Long-Lasting Good Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting. I am sorry that I have not answered before asked, but I have enjoyed this site for a while, way before I registered.

I am pretty new to tournaments. I have been in one about twice a month since November 2013. I play about 3 times a week for an hour. I had been using a Yin-He n-9 blade, and a sticky cheap yin-he rubber FH and a thin rubber for blocking on my BH. I took very good care of the blade. I washed it after every play and put in in protective sheets when I was done. I found that after 3 months my FH rubber lost it's tack and grip. I am a very offensive player, and I couldn't flick anything close to the table. I am now deciding what my new rubber should be.

I am going to get a new blade, because I am ready for better equipment. I think it is going to be butterfly's Petr Korbel. I was thinking of getting xiom tensor rubbers, but after looking around on forums, I found out they don't last long. I want something that will last at least half a year. Will tenergy? If so, what kind of tenergy would be good for my hard, offensive, and spinny play (for both FH and BH)?

Also, what if I used a practice rubber and a tournament rubber. The practice rubber would be cheap, and I wouldn't replace it for a while. Is it bad if I'm not used to my regular rubber?

I am looking for something hopefully under $60 each, but I will go up to $80. Thanks a lot for your help.

Reactions: anjoooo
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting. I am sorry that I have not answered before asked, but I have enjoyed this site for a while, way before I registered.

I am pretty new to tournaments. I have been in one about twice a month since November 2013. I play about 3 times a week for an hour. I had been using a Yin-He n-9 blade, and a sticky cheap yin-he rubber FH and a thin rubber for blocking on my BH. I took very good care of the blade. I washed it after every play and put in in protective sheets when I was done. I found that after 3 months my FH rubber lost it's tack and grip. I am a very offensive player, and I couldn't flick anything close to the table. I am now deciding what my new rubber should be.

I am going to get a new blade, because I am ready for better equipment. I think it is going to be butterfly's Petr Korbel. I was thinking of getting xiom tensor rubbers, but after looking around on forums, I found out they don't last long. I want something that will last at least half a year. Will tenergy? If so, what kind of tenergy would be good for my hard, offensive, and spinny play (for both FH and BH)?

Also, what if I used a practice rubber and a tournament rubber. The practice rubber would be cheap, and I wouldn't replace it for a while. Is it bad if I'm not used to my regular rubber?

I am looking for something hopefully under $60 each, but I will go up to $80. Thanks a lot for your help.

Tenergy lasts more then a lot of other players, if you are playing 3 hours a week, it could last for 6-9 months I would say before it dies.
For forehand the best one is Tenergy 05, you can choose thicknes, 2.1 is the one that almost all pro's use.
For backhand I would go for something softer like Tenergy 05 fx.

If you use different rubbers for practice and matches, you will have problems because of different feel.

And remember when you change your setup you will need some time get used to it

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Thanks a lot everyone for the help. What do you guys like better? Xiom or Tenergy? Xiom is relatively new, right? Der_Echte, I am not familiar with the rubbers on that site. Could you recommend a certain one? Tony, sometimes I do need to remind myself that :). Thanks again everyone for helping me on this great forum!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
agold said:
I see you have Xiom omega on the backhand. What does it feel like?

I use Xiom as a Forehand Black.

Comparing the rubber to Tenergy? It's slower, not as bouncy, and has a different click when you touch the ball for a loop. Other than that, it's a great rubber. I would recommend it for beginners because it's similar to Sriver with smaller bounce.

Last edited:
Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Ironically, my old club's coach... she used Sigma Euro II on BH on a ZXi blade haha. She was a former pro defender, so I can say she can block with that thing! I think her sheet is 1 year old and she gives lessons almost nonstop ten hours a day!

Wow! Maybe I should go for Xiom then! I found out that my rubber might last a little longer, and I will wait for it to die.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sometimes what Der_Echte is saying about H3 and other Chinese rubbers can be true. Not always though. I know, the reason I stopped using H3 over a year ago is that I was killing the rubber too fast. For me, within 3 weeks, I would have s spot about the size of a silver dollar, perhaps a tiny bit bigger, on my rubber where I contacted the ball that was as smooth as ICE and on that spot the rubber would behave like anti-spin. Now, if I did not hit the ball there, it would not have mattered. But since that is where I hit the ball and I had worn away the top layer of the topsheet--the part that carries the tackiness--in that area, the rubber was really done within 3 weeks. And there was nothing that would bring it back because the rubber had worn away and was now super smooth. I did try stuff like WD40. Nothing helped at all.

I have been using the set of Xiom Sigma II rubbers that are right now on my racket for 6 months. They are not perfect. They do not have quite the same grab they did when I first put them on. But, the still grab more than well enough that I can see no reason to change rubbers. This topsheet has lasted longer and better and shown to be more durable than anything else I have used. I am using Sigma II Pro for forehand and Sigma II Europe for backhand. It is an excellent rubber. The topsheet holds the grab for far longer than Tenergy. I think Tenergy is a slightly better rubber when brand new. But only slightly. But after a month, this stuff is much better and lasts much longer.

All rubbers mentioned are good rubbers and H3 does last very long for some people. Also, for those who try and say I might have had fake, NOPE. I used National, Provincial, Commercial. My source for some of them was someone who got them straight from the National team. It did not matter which version. The way the topsheet is constructed, and the way I contact the ball did not go together. It happened to me with Skyline 3 also. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Thanks for this. My $15 dollar Chinese rubber is dying, and I am taking very good care of it. It's only been three months. Der_Echte may have good ones, though. I am looking for something fast and spinny as I improve, though. By the way I would like your post, but I'm not good with the phone app :), so thank you.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Maybe hte way I like my CHinese rubbers is what allows them to live so long. I do NOT like extreme tackiness. I like MILD tackiness, so when I get a sheet of H3 or 999... I play a session, frequently wipe with toxic sweat from my shirt, and rub with my had, like really frequently for a few sessions. In a week or so, the rubber has less than 1/2 the origional tackiness... right where I like it. I use the topsheet to wrap around the ball and the sponge to help wrap, then kick out the ball. I do not really need the tackiness to do this for me, sponge and grip are fine. A side benefit is the rubber plays more European or Japanese than Chinese. It is more difficult to wrap the ball with the THICK topsheets like H3 and Inspirit, you really need a fast bat at impact, which I have.

Time and time again, players in Korea would ask me for sheets of 999 or XP 2008, slap them on their rackets, and not play exactly world class. Coach kept telling them their strokes cannot use that rubber so well, so a rubber like a Euro Tensor control rubber like Yasaka Extend HS suits them better, and coach is right for those players.