Pure Wood vs Composite blades

says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
Jan 2014
hello guys,
I was thinking of changing my tbs to an allwood blade. I'm not sure about this though. Should i stick to composite blades or try for an allwood blade?
Also, any suggestions of good blades both allwood and composite?

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Jan 2014
Thanks a lot... i think i'll try an all wood blade, just to try and see if i like it. If i don't i'll go back to tbs or a similar blade!! Thanks again.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Thanks a lot... i think i'll try an all wood blade, just to try and see if i like it. If i don't i'll go back to tbs or a similar blade!! Thanks again.
If you go back to composite you should try the greatest composite blade ever: Viscaria! It will be great if you can find a good one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I understand, how is the HL3?
I also have the Viscaria and compared the to ALC blades the HL3 is a bit slower but has tons of control. I can create more spin with the HL3 than the ALC blades and play mid distance with control.

U have to ask yourself what u are looking for and why u want to change your blade. If u are curious and have the money then go ahead and try the HL3 otherwise try the TG506 which is a bit cheaper than HL3

Jan 2014
I also have the Viscaria and compared the to ALC blades the HL3 is a bit slower but has tons of control. I can create more spin with the HL3 than the ALC blades and play mid distance with control.

U have to ask yourself what u are looking for and why u want to change your blade. If u are curious and have the money then go ahead and try the HL3 otherwise try the TG506 which is a bit cheaper than HL3
I'll think about it... but i think that more control and spin is what i'm looking for. Thanks for your help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
For most players composite blades are beyond their capabilities even though they think they can handle it.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
For most players composite blades are beyond their capabilities even though they think they can handle it.
I'm totally agree with you. Most of the players i saw that was using carbon blades and switched to all wood, was very happy with their new all wood blades and was playing very more consistence.

Jan 2014
I think i'll either try one of the stigas (clipper, rosewood, or infinity), joola greenline extreme, or a kinoki 1-ply blade. Also i was looking at the YEO. Any suggestions on which one is the best?

says Aging is a killer
You have not stated any good reason why you want to try another blade. Maybe you are simply bored and want to move in a different direction.
I understand that. I have about 20 blades, simply because I wanted to try them even though I know that there would be no improvement in my game.
I don't know about Germany, but here in England, most of the top players use TBS+T05. Even the Butterfly sponsored pro-players prefer it even tough they have a choice of blades.
I think you'd be wasting a lot of time trying out other blades. Spend more time on the table perfecting your technique.
For the cost of one Viscaria, you can get about 5-7 hours of top individual coaching. Money much better spent.
. Having said that, I just bought a Darker 7P-2A:D

Last edited:
Jan 2014
You have not stated any good reason why you want to try another blade. Maybe you are simply bored and want to move in a different direction.
I understand that. I have about 20 blades, simply because I wanted to try them even though I know that there would be no improvement in my game.
I don't know about Germany, but here in England, most of the top players use TBS+T05. Even the Butterfly sponsored pro-players prefer it even tough they have a choice of blades.
I think you'd be wasting a lot of time trying out other blades. Spend more time on the table perfecting your technique.
For the cost of one Viscaria, you can get about 5-7 hours of top individual coaching. Money much better spent.
. Having said that, I just bought a Darker 7P-2A:D
Did you just order it or did it arrive already?