Andro rasant powersponge

Fab

This user has no status.

Fab

This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Hi el gato,

Rasant Powersponge is very soft and can be played very controlled.
Comparing it to Vega Europe it is a faster rubber with good spin. Speed is comparable to Vega Europe.
For my personal opinion it is a little bit heavier than Vega Europe.

For me it was difficult to play strong and powerful topspins but on backhand it is a good rubber because you can play safe and spinny.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
I have tested red Powersponge 2,1mm on my forehand and its was a disaster to my game. No speed, difficult to powerloop from middistance. It was just a test and in my opinion Tenergy 05 is 100 times better. T05 is so much better with everything. With APS i couldnt produce enough spin in my services and loops. Also too slow for me. ASP feels like very good spin rubber but when you are playing its very bad. Joola Rhytzm, Bluefire series, Tibhar MX-p are much better rubbers than ASP. Andro Rasant is much better than Powersponge. Suppose to call it Weaksponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I have have enjoyed playing the powersponge on my back hand. It has great control, good spin, and it's good in the short game. It's not that fast but I personally don't think it's slow having never had problems finishing a point with it. In fact for a soft rubber it's really well balanced between being Good in the short game high control, and being able to finish when you get the opportunities. The throw angle being flatter has also been a more natural fit for me. It's not a mxp or t5 type explosive rubber (there not much catapult which I like) but it's control and spin is its strong points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is the throw angle of Andro Powersponge high or low?

I´m with Paul Drinkhall on this:

„When people talk about ‚throw angle‘, it’s really hard to rate and you should be aware of anybody that does a review and gives a definite rating for this. The reason is that it depends on your stroke, how you contact the ball, your timing point etc – these are individual things and the bat is in YOUR hand! All I can say is that I always tell people to test the rubbers themselves for this reason following on from any recommendation. That way you can see how you like the rebound of the rubber and how it suits your style of play.“

Otherwise, I think Fab has it pinned down, characteristics and comparison to Vega Europe accurate.

Reactions: Suga D