Forehand Rubber Advice Needed

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hello Folks

I need some rubber advice from you experienced lot. Currently I play T64 1.7mm on my forehand. I can loop, loop drive, hit and do an ocassional chop. I'm very much impressed with this rubber. However, I would like another rubber which can do all of the above and then have some catapult effect on my loops and loop drives. I'm considering the following rubbers.

Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 Fx
Stiga Calibra LT Sound

OR any other

I need some advice and suggestions.

Thanks and Regards

says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
says TBS - H3/Tengery 64 YEO - H3/Xplode
Feb 2011
did you consider just getting a thicker t64 since you wanted more bounce? i might be misunderstanding your questions though....so just to be clear, what do you mean by wanting more catapult?

This user has no status.
Get the 1.9mm. T64 is a very versatile rubber. I dont think u will want T05 as it will not increase the catapult effect (if i understood u propperly). T05 FX isnt a bad idea.
You could try Tibhar Genius or Hexer. With again 1.7mm or 1.9mm.
I dont think u would like the considerable difference of a soft tensor like Nimbus Soft or sound.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Forehand Rubber Advice

did you consider just getting a thicker t64 since you wanted more bounce? i might be misunderstanding your questions though....so just to be clear, what do you mean by wanting more catapult?

By catapult I mean, when I hit or loop hard the rubber gives me more power and the ball kicks off like a sling shot. I shall take your and others advice of getting a thicker sponge T64 maybe 1.9 or 2.1 mm. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
personally i find tenergy quite lacking in feeling, if anything to achieve some arc effect in your loops I've always preferred soft rubber like tibhar nimbus sound and soft, rapid dtecs soft, coppa Jo platin more recently

Did you play with these rubbers? If so how are they compared with Tenergy 64? especially the coppa Jo Platin?