looking for a new backhand rubber like vega pro

This user has no status.
hello community,

im looking for a new backhand rubber right now. my game on my bh is agressive loops, drives and blocks but still everything controlled, i try to get speed out of my technique and not of the rubber.
Right now im playing Xiom Vega Pro on my bh, excellent rubber but very very hard. Sometimes i need a little bit softer rubber to have better touch. I really tried a lot of rubbers like Xiom Vega Asia, Tenergy 64 and other shit but everything got to much catapult effect. The good thing about Vega Pro is the kind of non existing catapult effect, the rubber is just fast but not with bubblegum effect.

Do you know some rubbers for me? I was thinking about: Xiom Omega Europe, Donic Baracuda…?

Like i said, i need a fast rubber but without tremendous catapult effect, like Xiom Vega Pro but a little bit softer.

thanks guys :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Try my favorite BH rubber Dawei XP 2008 Super Power.

It is a very controllable mid-firm (40 degrees) rubber that is an excellent allround control rubber just like Sriver is.

Another cheep rubber to consider is Dawei Quattro Ultralight in a softer sponge. Try it in 2.2 SV sponge (35 degrees, that is SOFT)
Edit link... http://www.colestt.com/inverted.php

for modern rubbers, for those who life soft on BH, I usually recommend Aurus soft, Calibra Sound, Tibhar Genius, or Evolution FX-P

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Oh Stallion, I see you are in Germany.

The old-school players grew up using Nitakku Magic Carbon. That is a very good allround control rubber that is exactly what you are looking for.

Ask the club manager about that rubber, he will smile. I am not sure if it is even manufactured anymore, but there ought to be some sheets of it floating around there...

This user has no status.
hey man, thanks for the answer. which one of this 2 rubbers has more trampolin effect, tibhar evo FX-P or the Tibhar Genius???
hey Butt Stallion, i have played with Genius (normal 1,9 mm red) and i play now with Evolution Fx-p ( 1,9 mm red) on the same blade!
I know that the Evolution has a little bit less catapult ( but be shure to glue the Evolution with the new white legal glue!).
Also , I found the Evolution Fx-p to be harder than the Genius Sound (which i also have played with on this same blade) , but the Normal Genius is harder than the fx-p.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Aurus and Genius are very traditional-like linear rubbers. FX-P has more "Kick" on an OFF composite blade, it is like a juicier sheet of Aurus. If you use Aurus, you know what you are getting, even if you slap it on another blade. So many choices out there... FX-P is like what philly sez... It plays a lot harder than any FX rubber you have ever seen. I like it a lot.

Just because I like it and use it, that doesn't mean it is "right" for others. I can get by with just about anything on BH wing. I can get by with rock hard Aurus, medium XP 2008, hard H3, 42 degree Quattro, or most inverted rubber that is near max sponge and NOT anti rubber.

If you are short of money, the first two rubbers will work for you. If you have a lot of money, a LOT of soft sponged modern rubber not named Tenergy will work.

If you can find an un-used sheet of Magic Carbon, you will wonder why it isn't manufactured any more. It is an excellent allround rubber with tons of control for the player who wants to change the spins. Very linear control rubber. Not fast at all, just simply control in heaps, like Sriver or my favorite XP 2008.

This user has no status.
thanks for the advices :) i guess i have to test a lot of stuff and just spend a lot of money for my backhand. its so easy to find good rubbers for the forehand, i can play tenergy 05, tenergy 25fx, my neo hurricane 3 blue sponge, even the vega pro works good on the forehand. but the backhand is so sensible.

what i like about vega pro is the tremendous speed but without trampolin effect, its like the rubber does everything you want. but if you dont hit the ball fast enough its going into the net, the rubber is really hard. if you flick the serves of your opponent its hard to have a good touch with vega pro, medium rubbers are easier to play with. but like i said, its not easy if they have trampoline effect, then your flicks and topspins are like 50:50 chance, i hate that.

im going to test tsp ventus speed, evolution fx-p, donic baracuda and maybe a donic desto f2, i know the desto series is pretty popular in china.

thanks guys ;) greets

This user has no status.
Hi stallion. I use barracuda on my bh and bluefire on my fh. I can tell from my experience that barracuda is a bit jumpy. Especially on the short balls it tends to pop up more than you would like to. I am now looking for a new bh (probably somth xiom asia). It has plenty of power but the control is just not my cup of tea.

The bluefire (m1) however is the best ;). Although some say it's slow, I can do anything with it. I love the trampoline effect and the arc it creates. Personally it is my favourite sheet ever! But I am sure it will not be for everyone.

Send from my Samsung Galaxy s4 by using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is a though one.
I think it will be easier to fix the backhand technique than to find a medium rubber, if tensor and little trampoline effect.

Vega Pro is a medium hard, so you not getting the trampoline effect. Asia is same hardness, Euro is softer, but you will get trampoline.
So either you must go a non tensor route, or get a thinner sponge, or use somethign like Euro - which can give you great control and just work on your technique.

Rubbers does not make your shot 50/50, its either in or not, and its all user error if not :)

This user has no status.
Well I have to disagree with you on this 1 ;). Before I used calibra lt and before that short pimples on the bh. With both I did not had pop up in consistency as with barracuda. When a ball pops up I will adjust a little on the next shot with often the result of dropping the ball in the net. Maybe my bh is not suited for the soft rubber, but at this moment I blame barracuda :p (in the mean time I work on my bh)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well I have to disagree with you on this 1 ;). Before I used calibra lt and before that short pimples on the bh. With both I did not had pop up in consistency as with barracuda. When a ball pops up I will adjust a little on the next shot with often the result of dropping the ball in the net. Maybe my bh is not suited for the soft rubber, but at this moment I blame barracuda :p (in the mean time I work on my bh)

Then i'm sure all other Barracude BH users are having the exact same problem.
It must be a total flaw on the product and you guys should sue the company.

Just remember to give me commision :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Although my previous mesage I now realise that I changed my paddle to a carbon frame. This might also caused a bit more pop up. Hmm what arw your thoughts?

Yes, that is possible.
Its all about consistancy, and if you can't do that, then either equipment is too fast for you, or techinque is not correct - all different shots so get different results.
Table tennis is just so technical, ie, maybe your contact point is different. Maybe you not getting enough dwell on the sponge, maybe your shot is not the same. Even if different blade, a good foundation player can adapt to it - within a reasonable amount of time. So not sure what applies to you.