What bat should i buy?

This user has no status.
just buy the Stiga Tube Allround, perfect control, i play on FH the Tibhar Evolution FX-P in 1,9 mm, awesome combination.
i tested 2 days ago my old Donic Waldner Senso Carbon and found the Stiga blade a lot more balanced and controlled.
you cant go wrong with this one.

the advice from Der Echte also seems realy a good choice price wise !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Go with Der Echte,
Low cost to start, and after a while, with the more knowledge of the sport/equipment, you can consider an "upgrade". Any upgrade at a beginning stage is a waste of money and you stand a chance of buying something overkill/incorrect etc

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Tony, I played for the first time in a long time today, visited a Hong Kong friend in SD, CA and played 5 hrs using an 896 I modified by taking off one handle, and in the hollowed out space inserted 5 thick nails and glued it all back together, I added 20 grams of weight to the bat and it hits GREAT now. Not the too slow ALL+ speed and still keeps a good amount of control. I am away from home and traveled kinda light, so I brought the backup 896 with me! Had Sigma Euro II and H3 on it. My BH with H3 on that thing is a beast on fire today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Tony, I played for the first time in a long time today, visited a Hong Kong friend in SD, CA and played 5 hrs using an 896 I modified by taking off one handle, and in the hollowed out space inserted 5 thick nails and glued it all back together, I added 20 grams of weight to the bat and it hits GREAT now. Not the too slow ALL+ speed and still keeps a good amount of control. I am away from home and traveled kinda light, so I brought the backup 896 with me! Had Sigma Euro II and H3 on it. My BH with H3 on that thing is a beast on fire today.

you crazy hahaha
Glad it works for you lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All the info given is pretty decent. If you want something good that is not expensive, go with Der_Echte's advice. Go to one of those websites like colestt.com and get something like the Galaxy 896 blade with Dawei 2008 XP rubber. That comes to $30.00 USD. If you want something a little better, it will cost A LOT more.

But, for some people, a little better is worth it. The Primorac Off- blade is great. So is the Stiga Tube Allround. So is the Stiga Allround Evolution. Those three blades are amazing blades as a first blade. And you can use them to get to a pretty high level. As Der_Echte said though, he can use the Galaxy 896 and play at a pretty high level.

If you got one of those three blades, you could get a rubber like Butterfly Sriver (or Sriver FX), Yasaka Mark V, or Joola Mambo. Any of those would be good. Any of those blades with any of those rubbers would be very good.

But here is a price comparison:

896 blade with 2008 XP rubbers = $30.00

Stiga Tube Allround or Stiga Allround Evolution blade with Sriver Rubbers = $110.00 (approximately)

Butterfly Primorac Off- blade with Sriver Rubbers = $140.00 (approximately)

The prices I listed are approximations because the price of those blades and rubbers change a little depending on when and where you get them. The dollar amounts are USD. $30.00 for the 896 blade with the 2008 XP rubbers is not an approximation.

The more expensive blade/rubber combinations are a little better. But not as much better as the price. But, you have your choices. I have a 896 blade. I have a Primorac Off- blade and Stiga Allround Evolution blade. So, you could be an equipment junkie like me and just get all of them.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One more piece of information.

The Butterfly blade is the most expensive, but in some ways not the best of the bunch. It is in some ways too though. The Stiga blades are the same speed. They have better feeling and touch, they have about the same amount of control. But they are not as durable. If you accidentally bang them on the table it will do much more to them than it will to the Butterfly blade.

I have never cared about the durability of a blade. I feel like if you hit the table you sort of did something wrong. But, not everyone thinks that way. And the Butterfly blade is much harder to break. The Stiga blades, in my opinion play much better, enough better that they are worth it to me. But, they are a bit fragile.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Υasaka Gatien Extra is also a classic and has a quite good performance/price ratio. The Stiga Clipper classic version is also a must if you like offensive blades with good feeling/touch and vibration.

I havent tested the 896 blade does anyone knows its plies? The best cheap blade I have tried so far is definitely the KTL Instinct

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All the info given is pretty decent. If you want something good that is not expensive, go with Der_Echte's advice. Go to one of those websites like colestt.com and get something like the Galaxy 896 blade with Dawei 2008 XP rubber. That comes to $30.00 USD. If you want something a little better, it will cost A LOT more.

But, for some people, a little better is worth it. The Primorac Off- blade is great. So is the Stiga Tube Allround. So is the Stiga Allround Evolution. Those three blades are amazing blades as a first blade. And you can use them to get to a pretty high level. As Der_Echte said though, he can use the Galaxy 896 and play at a pretty high level.

If you got one of those three blades, you could get a rubber like Butterfly Sriver (or Sriver FX), Yasaka Mark V, or Joola Mambo. Any of those would be good. Any of those blades with any of those rubbers would be very good.

But here is a price comparison:

896 blade with 2008 XP rubbers = $30.00

Stiga Tube Allround or Stiga Allround Evolution blade with Sriver Rubbers = $110.00 (approximately)

Butterfly Primorac Off- blade with Sriver Rubbers = $140.00 (approximately)

The prices I listed are approximations because the price of those blades and rubbers change a little depending on when and where you get them. The dollar amounts are USD. $30.00 for the 896 blade with the 2008 XP rubbers is not an approximation.

The more expensive blade/rubber combinations are a little better. But not as much better as the price. But, you have your choices. I have a 896 blade. I have a Primorac Off- blade and Stiga Allround Evolution blade. So, you could be an equipment junkie like me and just get all of them.

Haha, just like Pokémon... gotta catch 'em all !!

Carl is right and so is Tony. When you start out, you need something that doesn't cost a lot, has control and the ability to learn all the strokes, and is durable enough. You don't need to go absolute top high end right away.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Υasaka Gatien Extra is also a classic and has a quite good performance/price ratio. The Stiga Clipper classic version is also a must if you like offensive blades with good feeling/touch and vibration.

I havent tested the 896 blade does anyone knows its plies? The best cheap blade I have tried so far is definitely the KTL Instinct

Yasaka Gatien Extra is really a great blade also. I agree. Instinct is pretty decent. I like the feeling on the 896 a little better but they are pretty much in the same ballpark.

In looking at the 896 blade I am not really sure what wood is used for all of the plies. I think the core is Ayous. The outer ply may be Limba but I cannot be sure and am not going to take the rubber off to get a closer look at the whole blade face. Then there is a darker ply in between the core and the outer ply and I cannot tell what that is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
what do you think about the 729 Friendship blades?

they are also cheap blades but durable and better to start out. i think they too are good blades especially the wood ones because i've used one but dont know the model name...i'm using it with tenergy 64 FH and 729 Super FX BH...its fast on both sides especially hitting it flat...topspin, block, and loops I appreciate it much, and can be played on both close and midrange...what i like about this blade is the control...

although i wanted to upgrade, i'm keeping it alive and still play with it...sir carl, this is my old blade (maybe more 15 years already with me)but i'm planning to get a clipper now for a change!!!

Whatcha think!!!:):):)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
what do you think about the 729 Friendship blades?

they are also cheap blades but durable and better to start out. i think they too are good blades especially the wood ones because i've used one but dont know the model name...i'm using it with tenergy 64 FH and 729 Super FX BH...its fast on both sides especially hitting it flat...topspin, block, and loops I appreciate it much, and can be played on both close and midrange...what i like about this blade is the control...

although i wanted to upgrade, i'm keeping it alive and still play with it...sir carl, this is my old blade (maybe more 15 years already with me)but i'm planning to get a clipper now for a change!!!

Whatcha think!!!:):):)

Bishop Rasta, a Clipper is really a great blade. Go for it. There really isn't anything out there that is any better than a Clipper at any price. I may go back to mine at some point although I am having fun with this Butterfly TB ZLF right now.