Some problems with M.Maze blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Hi guys..it's been a long time I didn't browse through the web.Well,now I'll be really thankful if you guys can help me with my question.I just recently change my setup from Viscaria to M.Maze and I found it's hard to loop with the blade and playing mid-distance.I'm currently using DHS Hurricane 2 on my forehand.Do I need to change the rubber or maybe I need to go back to Viscaria(too expensive for MYR..)??

p/s : the reason I change because somebody stole my whole bags containing my setup and my friend offering this blade at a very low price(around 15 usd only).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Could you describe how difficult it's to loop? Whether you're having trouble to lift the ball or is it going too far outside of the table. How different it is than Viscaria?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Could you describe how difficult it's to loop? Whether you're having trouble to lift the ball or is it going too far outside of the table. How different it is than Viscaria?

It's really difficult to lift the heavy backspin ball.I need to use almost all of my strength to lift the ball up and sometimes it leads to over hit it and miss the table and when it goes in,it'll be counterhit/blocked by my opponent easilyand also when playing topspin to topspin rally,I really need to use my raw strength to put it back onto the table.by the way,I glued it using nittaku fine zip.When using viscaria,I found it's easy to loop with even heavy backspin ball and the ball goes very nice using viscaria blade and also is nice to play mid-distance using viscaria.I can play topspin to topspin rally from afar without any problem using viscaria.I just recognize this after 5 days session(around 2-3 hours) with M.Maze.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
The answer of course is to buy a new Viscaria. You'll never be satisfied otherwise.

Errmm..that will make me only eat a loaf of bread for one week:D but you got the point.Only thing matters is my allowance not yet enter so that's why I'm still sticking to this blade.anyway,this blade is actually not bad on BH side.I use semi-long on my BH side and I found that I can flick any kind or type of ball that's coming without any problem with less margin of error but the bad thing is,my FH becoming much much worst and sometimes I even smash the high balls into the net:(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
The heaviness of the blade is a difference between your old set up and the new. Feels like you're putting all of your strength just to lift a backspin ball because of the momentum of the blade! I've had the same feeling when switching from a pretty light YEO to my Stiga Carbo Oversize.

I feel that too..sometimes it feels like my shot got no power and it does.some of my shots are easily predictable and surely,that's not a good thing though.btw,how did you manage to adapt to your new setup?? :)