Fantastic Documentary about Waldner, Persson and Appelgren

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Agree with TTmonster - maybe one of the Forum members can help do a more detailed translation...would be great to understand everything that is being said!

This is great !! I wish the subtitles were even better, it sometimes feel that they are saying a lot and the subtitles are saying too little ? Am I right , is there anybody who can confirm this ?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Really enjoyed this. It's time for a new country to really challenge China. But you can see it requires a lot of patience, determination and team spirit.

I agree. My only worry is, is it even possible?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
he megabajsaren8, nice to know you are swede. Yes we understood that part and I saw almost half of it yesterday , its fun. However, sometimes in some scenes it feels like the subtitles are not complete, can you help , that will be something !
well im a swede and this documantary is actually about the match were they beat china and become the mens team worlds champions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am sure its possible Dan. Just that you have to get a set of 8-10 year olds who will have a single minded undying passion for the game for the next 20-30 years and never give it up no matter what happened . I am sure there aren't many who loved the game with such sustained intensity as waldner, persson , applegren and the others. You could see in their eyes that they were ready to die than give up .

I agree. My only worry is, is it even possible?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

says You can check my YT channel here...
says You can check my YT channel here...
Sep 2013
Read 2 reviews
Thx 4 posting my translation of the documentary, the thing is that they with diffrent accents. As a example Appelgren says at 54:50 "The joy, thats when we can win together. It's great to win the single title too but the biggest happiness is like when we can win together, we have done something together, we have training together, all those hours on training camps there and we have been fighting sometimes like that eh... And then like, and like then we like go in and like before the match and like and like we are trying to all the other players powers like c,mon like. So there you have the joy" All of theese famous players are known to be saying like in pretty much every sentence. That's why it may feels like they are saying more than the subtitles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
First of all I want to say a big thanks from all of us, table tennis junkies. I saw the entire documentary and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for the explanation, I had to "like" it. Its kind of funny , I guess similar to contemporary teenage American English its fashionable to say a lot of likes in swedish as well.

Thx 4 posting my translation of the documentary, the thing is that they with diffrent accents. As a example Appelgren says at 54:50 "The joy, thats when we can win together. It's great to win the single title too but the biggest happiness is like when we can win together, we have done something together, we have training together, all those hours on training camps there and we have been fighting sometimes like that eh... And then like, and like then we like go in and like before the match and like and like we are trying to all the other players powers like c,mon like. So there you have the joy" All of theese famous players are known to be saying like in pretty much every sentence. That's why it may feels like they are saying more than the subtitles