, you could return the topspin from your opponent with even more deadly topspin or fast attack, which could catch him/her off-guard.
Backhand wise, as a penholder, it is normally our weakness. My backhand pushes, tradition backhand attack and reverse backhand works fine. I rarely use the reverse backhand, but mostly the ball will still go over the net with ease. As for the traditional pushes/ attack, sometimes, it may go out of the table.
I use the Donic Bluefire M2 on the backhand. This rubber is indeed a special rubber by Donic. By having Max Catapult, Max Arc, the ball is easy over the net with spin and speed. This rubber has middle-hard sponge which is better for aggressive play and suits well with the Orchatrov blade. Playing with choppers/ Long pips is much easier with this rubber as it lift the ball up and cross the net easier. Control wise, it is still fine, but you have to have the techniques to fully understand the potential of the rubber.But the con for this rubber is that you have to take very good care of it, or it will break easily. Clean it with either water or cleaning foam is fine.
I play with the locals( Tian Jin) today. I won the match (4-3). Most of my points come from 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] ball attack and counterlooping. My service is good, which help to build up to my superb 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] ball attack. While when the opponent is attacking, I look for chance to counter-attack and finish the point fast. Speed is definitely a highlight for this blade. Points gain by 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] ball attack wise almost 65% while counterlooping around 25%. My opponent is shock that I could return his loop with even faster and spinner loop.
Nevertheless, I give this blade a rating of 9.3 out of 10, and rank it an OFF+ blade. It is good for penholder, Aggressive players and full out fast attackers.

-Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed
Speed
Control
Stiffness
Hardness
Consistency

Donic Bluefire M2
Speed
Spin
Control
Tackiness
Throw Angle