PDA

View Full Version : How to become a Moderator?

iTT
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I suppose this is more directed at current Mods and Dan.

Dan
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
I suppose this is more directed at current Mods and Dan.

Hey ITT, at the moment we have enough Moderators here at TableTennisDaily. I will let you know when we recruit. I think a moderator can be made here if he posts a lot and is very involved with TTD.

iTT
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for reply.

poltery
04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
hahahah how about the top posters :)

markog99
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
hahahah how about the top posters :)

yeah.the top posters will have a chance!!nobody else

poltery
04-13-2011, 01:26 PM
nicely agreed :)

iTT
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Yea I think it should be for people that post a lot and are regularly on the forums but not necessarily the top posters. It should be based on the experience the user has on forums and knowledge in the rules rather than their ability to comment on numerous threads.

Charlie
04-17-2011, 12:06 PM
just be active and you dont need to post an eccessive amount to be noticed do blog entries, creative posts not just 2-3 word posts so on

YosuaYosan
04-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Why be a mod ?

Michal_Z
05-31-2012, 04:44 PM

Then I am in with a chance! :D

WiWa
05-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Why be a mod ?

Agreed. The site is doing great, and if the TTD team ever were in need of new moderators among the members, they would ask for it I guess ;) Nice setup you have there by the way Yosua ^^

Matt Hetherington
06-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Yea, who knows one of these days I might need an assistant :P since I have 2 forums to moderate ;) haha

UpSideDownCarl
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Why be a mod ?

In the 1970s in the US there was a show called the Mod Squad. :)

They were really cool, with cool hair, sunglasses and bellbottom pants. Would it be something like that. :) Cause if that was it, I want in. On the show the bellbottoms looked cool when they were jumping over the cars. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd85Qim_Z6A

On second thought, I would rather just play table tennis. :)

azlan
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah!!! I remember that and starsky and hutch!!:)

UpSideDownCarl
06-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah!!! I remember that and starsky and hutch!!:)

:) What a funny era.

Why be a mod ?

Agreed. The site is doing great, and if the TTD team ever were in need of new moderators among the members, they would ask for it I guess ;)

And I agree with this.

YosuaYosan
06-02-2012, 07:33 AM
In the 1970s in the US there was a show called the Mod Squad. :)

They were really cool, with cool hair, sunglasses and bellbottom pants. Would it be something like that. :) Cause if that was it, I want in. On the show the bellbottoms looked cool when they were jumping over the cars. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd85Qim_Z6A

On second thought, I would rather just play table tennis. :)

Now I want to be a mod :(

UpSideDownCarl
06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Now I want to be a mod :(

Yosua, on the Mod Squad.

Dan
06-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Yosua, on the Mod Squad.

Haha in the next few months i will sort out all the mods guys. I think we need a few more on board. You are all the best! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Matt Hetherington
06-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Ooh who's coming on up :P haha

Dan
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Ooh who's coming on up :P haha

Hehe not to sure yet :) Will let you all know soon :)

XIII
01-15-2013, 02:28 AM
Right now all mods do is maybe ban an advertiser and remove the advertising...

Matt Hetherington
01-15-2013, 03:21 AM
Right now all mods do is maybe ban an advertiser and remove the advertising...

What else you want us to do? Give you a foot massage? haha

XIII
01-15-2013, 10:05 AM
What else you want us to do? Give you a foot massage? haha
Well...if the rules were more strict like some other forums you would be warning people for going off-topic, warning people for posting this useless/spam/maybe scam thread (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4260-Which-Wedding-Shoes-TTD) and that's about it of all I can think of right now.

Matt Hetherington
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Well...if the rules were more strict like some other forums you would be warning people for going off-topic, warning people for posting this useless/spam/maybe scam thread (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4260-Which-Wedding-Shoes-TTD) and that's about it of all I can think of right now.

Did you report it? I can't do anything about it because it's not in my forums. I moderate equipment reviews and interviews. Generally I don't go around looking at all of the threads so we have an important reliance on members to report spam threads or comments, then we get email notifications to our personal emails and remove the threads/posts.

Most of the moderators on here put a lot of effort into supporting Dan when he was getting TTD off the ground and did our best to invest into our forums. I personally spent a lot of time filling the interview forum with my own interviews as you may have noticed :)

UpSideDownCarl
01-15-2013, 01:54 PM
To me, it seems like things work just fine here. Any time I have let Dan know about spam, it disappears. Usually, they find the spam anyway, even if it is not reported. But, when you report it, they take care of it quickly.

I have not seen too many places where someone was really out of line in a thread and most of the stuff that goes off topic is on the fun side anyway and still interesting even if it is not exactly the original subject. And if you read the whole thread you can often see where things went a little off topic and sometimes it makes sense that the discussion shifted.

Der_Echte
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I caused all that drifting off topic to happen and I am right proud of it.

XIII
01-18-2013, 01:56 AM
I caused all that drifting off topic to happen and I am right proud of it.
Good, I basically directed the message to you since you do it teh most ;)

agold
05-20-2014, 07:05 PM
Just saw this thread. I know it has been dormant for a long time but I think there is an important point here. This is my only active forum, but sometimes I'll do a google search and I'll see Alex Table Tennis or another tt forum. Those mods are very strict. If you get a little off topic, they will say something like, "this is not related to the original topic. This is your first warning." I think that makes the forum uptight, and I really like this forum because of its relaxedness.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Just saw this thread. I know it has been dormant for a long time but I think there is an important point here. This is my only active forum, but sometimes I'll do a google search and I'll see Alex Table Tennis or another tt forum. Those mods are very strict. If you get a little off topic, they will say something like, "this is not related to the original topic. This is your first warning." I think that makes the forum uptight, and I really like this forum because of its relaxedness.

THe problem with Alex TT, or rather Mytt, is that there is way too many trolls in that forum.
I have mod friends there, and its really sad to see how much time they need to waste in they lifes to baby sit spoilt brats hiding behind a pc screen.