Ma Long... what happnd to him??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
hey guys... everybody knows da power of Ma long.. wat a fantastic player he is.. but wat had happened to him frm last few months...??? I cant believe ma eyes by seeing his current game...

Plz share ur views wid me..

315.jpg

Photo by Sports.cn

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
To be fair, thus far this year, even though his play doesn't look like it was before, he still has beaten everyone except the Chinese players, and even won one of the tournaments. I actually think he will be better with this new style. Before he was pushing the speed so much that it was hard for him to react against someone who was good at blocking it back. He has trained so much to be so fast that normally it isn't a problem, but he has lost to some players that he really shouldn't have like when he lost the Chan Kazahiro, and Seiya Keisyakawa 4-0. When he isn't having a good day he can really be detrimented by his playstyle. If he took more time, and put more quality into his shots and slowed things down a little I think he can actually be a lot better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I still believe he is getting used to his new sponge, the blue one. He used to use an orange one like in the picture above.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did he have a wrist injury? I thought he had a knee injury. But what ever his injury or injuries were, he did sit out from something like July (after 2010 team World Championships) to January or February with the exception that he played in and won the Asia Games. Being off for half a year is hard to come back from and will probably take some time and some training.

says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
Mar 2011
Injury indeed

I was looking forward to watching him at the English Open at the late end of January - only to be disappointed that he couldn't make it :(

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
he had a knee injury

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
he had a knee injury

ah I thought it was a wrist injury because I saw him getting a wrist massage from someone, but you are probably right, he is rotating so much with his legs when he does a topspin FH, no wonder he gets injured.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Thats all right... But his recent win over Zhang jike in harmony open has once again proved that he is no less than others... nd he is gaining back his old form.. I hope that he will regain his world number 1 ranking very soon...