zhou yu equipment

says http://www.tenisdemesaparatodos.com/jugadores_ficha.asp?c...
Jan 2013
Zhou Yu - China Team Player

Date: Agust 2013 - China National Games

Blade:
Butterfly Viscaria

Fh Rubber:
DHS Hurricane 3 (Orange Sponge - National Version)

BH Rubber:
Butterfly Tenergy 64 or 05

zhou_yu_06_09_13_Large.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
im sure hes playing a 64 on his backhand because his technique is not good for the 05, its the same like FZD or ZJK and they are playing a 64 too.
Second of all he doesnt play a Neo H3 the rubbers of the Nationalteam are normal Hurricanes or Skylines National.

In the World Championships, Zhang Jike was using Tenergy 05FX. He may have changed since. But for a few months before and after 2013 WTTC Zhang Jike was using 05FX not 64. Do you know for a fact that he switched back?

Reactions: Martin Dorrego
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
In the World Championships, Zhang Jike was using Tenergy 05FX. He may have changed since. But for a few months before and after 2013 WTTC Zhang Jike was using 05FX not 64. Do you know for a fact that he switched back?
About Zhang Jike's bat: I have search that time and i noticed that Yan An was using the T05-fx in WTTC. Yan An's and Zhang Jike's blade and forehand rubber are the same (Viscaria + Hurricane 3 blue sponge) so maybe the bat that was shown as Zhang Jike's bat was actually Yan An's bat and Zhang Jike was using T64.
The man who takes the photos from that bat has asked form a CNT couch that:" Is it Zhang Jike's bat" and the couch said:" Yes". Maybe the couch didn't understand the question correctly and though the man was asking about Yan An's bat or just wants to go away.
Anyway i don't think Zhang Jike changed his backhand rubber just for WTTC.

Reactions: Martin Dorrego
Jan 2013
im sure hes playing a 64 on his backhand because his technique is not good for the 05, its the same like FZD or ZJK and they are playing a 64 too.
Second of all he doesnt play a Neo H3 the rubbers of the Nationalteam are normal Hurricanes or Skylines National.

Fan zhendong use tenergy 05 on backhand and in a interview, he said that he like the hard rubber for backhand, tenergy 64 is medium, medium soft

the interview to fan zhendong: http://saletabletennis.com/sharing-...a-national-team-equipment-question-answering/

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
About Zhang Jike's bat: I have search that time and i noticed that Yan An was using the T05-fx in WTTC. Yan An's and Zhang Jike's blade and forehand rubber are the same (Viscaria + Hurricane 3 blue sponge) so maybe the bat that was shown as Zhang Jike's bat was actually Yan An's bat and Zhang Jike was using T64.
The man who takes the photos from that bat has asked form a CNT couch that:" Is it Zhang Jike's bat" and the couch said:" Yes". Maybe the couch didn't understand the question correctly and though the man was asking about Yan An's bat or just wants to go away.
Anyway i don't think Zhang Jike changed his backhand rubber just for WTTC.

At the 2013 WTTC Zhang Jike was definitely using 05FX.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
At the 2013 WTTC Zhang Jike was definitely using 05FX.
I didn't say he used an other thing. I only said there is a chance that he didn't use T05-fx.

Fan zhendong use tenergy 05 on backhand and in a interview, he said that he like the hard rubber for backhand, tenergy 64 is medium, medium soft

the interview to fan zhendong: http://saletabletennis.com/sharing-...a-national-team-equipment-question-answering/
The hardness of sponge of T64 and T05 are the same so you can not say Fan Zhendong is using T05 because T64 is softer.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I didn't say he used an other thing. I only said there is a chance that he didn't use T05-fx.

I am pretty sure that at the time of the WTTC he was using T05FX. There were several different sources that showed his racket, in his hand with 05FX. At the time it was big news to ZJK fans. I know more than a few ZJK fans who switched to 05FX on their backhands as a result of that news and were very happy with the change.

The hardness of sponge of T64 and T05 are the same so you can not say Fan Zhendong is using T05 because T64 is softer.

I do think 64 is a little softer. It is not because of the sponge. The pimples of 64 are slightly longer and narrower. And there is more space between the pimples which makes the topsheet have more give and the feel ends up a little softer. I could be wrong on this, but that is my memory of what the difference between 64 and 05 is: the pimple configuration. And that changes the feel of the rubber.

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I am pretty sure that at the time of the WTTC he was using T05FX. There were several different sources that showed his racket, in his hand with 05FX. At the time it was big news to ZJK fans. I know more than a few ZJK fans who switched to 05FX on their backhands as a result of that news and were very happy with the change.
You are probably right about Zhang Jike's racket.

I do think 64 is a little softer. It is not because of the sponge. The pimples of 64 are slightly longer and narrower. And there is more space between the pimples which makes the topsheet have more give and the feel ends up a little softer. I could be wrong on this, but that is my memory of what the difference between 64 and 05 is: the pimple configuration. And that changes the feel of the rubber.
Yes, T64 is a bit softer than T05 because of top sheet not because of sponge. Anyway there is still no reason to be sure that Fan Zhendong is using T05.
CNT players use custom blades and rubbers and change their equipment a lot so searching for their equipment is and endless process.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012

I remember this episode, later there was some concern whether that was the paddle of zhang jike or yan an, who was participating in the same tournament and also uses a viscaria.
there was no confirmation so I'd say there's 50% chances of it being zhang jike's paddle.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I remember this episode, later there was some concern whether that was the paddle of zhang jike or yan an, who was participating in the same tournament and also uses a viscaria.
there was no confirmation so I'd say there's 50% chances of it being zhang jike's paddle.

I don't think so. You are talking about one instance. I am talking about multiple instances in several tournaments.

This user has no status.

How do you know that Fan Zhendong Is using a tenergy 64?