says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Stiga Infinity VPS Blade Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review Stiga's latest blade, the Infinity VPS.

@Dan and @Tom both used the Infinity VPS blade in this review using the Stiga Calibra Tour Medium rubbers. The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis. We found this blade to be similar with Stiga's hardwood series of blades including the Ebenholz and Maplewood blades

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the Stiga Infinity VPS Blade yet?

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hi Dan and Tom! How do you compare it with TBS? What's best and what's worst? How to you think it would behave with tenergy's?

Hey Massa, I would say becasue the TBS has carbon in it, its a little faster and the vps has slightly more control as an all wood blade. However I don't think its a huge difference and the vps has a great feeling. If you put tenergy on it I think it would be a great combination, fast enough for good attacking shots and still with a lot of control :)

Hope that helps, Tom

Reactions: massa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Hello,
I play the Stiga Infinity VPS V (conical). My rubbers are Xiom Omega 4 PRO and at the backhand Xiom Vega Japan. The combination of the blade and the rubbers are perfect for my game style. Unfortunately, the blade has been torn after half a year. So I buy a new blade, because I love the Stiga Infinity VPS V.
Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Thx for the Stiga Infinity Review!!

Hi Dan and Tom, just want to say a big thank you for the fantastic review, I actually bought VPS before I saw your review and I have just played with it for about 2 hours today. I am mostly a Cpen player but I am starting to learn shakehand technique and I have found that out of the 3 shakehand blades, Stiga Infinity VPS, Butterfly Liushiwen and Butterfly Viscaria, the golden oldie wood blade VPS is by far the best to learn with. It definitely excels in the short touch and has a good dwell and is very comfortable for blocking and punching on the backhand, everything which you guys said. I am far from the level you guys play at, so the review really helped me a lot, I feel good about the my VPS:)

By the way for people thinking about buying Stiga VPS, I have two flared VPS but one was just short of 80g whilst the 2nd one was 85g. I know many people are really into light blades but I personally would definitely prefer the 85g one (I just sold the first one)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan and Tom, just want to say a big thank you for the fantastic review, I actually bought VPS before I saw your review and I have just played with it for about 2 hours today. I am mostly a Cpen player but I am starting to learn shakehand technique and I have found that out of the 3 shakehand blades, Stiga Infinity VPS, Butterfly Liushiwen and Butterfly Viscaria, the golden oldie wood blade VPS is by far the best to learn with. It definitely excels in the short touch and has a good dwell and is very comfortable for blocking and punching on the backhand, everything which you guys said. I am far from the level you guys play at, so the review really helped me a lot, I feel good about the my VPS:)

By the way for people thinking about buying Stiga VPS, I have two flared VPS but one was just short of 80g whilst the 2nd one was 85g. I know many people are really into light blades but I personally would definitely prefer the 85g one (I just sold the first one)

Great to hear you like the VPS and the review helped you. I agree it sure does excel in those areas and is a perfect blade for the developing player aswell as the advanced.

What did you find different between your two VPS blades? As the weight varied.

@Dan, excellent review. I just wanted to say , your technique looked like Fan Zhendong's when playing , especially from the 3rd minute onwards. Is that a correct observation ?

Thanks ttmonster! :) Haha I wish it looked like his! I do watch the Chinese players a lot so perhaps I am naturally copying them a little. Or perhaps Fan Zhendong passed me 1% of his talent haha!

uploadfromtaptalk1392572990856.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Reactions: ttmonster