What type of sponge hardness do chinese players use?

This user has no status.
All of the chinese players are playing DHS rubbers on their forehand. These rubbers are pretty hard, they are getting eventually softer of tuning but not a lot. The sponge hardness of them is about 38 - 41 degree chinas scale. This would start with something like Xiom Vega Pro and its just getting harder.
On the backhand its personal what they like and prefer. Some players are prefering medium rubbers, some of them more hard rubbers. But im pretty sure none of the player plays a really really soft rubber like T64fx on the backhand, the softest should be something like T05fx soft-medium.

The reason for the forehand is because as harder the rubber as more speed you finally get. This is not like each rubber in the world works but the chinese rubbers should work like this. On the other hand the rubber cant be too hard otherwise you couldnt play with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
All of the chinese players are playing DHS rubbers on their forehand. These rubbers are pretty hard, they are getting eventually softer of tuning but not a lot. The sponge hardness of them is about 38 - 41 degree chinas scale. This would start with something like Xiom Vega Pro and its just getting harder.
On the backhand its personal what they like and prefer. Some players are prefering medium rubbers, some of them more hard rubbers. But im pretty sure none of the player plays a really really soft rubber like T64fx on the backhand, the softest should be something like T05fx soft-medium.

The reason for the forehand is because as harder the rubber as more speed you finally get. This is not like each rubber in the world works but the chinese rubbers should work like this. On the other hand the rubber cant be too hard otherwise you couldnt play with it.

Since the chinese use hard rubbers does that mean that if i were to use a hard rubber as my forehand, will i still be able to play just as close and far away from the table like ma long does when there is a topspin rally?

This user has no status.
its much more difficult to play with hard rubbers than with medium or soft rubbers because your arm has to be very fast while playing topspins. especially with dhs rubbers they are tacky and with no catapult effect, even for european pro players its difficult to play with dhs rubbers.
furthermore all the chinese players are playing really hard blades to get more power in their shots so its even more difficult cause your arm gotta accelerate really quick. i dont know your personal technique and your level in table tennis but its not a technique for normal players.
youre playing a nice blade actually get yourself a Xiom Vega Pro on your forehand and try to play topspins with the Vega Pro. If you enjoy it and you feel like having powerful forehand topspins you can get yourself a DHS Neo Hurricane 3 and it will be something completely different. But try to play the Vega Pro first cause otherwise its suicide coming from your soft europe.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Butt Stallion's posts are great. The only think i want to add to them is with those DHS rubbers blocking is impossible and that is on of the reasons that CNT players don't use them on backhand. With those rubbers you need to hit the ball very hard to get the power out of it. Also those rubbers helps a lot in short game because they are tacky and the ball will not bounces on it.