good setup for penhold ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
im a penholder atm .... :D im using my shakehand blade ; my current signature :p but im gonna get the yasaka extra offensive and rakza 7 rubbers on both sides. the trick is idk if i shld get max on my forehand .definately not gonna get max on my bh cuz my rpb is still developing. can anyone give some advice? :D im a hitter,looper and im very agressive....sometimes too much lol but i can slow down the game if needed... thanks

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
It should be a good set up, but I probably would not but max. on the FH.
If you are used to Sriver on your BH, why not stay with that, EL or FX.
:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
You mean dont get the max on fh? I dont know i wanna go all yasaka this time. should i get the 1.8 on the bh? or 2.0? will it be too fast? i also want a higher throw than sriver ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Max. on the FH may compromise your short game but if you have tried max and like it then it may be fine.
I have not tried too many rubbers on the BH. I have tried Sriver G3, which is higher throw and it gives good control, but it is faster than Sriver.
BH, 2.0 should work.
I am using Focus III snipe for BH and like it a lot: light, easy to control, but not too fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Max. on the FH may compromise your short game but if you have tried max and like it then it may be fine.
I have not tried too many rubbers on the BH. I have tried Sriver G3, which is higher throw and it gives good control, but it is faster than Sriver.
BH, 2.0 should work.
I am using Focus III snipe for BH and like it a lot: light, easy to control, but not too fast.

ooh ok how fast is the YEO? i was thinking abt getting that or the stiga active .....but idk....have you tried the rakza 7 or rakza 7 soft? thanks for everything again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
YEO is around a OFF- to OFF.
I have not tried the Stiga Active (a 7-ply). I personally like a 5-ply wood for CPen. Both Yasaka and Stiga make good CPen blades.
I haven't tried the Stiga NCT offensive but I think this would be a good choice too.
Rakza, I have not tried. I am guessing it would be between your T64 and Sriver in speed and spin.
Have you checked the PM I sent you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
YEO is around a OFF- to OFF.
I have not tried the Stiga Active (a 7-ply). I personally like a 5-ply wood for CPen. Both Yasaka and Stiga make good CPen blades.
I haven't tried the Stiga NCT offensive but I think this would be a good choice too.
Rakza, I have not tried. I am guessing it would be between your T64 and Sriver in speed and spin.
Have you checked the PM I sent you?
yeah ... thanks it helped alot. btw what thickness do u use on your forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
would u recommend the YEO as my first blade? or get the Stiga active? it looks more controllable but im kinda used to stiff blades i guess cuz my andro is pretty stiff so idk what to do.i started off with a softer blade first when i was playing shakehand so idk .i think i cud handle the YEO but idk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I haven't tried the Active.
YE (ALL+ to OFF-) and YEO (OFF) are quite popular for the CPen players.
If you are look for an all wood OFF CPen blade with 2 inverted rubbers, YEO would be my first choice. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
oh ok im guessing the active will be like the YE7 .i think ill get that first for a better transition from my current blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I got the yeo and 729-5 on fh and focus 3 snipe on bh.played two times with .it's great... :) I stuck both rubbers straight up to the handle though but I'll get used to it... both rubbers are good ...