Zhang Jike's Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The official TableTennisDaily discussion where we post and talk about Zhang Jike's equipment. Any changes he has made or any pictures you find, post into here to discuss!

Date: January 2014

Blade: Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: Tenergy 64

UMZ7iCTgjCl6EIS_L4Bv8OPpCOwNNRofMG11RHGKUBE=w397-h348

Zhang Jike - From ITTF World Tour Grand Finals

Any rare pictures or details about Zhang Jike's equipment post below. I will update this first post with new pics and information when we have some.

Last edited:
Reactions: abbass
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I know everyone will start saying Zhang Jike is using a T05-fx on backhand so i have to clear it now. The only time we saw a T05-fx on backhand of Zhang Jike was a photo at 2013 WTTC. The photos are not form a match. Two person take that photos from a CNT couch. They asked him if it is Zhang Jike's racket and the couch said yes. Yan An was using a Viscaria, a Hurricane 3 on forehand (his blade and forehand rubber are the same as Zhang Jike) and a T05-fx on backhand. Before and after the WTTC all the photos shows Zhang Jike is using a T64 on backhand. The most likely scenario is the couch doesn't matter about they are saying or he understands wrong and they took a photo of Yan An's racket. So Zhang Jike is and was using a T64.

Reactions: Martin Dorrego
This user has no status.
I think the pic is just deceiving because of bad quality. Look at my TB Alc ( 4 years old , at least 3 days practice per week). The two thin layers on top of the thick middle layer are getting darker because of excessiv use. Because of that the alc and the two thin layers appear as one.
So this blade is 100% a Viscaria.
alc.jpg

wan

This user has no status.

wan

This user has no status.
Jun 2013
For me, its still arylate carbon layer. Maybe Viscaria or other ALC composition.
The carbon layer is not so visible maybe because of zooming effect or sweat effect on the handle.

This is the side view of my Viscaria handle of three month used:

DSC003661.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is hard to say. In the to photos of just the handle, I think I see a blue line. In those two photos, the photo quality is nowhere near as good as the one of ZJK's blade. But, on ZJK's blade there is a high degree of zoom. But, it is possible he is using an all wood blade.

Reactions: bachikho
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
The full name of Zhang Jike's forehand rubber is not "Hurricane 3". It is "Hurricane 3 Neo National Blue Sponge"
Neo Hurricane are faster than normal version.
Also blue sponge Hurricanes are factory tuned and they are faster, spinier and softer than normal version.
Hurricane series are made with 3 different qualities:
1-Commercial: They have less quality compare to other versions of Hurricane. Their price is around 20$.
2-Provincial: They have the more spin, speed, control and over all more quality than Commercial version but less than National version. Their price is around 65$.
3-National: They have the most quality in the Hurricane series and are they are pretty expensive (around 110$).

Because of this reasons i think it is better to the full name of Zhang Jike's forehand rubber.
I can't remember but i read somewhere that his forehand rubber's hardness is 40 degrees and it is 2.1 mm tick. I can't remember where is read this but i think its better to post it here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
The Hurricanes are not that expensive. Let the market speak for itself
www(dot)prott(dot)cc/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6
ttnpp(dot)com/store/dhs/339-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-provincial-6-edges.html
As far as I know, prott and ttnpp are pretty liable when it comes to Chinese rubbers. As for myself, I only use the Nittaku Neo Hurricane 3 from tt-japan. Their H3 are more stable, which means I can get the same performance for each sheet that I buy. And I'm pretty sure I will never get fake stuff from tt-japan.

As for Zhang Jike, his rubber is 2.10mm with hardness of 40.5 degree mytabletennis(dot)net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34187&PN=77

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
The Hurricanes are not that expensive. Let the market speak for itself
www(dot)prott(dot)cc/Product-List.aspx?producttype=6
ttnpp(dot)com/store/dhs/339-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-provincial-6-edges.html
As far as I know, prott and ttnpp are pretty liable when it comes to Chinese rubbers. As for myself, I only use the Nittaku Neo Hurricane 3 from tt-japan. Their H3 are more stable, which means I can get the same performance for each sheet that I buy. And I'm pretty sure I will never get fake stuff from tt-japan.

As for Zhang Jike, his rubber is 2.10mm with hardness of 40.5 degree mytabletennis(dot)net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34187&PN=77
Good point for that 40.5 degree hardness but 0.5 degree for hardness different is noting. Surely DHS has customized that hardness for Zhang Jike because there is no Hurricane 3 with 40.5 degree hardness at the market.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
This user has no status.