PDA

View Full Version : Protecting table tennis equipment?

Shiro
12-27-2013, 10:24 PM
If i put my table tennis bat in a case is it good enough to protect it? or do i have to get plastic protection sheets for my rubber too? like if i just put my bat in a case, will the rubber be protected from dust and etc without the plastic protection sheet?

Der_Echte
12-28-2013, 01:14 AM
When I played daily, I would wipe the bat with the sweat on my short, toss in my case and it waz done like a dog's dinner. I got the full 2-3 months out of my FH rubber no problem playing hours daily.

The dedicated ones who really wanted to extend the life of their rubber to 5-6 months use plastic protection sheets. The breathed moisture on the rubber after a good clean and it really helped the original tack.

Myself, I never really liked big time tack.

tan.theveteran
12-28-2013, 04:48 PM
they say it is better to have the plastic protection sheet. but in my experience it is more difficult to protect the plastic protector from the dust. so my plastic protector ended up dusty. after that I never used the protector again. my rubber used to last 3-5 mos when I was in the collegiate league. some times it lasts the whole offseason(5-7 mos) depending on your usage.

HLDang
12-29-2013, 01:49 AM
I say keep the protection to be safe. If its not the sticky protector, its easy to clean both the rubber and the protector.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk