Jak

This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I have a Timo Spirit Blade OFF
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64/80

I like To win a point right off the serve ( Must be a spiny Rubber )
I Want to BH rubber to have good control and be good for flicks, chops and topspin.
I want to be able to rally and have a lot of control of the ball.

So far I have read T80 to have more control and spin and better at close to the table.
While T64 is better away from the table and has more speed.

Which rubber is better for chopping, Serves, and For rallies?

Thank You

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Yes tenergy 80 had more control but that's just a matter of getting used to your rubber and knowing how it works and yes it might be more forgiving too. Tenergy 64 still has a lot of spin just not as much as 80 and 80 is was better with flicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
So if you like to win points of the serve you probably won't be that far back so I would go with tenergy 80 besides I don't like 64 as a backhand rubber anyway for me I would use it as a forehand rubber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say, play against any noob, and you can win your point off the serve.
But if you are going to be serious and play against people that knows how to return your serves, 3rd balls, and so on, then its more your style of play + skills/techinque + rubber.

By the sound of the above "wishlist" from you, your equipment is an overkill

The 2 rubbers you suggested is all good for serve, chopping, rallies etc.
T80 is more suited maybe for close to the table, while T64 can go further back.
Other than that, it is really little difference for any player that is not ranked in the top level (in the top level, a 1% difference is a matter about winning and loosing)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It is not only that. A lot of people like tenergy rubbers, especially those who played long time ago with Srivers boostes with a glue each training session. The problem is that some blades which are very offensive makes the set up with tenergies not easy to control. What I mean is the problem with short push, service return and short spinny topspins.
Nowadays tactics are focused on playing short only with BH side, so we can say FH rubber can be very aggresive to make powerful and spinny topspin, while BH side should be more allround to be able playing pushes etc. T05FX is much easier to control and if you take it with 1.9mm, it is great for everything.
I wouldn't say that T80 is good for playing close. if you want to play close T05 if much better. T80 with different dimension of pips makes the ball going higher so it is much better to play further then T05, but I cannot compare it to T64 because I have never try it.

Jak

This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
So what would the best rubber be for the BH?
And is Tenergy 05 a good choice for a FH Rubber?

Thank You everyone so far for your help.

Jak

This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
As for the blade which is best suited?
Timo boll spirit, ALC, ZLC OR ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Jak, growing in level in TT is like playing Pokémon... You gotta catch 'em all to win, so why not try 'em all and tell us what you think. :)

I was going to say, start from Timo Boll All and work the way up.
Otherwise I can always recommened the Timo Boll Spirit, since Mr Boll is using that with T05 on both sides, i'm sure Jak can end up in the world top 10 too with the exact same equipment.

Jak, how long are you in table tennis?
Sounds to me you are looking at a way overkill equipment.
IMO, get a 2x rubbers + 1x blade at less than a price of those blades you have in question, and I'm sure that will be better for you. Unless you think most expensive is the best, or fastest is the best, or spinnest is the best etc.

FZD stated that he doesn't like fast, he prefers more control equipment. A 16 year old wise kid I must add.

Last edited:

Jak

This user has no status.

Jak

This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I've been playing for 3-4 years.
I currently have a Joola K5 Fast blade with Mambo H Rubber on both sides, Which is good all-round.
I want to upgrade my set-up.

At college my mate has a Timo Ball Blade with Tenergy 05 FH AND sriver g3 BH which I Used and really enjoyed.
When i was using The sriver in seemed to be alittle to slow and didn't have much spin and the control was nice.

But I would like a Rubber on my back hand to have more speed, spin and good control too.

Thats why I'm posting here because a certain amount of you have played with most rubbers and know which is better with which set-up ect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
It seems your step is too big. Your current set up is quite strange. Most of people start with allround blade and then upgrade only the rubbers to faster. Final change to OFF blade is only for really advanced players, when they lack of speed with allround blade and off rubbers. If you want to change everything I would suggest to choose OFF- setup. For instance blade Primorac JP OFF-, very good blade or Tibhar Stratus Powerwood. They are both OFF- blades but Tibhar is little bit faster. As to the rubbers if you want to choose Butterfly, you can take T05FX to your BH (you can trust me, it is the best choice from the Bty offer) and then it depends how do you play with you FH, if you play close you can take T05, if you like to play in distance you can take T80.