Stole tableTennis daily video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
I saw in another youtube channel has stolen the video of table tennis daily.
Should the webmaster doing something on it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for help guys. Ill do this when im on my desktop :)

I looked at the videos on the channel. Most of them are taken from other's videos. There are at least 10 Table Tennis Daily videos. He has uploaded Ping Skills videos as well.

The question here is, it does have the TTDaily logo on it, it does give exposure to TTDaily even though it gives exposure to his channel as well. Do you want the extra exposure? Or do you want him not to re-post your videos? Do you want to give you credit and post a link to TTDaily and explain that YOU created the video and that he is just reposting it? Or, do you want to flatten him and have YouTube delete his channel?

I doubt that any of the videos are his. It does look like he just reposts videos he likes to his channel.

Why don't you send him a message and see how he responds and what you think his purpose for reposting your videos is. Then you can decide if you want to have them cut his channel or if you want him to post links to TTDaily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
what a crazy guy! This guy post many video within one days. Most of them is from other channel.
You can simply click the flag button in youtube to report it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
whats the channel url
video link is now set to private

Carl, if poster likes to help "share" TTD videos, he can add them to his play list and not download and reupload them.
If it is the later, then obviously there is more reasons than just sharing

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm starting to like this thread.

Maybe we can keep this thread alive forever, and post in here when we find "abusers".
I did start something not long ago, but the buy in was really low.

There is too many people with lots of time, stealing videos and even making profit off it.
Just like the Chuan vs Saive match, I wonder how much money did that youtube poster who got millions of views made. How much of the profit (if there is any) is going to the tournament organisors - Tai Ben, Chih Yuan Ping Pong school, City of Kaoshuing?

But I guess we are all happy that the video got millions of views and promoting the sport, but imo, that poster stole the video too.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm starting to like this thread.

Maybe we can keep this thread alive forever, and post in here when we find "abusers".
I did start something not long ago, but the buy in was really low.

There is too many people with lots of time, stealing videos and even making profit off it.
Just like the Chuan vs Saive match, I wonder how much money did that youtube poster who got millions of views made. How much of the profit (if there is any) is going to the tournament organisors - Tai Ben, Chih Yuan Ping Pong school, City of Kaoshuing?

But I guess we are all happy that the video got millions of views and promoting the sport, but imo, that poster stole the video too.

I think your right Tony. The only real problem is, it's so hard to stop these users submitting videes that they don't own. The biggest facebook pages are now pages that most photos/videos they do not own. They just post it.

That video which reached millions of views, I thought it was posted by the original youtuber...?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think your right Tony. The only real problem is, it's so hard to stop these users submitting videes that they don't own. The biggest facebook pages are now pages that most photos/videos they do not own. They just post it.

That video which reached millions of views, I thought it was posted by the original youtuber...?

I think the million view poster is 9gag - the website that got it big. It started on FB, then youtube, then news sites.
If these guys are making money, then ouch, but if not, I think I may forgive them for doing some good promoting - equally, why did the tournament organisers choose a paid for platform - VOD channel to broadcast this match :( they should of also put it on Youtube (like ITTF) and make it big. This is by far the best match in TT history.

Anyways, I agree with what you are saying.
The only legtimate company/guys doing video poster is Piing of Power.
They film, edit and upload they own creation - with rights from companies they are rendering the services to.

I think no other (major) youtube poster are filming they own film, except for some that is contracted by ITTF to edit and upload ITTF matches.

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
I think the million view poster is 9gag - the website that got it big. It started on FB, then youtube, then news sites.
If these guys are making money, then ouch, but if not, I think I may forgive them for doing some good promoting - equally, why did the tournament organisers choose a paid for platform - VOD channel to broadcast this match :( they should of also put it on Youtube (like ITTF) and make it big. This is by far the best match in TT history.

Anyways, I agree with what you are saying.
The only legtimate company/guys doing video poster is Piing of Power.
They film, edit and upload they own creation - with rights from companies they are rendering the services to.

I think no other (major) youtube poster are filming they own film, except for some that is contracted by ITTF to edit and upload ITTF matches.

Yeah, it was 9gag and Vitaminl who made the match video go viral. It's crazy how much views they can get to a video just by sharing it on facebook.

I also read this whole thread and it was interesting cus I remember seeing one of our own (EditingSports) videos being uploaded to a random youtube channel some time ago and I think it got a good amount of views.. I was thinking whether to report it to Youtube as copyright abuse or just let it be there and entertain people & promote table tennis. I thought about it and checked how the video was getting views a few days but saw that it got removed after some days. I don't know what happened to it at the end of the day but after that I haven't seen anyone uploading our videos to Youtube without our permission.

Personally I'm careful not to use copyrighted material in my videos because Youtube is much more strict about copyright abuse now. I only use clips that we have recorded by ourselves and only use music that I really have the rights to use. All songs I use are copyright-free songs and I usually also ask the owner rights to use the song in my video. I give the song maker credit and everybody is happy :) A tip to every video-maker is to find big copyright-free song channels and find songs from there to use in your videos. Just give them credit and it's good :)

It's always good and important to give the video maker credit of making the video. Especially if you haven't asked permission to upload it. At least I'm totally fine with it if they just put a link to our youtube channel or facebook page :p

All these videos are very good for promoting table tennis so in the end I don't usually report abuses of our own videos.. But still it's cool to get some credit for making videos :)