Shibaev gone crazy LOL

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
So how many yellow or red cards did you collect so far? :D

I stopped counting after 100 :p
I was even worse when I was younger, I broke 6 blades, and some even when I lose on training. I have worked on myself to calm down but still sometimes I when I get mad I have to hit something, hard.

says R e i n h e i m
says R e i n h e i m
Jun 2012
A player shows emotions after losing a set in table tennis, a sport which isn't popular and not supported by media. He's angry about himself, does not insult the other player and isn't destroying anything. Table tennis including people as you are, denouncing him because of involving feelings and entertaining the audience, will never be able to grow if you go on thinking this way. I'm getting sick when I read guys claiming a red card...so stupid

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

Sep 2012
A player shows emotions after losing a set in table tennis, a sport which isn't popular and not supported by media. He's angry about himself, does not insult the other player and isn't destroying anything. Table tennis including people as you are, denouncing him because of involving feelings and entertaining the audience, will never be able to grow if you go on thinking this way. I'm getting sick when I read guys claiming a red card...so stupid
Wow, aren't we judgmental. :p

Daniel is Dalmatian, southern folk. :D These people are famous for their temperament, just look at Goran Ivanisevic, the only professional tennis player in history who had to forfeit a match for having broken all of his racquets. :D And they didn't call Mario Ancic "Baby Goran" for nothing either, if you know what I mean. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying this kind of behavior, but sometimes passions run high, adrenaline is surging, and if your not feeling these things, WHAT THE HELL are you doing at that table anyway? The trick is not to let yourself lose control too much, because you'll just end up looking like an asshole and embarrass yourself, like Shibaev did.

When I was a kid, I used to rage a lot. You know, you set yourself up for an attack, it's an easy ball, your feet seem to be perfect, you go for it... Turns out there was just a little bit more backspin to it than you thought and you end up hitting the net, giving a free point away. And sometimes, it just isn't your day, and you end up doing this two or three times in a single game, miss some serves... And your opponent happens to be an obnoxious prick who just can't stop yelling "CHO" and god knows whatnot, no matter how little he'd actually deserved to win these points... :D

My point - it takes a lot of effort and mental discipline to remain composed in situations like these. This being said, Shibaev needs to find a way to get his sh#t together.

Last edited:
Feb 2013

Okay, I was kidding maybe too much, I only got red card twice in my career, because of two yellow cards in the same match.
Earlier I was really often getting yellow cards because referee wanted me to calm down. Now It happens rarely. I sometimes lose my nerves because you know, you have really worked hard, and now you can't make it. But I am only 16, and I have found a way to control myself in these situations, so don't judge me too early.

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
What an idiot. His emotional (and possibly other) intelligence is clearly very low, tending towards zero. I hope any kids or youngsters don't see this, or think these sorts of antics are acceptable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Come on people... His reactions are slightly excessive, but no more than a tennis player slamming a racket to the ground.. The umpires did what they are trained to do... Issue the card, the same way 'racket abuse' gets a warning in tennis.... He's a character and characters in every sport should be encouraged! Too many boring robots in international table tennis IMHO... I'd rather see Saive, Weixing, Kreanga, Shibby, Maze or Schlager any day of the week... It's pure competitiveness, do not misread this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M51

M51

Sep 2012
His reactions are slightly excessive, but no more than a tennis player slamming a racket to the ground..
Not really. He took it out on a piece of equipment which isn't his property. That'a a pretty serious violation. And it was ugly. He could have just stomped the ball or something. It's what I would have done back in the juvenile days.

shib_proc.jpg

:D

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
It's a fairly poor control of emotion. The guy got mad, the match was over, take it somewhere else. Be a good sport, shake your opponents hand and then leave. I lost a match once and was really annoyed so I did what I had to do to respect my opponent and then went outside and kicked my water bottle over a rugby goal. Sure it's entertaining for us but it's not something to be encouraged, there are better ways of venting than taking it out on the table lol