PDA

View Full Version : World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014

Pages : [1] 2

TableTennisDaily
03-15-2014, 04:39 PM
ZEN-NOH World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014, April 28th - May 05th, Tokyo, Japan

Total number of team entries is: 121

Click for our Media Library (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/media.php?do=category&cid=186) which contains all the matches from the WTTTC 2014!

The ZEN-NOH World Team Table Tenis Championships is just around the corner with the action beginning Tokyo on Monday 28th April and concluding on Monday 5th May 2014.

Live matches from the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014 can be watched in our ITTF Live Streaming (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php) which has integrated chat!

What a year 2014 has been so far with recent World Tours. The next major event in store for table tennis World will be the World Team Table Tennis Championships! Reigning World team champions China, won the championships in 2012 defeating Germany in the final. Zhang Jike as seen in the picture below defeated Germany's Timo Boll in the epic final two years ago..

What will happen this time round, will China once again secure the Men's Team Title?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/zhangjikeboll2012.jpg
Zhang Jike recorded vital win in his second World Championship for China in 2012 - AP Photo/Frank Augstein

So I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2014! Lets get things under way! Who have you voted in our WTTTC 2012 poll?

Men's Team Seedings

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/chinachampions2012.jpg
Chinese National Men's Team Champions of 2012 in Dortmund - photo by: sportschau.de

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=MGTEM&Division=1&Gender=M) - Second Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=MGTEM&Division=2&Gender=M) - Third Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=MGTEM&Division=3&Gender=M)

Team and players

01) China - (Xu Xin, Ma Long, Fan Zhendong, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao)
02) Germany - (Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Timo Boll, Patrick Baum, Bastian Steger, Patrick Franziska)
03) Japan - (Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa, Kenta Matsudaira, Masato Shiono, Seiya Kishikawa)
04) Korea Republic - (Joo Se Hyuk, Kim Min Seok, Cho Eonrae, Jun Yungsik, Lee Jungwoo)
05) Chinese Taipei - (Chuang Chih Yuan, Chen Chien-An, Chiang Hung-Chieh, Huang Sheng-Sheng, Wu Chih-Chi)
06) Portugal - (Marcos Freitas, Tiago Apolonia, Joao Monteiro, Andre Silva, Joao Geraldo)
07) Hong Kong - (Tang Peng, Jiang Tianyi, Wong Chun Ting, Leung Chu Yan, Cheung Yuk)
08) Austria - (Robert Gardos, Chen Weixing, Stefan Fegerl, Daniel Habesohn, Werner Schlager)
09) Croatia - (Andrej Gacina, Tan Ruiwu, Tomislav Kolarek, Frane Kojic, Tomislav Pucar)
10) Russia - (Alexander Shibaev, Kirill Skachkov, Alexey Liventsov, Grigory Vlasov, Mikhail Paikov)
11) France
12) Sweden
13) Belarus
14) Greece
15) Singapore
16) Brazil
17) Denmark
18) Polan

Full list of Men's teams here. (http://portal.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/ittf_teams_web.asp?TEAM_NO=&Tour_ID=2278&Gender=M)

Women's Team Seedings

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/chinawomenchamps2012.jpg
Chinese National Women's Team Champions of 2012 in Dortmund. Photo by: chinadaily.com

In 2012 the Chinese National Women's team gained revenge over Singapore after they had lost in 2010 in which was one of the biggest sporting upsets in table tennis history. China's Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Guo Yan, Li Xiaoxia, and Guo Yue won this 2012 World Team Championships. Below are the seeds for this years World Team Championships.

Schedule - Groups - Championship Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=WGTEM&Division=1&Gender=W) - Second Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=WGTEM&Division=2&Gender=W) - Third Division (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=WGTEM&Division=3&Gender=W)

Team and players

01) China
02) Japan
03) Korea Republic
04) Hong Kong
05) Singapore
06) Germany
07) Chinese Taipei
08) Korea
09) Romania
10) Hungary
11) Ukraine
12) Russia
13) Czech Republic
14) Netherlands
15) Poland
16) belarus
17) USA
18) Slovak Republic

Full list of Women's teams here. (http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_draw_web2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=WGTEM&Division=1&Gender=W)

This is going to be a fantastic tournament so lets get started by discussing the seeds. We can use this discussion as a means to display all the latest results, news, and more from this spectacular event! What are your predictions from each division?

slyguy
03-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Nice one :cool:

Alborz
03-15-2014, 04:54 PM
As always China is going to win it easily.Making a poll is good but we all know that China is going to dominate the poll with more than 90% ;)

TableTennisDaily
03-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Making a poll will be good but we all know that China is going to dominate the poll with more than 90% ;)

Poll now added Alborz. Does any country have a chance against China?..

Alborz
03-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Poll now added Alborz. Does any country have a chance against China?..
Maybe Germany can finish 1:3 against China but noting can stop China to become the champion.

SquareBall
03-15-2014, 05:10 PM
I missclicked my vote can i reset it somehow?

jedimasterplk
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Agree. The poll is ever so slightly silly, with due respect.

As always China is going to win it easily.Making a poll is good but we all know that China is going to dominate the poll with more than 90% ;)

Alborz
03-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Agree. The poll is ever so slightly silly, with due respect.
Something i can't understand is why Croatia has more votes than Japan and Germany! Maybe someone voted three times on it.

Anders
03-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Maybe Germany can finish 1:3 against China but noting can stop China to become the champion.

Actually, there si possible for Germany to win.. Dima and Timo are really strong players, and both have been doing really well against chinese players. If Boll can find back to his old prime game and Dima can bring out his best + Baum plays like never before, it can be Germany that wins.. But that's just IF hahah :p

But China will probably win the whole thing.. Maybe lose a game or two.. Too bad, but it's not Chinas fault, they are doing all they can to be best! If the other countries want to win, they have to step up their work at home

Filip
03-16-2014, 12:14 AM
You never know what germany can do... I voted for them. Believing is the first step ;)
Timo on his best level can beat anyone, we know that. He has beaten the whole chinese team against who they are going to play if they meet, and not unimportant, he won against 2 of them last time (zhang jike and xu xin). I hope he plays against xu xin, he has the biggest chance against him. And for Dima, I hope he will play Zhang jike, but I can't believe Ma Long wouldn't be tho one playing on of them, and probably xu xin number three. Best for germany is to put franziska as their third men. Stegers lobbing certainly won't do it against XX and the same counts for Baum, his blocking game isn't enough. Franziska has the most possibilities, he can change his game when it isn't working, Baum and Steger can't. I find it sad that suss isn't in the team anymore (that's normal, due to his injury of last year, but still, he has a good game).

Let's hope for the best. The germans are the only ones who really have a chance. The japanese... Jun has never won against one of them, except against Ma Lin, but he isn't there. Koki Niwa has beaten Ma Long once, but I doubt that he will repeat that. Kenta has the best game against the chinese and has beaten XX and FZD already. Zhang Jike almost and also against Ma Long he has a decent chance. Maybe it ios best that Shiono plays instead of Niwa, but that will depent on their performances in the tournament.

And South Korea... it is a strong team, but not as strong as they were. They had to ask Joo to play again to make sure they will win against the lesser teams. It is a bummer that Lee Sang Su isnt' in the line up, he always has a chance against the chinese.

Where is Smirnov by the way? Don't ever forget the russians, they surprised me already manytimes (but against china, it won't be enough ofcourse)

bachikho
03-16-2014, 01:34 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1932230_807662305930441_1230690500_n.png

shaolinTT
03-16-2014, 03:58 AM
May be more fun to vote for who will be 2nd or 3rd. ;)

Sali
03-16-2014, 06:06 AM

Yes this should be more interesting. I think japan players did great work last year, especially kenta and masato. I think they Can win against germany. Korea is also strong last time. In my opinion Korea vs japan should fight for 2nd place and germany with portugal for 4th. But future will show.

Alborz
03-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Germany is going to be 2nd and Japan 3rd.

If Germany wants to win against China, it needs two things:
1) they play their best game of life.
2) China plays it's worst!

Only one of them is not going to be enough.

tan.theveteran
03-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Germany is going to be 2nd and Japan 3rd.

If Germany wants to win against China, it needs two things:
1) they play their best game of life.
2) China plays it's worst!

Only one of them is not going to be enough.
how about china playing at their normal level?

Alborz
03-16-2014, 12:16 PM
how about china playing at their normal level?
Then still China is going to win probably 3:2 or 3:1. But it is just some "IF"s. We will see what will happen.

bricephan
03-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I believe Korea will make it to final :) They will probably win Germany in semifinal. I never believe Japan, they do have bunch of well-known players but plying so unstable and inconsistent. Furthermore, whole team of Japan is playing in Germany and aomeqhere in Europe, then European players have already got very much used to Japanese style, which is consequently going to make JP team really difficult time. Thats my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

TTHopeful
03-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Poll or no poll, I can't wait for this event to take place! I hope for great matches that we will remember for years to come!

aLeX-12345
03-17-2014, 07:37 AM
RUSSIA!!!:cool:

Rajah*
03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Group B and C are both intresting brackets.. its a question of whose goin to go out strong full stretch consistency..

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

pingpingpongpong
03-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Hong Kong for the semis! Just like during the time of Li Ching and Ko Lai Chak!

Alborz
03-20-2014, 01:58 PM
It is reported that Zhang Jike got injured last week in China closed training.

In a interview Liu Guoliang said:
"The condition of Zhang Jike recently has been much better. However, the lower part of his left shoulder blade was injured. He feels uncomfortable moving it. It is even painful when he breathes and there is a little swelling. It may be neuropathic. He has told me that it has gotten slightly better but it can still get a little sore at times especially when playing chops."

It was also said that there is nothing serious.

I hope Zhang Jike recovers fast and be at his best at WTTTC.

Arshia
03-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Always china is wining!

Irkutt
03-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Look forward to watching this big event. Would like to see a bit more intrigue in terms of opposition to China but that's almost impossible.

Alborz
03-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Yesterday CNT has special squad matches:

Fan Zhendong vs Xu Chenhao 3:0
Xu Xin vs Zhou Yu 3:1
Ma Long vs Liang Jingkun 1:3
Zhang Jike vs Liu Jikang 1:3

Those matches was special because the couching staff set some interesting rules:
Zhang Jike and Xu Xin banned form using banana stroke. And Ma Long was banned to play drop-shots!
Great ideas by Liu Guoliang.

TableTennisDaily
04-06-2014, 06:44 PM
We're ready for the World Team Championships with our new site banner in place! Here is a nice promo video by the ITTF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcuStSTJSI

mahomedy13
04-06-2014, 07:10 PM
China all the way! If there ever was a team that could come close,it would have been Germany (if it was only 2 players per country).Then Boll and Ovtcharov might have had a chance against China(that is if they were on their best forms and China's best weren't playing:p)

atora
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Das ist wirklich eine gute Nachricht. Lassen Sie Erfolg mit Ihnen sein!: Eek:

janus
04-17-2014, 01:15 PM
# TTokyo 2014 - Guide :):)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VJBq_xGAYQTVJJMlgzRTFwWXc/edit?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VJBq_xGAYQTVJJMlgzRTFwWXc/edit?usp=sharing)

Fan_Zhendong1997
04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
I think china team had prepared for their powerful weapon,so who in the world could beat them??

Giangt
04-17-2014, 02:57 PM
# TTokyo 2014 - Guide :):)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VJBq_xGAYQTVJJMlgzRTFwWXc/edit?usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VJBq_xGAYQTVJJMlgzRTFwWXc/edit?usp=sharing)

Hey Janus.
Are you going to be at the main event?

Giangt
04-17-2014, 03:41 PM
The WTTTC 2014 is going to be exciting for sure, but I don't like using the phrase "China will win as always". Perhaps they will win because they have 5 team players who are in the top 5 on the world ranking list. They also have been innovative in developing new techniques in the table tennis sport which make them so good at it.

Looking at the groups, group b where Germany is the favorite team, they will IMO have a though time having Hong Kong, Singapore and Croatia in their group. Group B is definitely one to watch.

Group C could also be exciting if Portugal will make an upset over Japan.

Group D is also one to keep an eye on having the Korean republic as favorites, but they have to watch out for Chinese Taipei with names like Chuang Chih Yuan and Chen Chien An.

pingpingpongpong
04-18-2014, 04:21 AM
Looking at the groups, group b where Germany is the favorite team, they will IMO have a though time having Hong Kong, Singapore and Croatia in their group. Group B is definitely one to watch.

Indeed Germany vs Hong Kong will be very exciting. The Germans may have prepared to go against Jiang Tianyi and Tang Peng but they do not have any data about Wong Chun Ting. I think HK will send Wong to fight two matches in Germany vs HK.

janus
04-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Hey Janus.
Are you going to be at the main event?

Hi Giangt, I'm sorry no ....
Maybe you, or some of the other friends here could be there :)

ttmonster
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Hi Giangt, I'm sorry no ....
Maybe you, or some of the other friends here could be there :)

Giangt, you asked the wrong question buddy ? :P The right question would have been , Hi Janus, are you going to be covering all the important matches and giving us you high quality full match/short form videos ? .... The answer has to be "Yes" ........... :D :D ..... just kidding ....

conanchihieu
04-19-2014, 12:40 AM
When the group stage is finished, how will the qualified teams be put in the knock-out round? Will it be the draw or "Winner of group A meets Runner-up of group B and Winner of group B meets Runner-up of group A"?

janus
04-19-2014, 11:46 AM
# REVIEW: Chinese National Team Warm-up matches

http://tabletennista.com/2014/4/ma-long-xu-xin-won-the-warm-up-match-final/

Lukea
04-19-2014, 11:56 AM
What happens if no one gets the correct answers for the competition.If know 1 guesses right,who wins it?

Rajah*
04-19-2014, 03:33 PM
What happens if no one gets the correct answers for the competition.If know 1 guesses right,who wins it?

Then there is no winner, the price thats suppose for this event will be use to the next contest. No one gets the correct answer, then there is no winner.

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 04:46 PM
I believe Korea will make it to final :) They will probably win Germany in semifinal. I never believe Japan, they do have bunch of well-known players but plying so unstable and inconsistent. Furthermore, whole team of Japan is playing in Germany and aomeqhere in Europe, then European players have already got very much used to Japanese style, which is consequently going to make JP team really difficult time. Thats my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Agree here, really solid input and backing with true facts.
I see the same problem with Team Japan - good players but always disappointing at the end of the day.

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 04:50 PM
China all the way! If there ever was a team that could come close,it would have been Germany (if it was only 2 players per country).Then Boll and Ovtcharov might have had a chance against China(that is if they were on their best forms and China's best weren't playing:p)

Agree, the less player, the higher the chance for the opponent

if it is 5 vs 5, then no ways any one can win.

3 vs 3 is nearly impossible.

2 vs 2 is anyone's game

Timo Boll doesn't look that great, Dima up and down is really big. Germany on paper yes, but its how they peak in a major event (which Dima isn't great at)

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Agree here, really solid input and backing with true facts.
I see the same problem with Team Japan - good players but always disappointing at the end of the day.

Japan still has a few surprises.Look at Jun Mizutani in the German open Final.even though he wasnt well,he still came very close to beating Dima.
And remember how Masato Shiono Caused Ma Long to become injured.
They still have it in them and definitely have a chance to come out second.

BTW,whos playing in the South African Team?

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Then there is no winner, the price thats suppose for this event will be use to the next contest. No one gets the correct answer, then there is no winner.

Did that happen before?

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Japan still has a few surprises.Look at Jun Mizutani in the German open Final.even though he wasnt well,he still came very close to beating Dima.
And remember how Masato Shiono Caused Ma Long to become injured.
They still have it in them and definitely have a chance to come out second.

BTW,whos playing in the South African Team?

Few suprises - yes, but so far they have been disappointing.
Best on "full team" strength or possiblitiy of challenging the Chinese, they are higher than any other country (3rd player can challenge Chnese 3rd player).
So lets wait and see. home ground advantage... and see how they do.

SA Team
Terrence, Keegan, Kurt, Samuel (added recently, I think because of sports ministers 60% policy)
Caitlin, Khanysilie, Jade, Thabisile (also added recently)

Extremely weak imo.
They came back from African Junior champs with no medals (first time ever!!!)

Rajah*
04-19-2014, 05:09 PM

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Few suprises - yes, but so far they have been disappointing.
Best on "full team" strength or possiblitiy of challenging the Chinese, they are higher than any other country (3rd player can challenge Chnese 3rd player).
So lets wait and see. home ground advantage... and see how they do.

SA Team
Terrence, Keegan, Kurt, Samuel (added recently, I think because of sports ministers 60% policy)
Caitlin, Khanysilie, Jade, Thabisile (also added recently)

Extremely weak imo.
They came back from African Junior champs with no medals (first time ever!!!)

One of the worst policies ever.

We are quite lucky it still hasn't changed our rugby and cricket sides.I dread it when that happens.All our achievements and ranking will drop horrendously.Just take a look at our soccer side.

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
One of the worst policies ever.

We are quite lucky it still hasn't changed our rugby and cricket sides.I dread it when that happens.All our achievements and ranking will drop horrendously.Just take a look at our soccer side.

Extremely racist imo. Some race are worth more because of skin colour is being taught.....
Sports should be by merit and not because of race or skin colour.

I'm sure fans already see SA players as one race - South Africans.....
I guess the politicians don't.

I still remember Fifa 2010. We didn't see skin colour, we saw Team SA, and all South African was backing South Africa

IMO, our soccer side does have selection by merit.
But our players don't play as a unit.
I think there is a big issue in SA about patriotism

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Extremely racist imo. Some race are worth more because of skin colour is being taught.....
Sports should be by merit and not because of race or skin colour.

I'm sure fans already see SA players as one race - South Africans.....
I guess the politicians don't.

I still remember Fifa 2010. We didn't see skin colour, we saw Team SA, and all South African was backing South Africa

IMO, our soccer side does have selection by merit.
But our players don't play as a unit.
I think there is a big issue in SA about patriotism

If only the politicians could think.Apartheid ended 20 years ago.By now,everyone has had their chance to work back and achieve what they are capable of.And those that are not able,then they should be helped.And one of the worst things are the tenders...

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 08:07 PM
If only the politicians could think.Apartheid ended 20 years ago.By now,everyone has had their chance to work back and achieve what they are capable of.And those that are not able,then they should be helped.And one of the worst things are the tenders...

Oh well,
They should learn from other countries, that had the same problem and how they got out of it.
IE, China, Taiwan both was in a worse condition after world war 2.
Took them both about 20 years to recover and blossom.
I was in Australia recently (a place Saffers call decendent of prisoners), well they defiantly live in harmony compared to the hate/tension.
We should learn from them too.

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Oh well,
They should learn from other countries, that had the same problem and how they got out of it.
IE, China, Taiwan both was in a worse condition after world war 2.
Took them both about 20 years to recover and blossom.
I was in Australia recently (a place Saffers call decendent of prisoners), well they defiantly live in harmony compared to the hate/tension.
We should learn from them too.

Too True.And those countries have developed really well so far.

Alborz
04-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Japan is strong if all of them play good but most of the time just one of them is at his best.

Anyway i think Germany still has more chance. Just see 2012 WTTTC semi-final Japan vs Germany. Mizutani lost 3:0 two times. Also Koki Niwa lost 3:0. the only won were from Sieya Kishikawa that defeated Patrik Baum 3:1. So 10:3 in games to Germany.

But Japan has new guns this year like Kenta Matsudaira and Masato Shino.

Comparing them to Germany, they have more rounded team. I mean their players are usually at same level unlike Germany that number 3 is far weaker than the first 2.
So i think if they face Germany they will probably win the 3rd match but other matches will probably be won by Germany.

So my vote goes to Germany for second place.

And of course China have 99% chance to be the champion!

Corleone
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
I would love to see germany take the title! But reality is china has a more balanced team,all the players r strong. My guess is china will play jike and ma long up and xu xin at 3 position. I dont know if timo will rise to the occasion and dima is a very confident player but sometimes that works against him as ive seen some of the risks he takes at crucial times in a match. A upset is possible but not likely!

mahomedy13
04-22-2014, 09:14 PM
I would love to see germany take the title! But reality is china has a more balanced team,all the players r strong. My guess is china will play jike and ma long up and xu xin at 3 position. I dont know if timo will rise to the occasion and dima is a very confident player but sometimes that works against him as ive seen some of the risks he takes at crucial times in a match. A upset is possible but not likely!

Possible as in 1 to 100:p-the chance is too small.

silvershamaa
04-26-2014, 05:57 AM
Tokyo TV station will likely be streaming table 3 of the WTTTC2014. It makes sense, because all of the matches that team Japan will be playing for the qualification stage will be on table 3, both men and women. Unfortunately, I can't find a reliable stream for Tokyo TV because of location limitations, so if anyone does find a stream, recording those matches would be much appreciated!:):D (especially for the short-form editors, if you're interested;))
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_of_6_web.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=MGTEM&Group_no=3
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events/team_groups_of_6_web.asp?Tour_Code=2278&s_Event_type=WGTEM&Group_no=2
Japan's matches ^

SquareBall
04-26-2014, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the links with the first games :)

silvershamaa
04-26-2014, 06:25 AM
I also have the Tokyo TV streaming schedule (the matches may not all be live):

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/index/timetable/
It's in japanese, but browsers should be able to translate.

janus
04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
# Many Full Matches in Short Form to remember WTTTC 2012 (PLAYLIST)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL15B73E95DB6BB3A7

zjkfanforever
04-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Some photos from 27th training

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/sets/72157644392587133/

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/18/42/Img6534218_n.jpg

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/38/42/Img6534238_n.jpg

http://m2.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/37/42/Img6534237_n.jpg

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/34/42/Img6534234_n.jpg

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/02/42/Img6534202_n.jpg

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/08/42/Img6534208_n.jpg

http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/07/42/Img6534207_n.jpg

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/14/42/Img6534214_n.jpg

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/12/42/Img6534212_n.jpg

pingpingpongpong
04-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Hong Kong and China share the same distinction of having two penholders in their respective teams. Hong Kong has Leung Chu Yan and Wong Chun Ting while China has Xu Xin and Wang Hao.

zjkfanforever
04-27-2014, 03:32 PM
27th News Conference

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/a4898083gw1efuhbn0cu4j20hs0hs0ur.jpg

5838 5839 http://www.chinanews.com/tp/2014/04-27/U335P4T8D6110186F107DT20140427153538.jpg

TTHopeful
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Some photos from 27th training

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/12/42/Img6534212_n.jpg

Ma Long's bats?

ZhangJikeTheBest
04-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Ma Long's bats?

I think so

Zhang Jike <3

matzreenzi
04-27-2014, 05:35 PM
Ma Long's bats?

In my knowledge, YES it's Ma Long's bat

ZJK
04-27-2014, 06:10 PM
The T-Shirt of Xu Xin is epic. ''The King Of Table Tennis'' ;)

TableTennisDaily
04-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Timo Boll and Patrick Franziska stretching today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7LBPXojIi8

TableTennisDaily
04-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Butterfly have a cool social stream here where you can follows Butterfly's updates on the event with cool behind the scene footage: http://www.butterflymag.com/JapanTable/

zjkfanforever
04-28-2014, 02:28 AM
Butterfly have a cool social stream here where you can follows Butterfly's updates on the event with cool behind the scene footage: http://www.butterflymag.com/JapanTable/

Can you watch the video? I can't watch it.

Der_Echte
04-28-2014, 07:13 AM
Yang Ha Uhn does the comeback down 1-3 and 0-3 to defeat Li J of NL for GLORY!

Never give up !!

Der_Echte
04-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Now it's Chopper Seo vs chopper Li...

Can anyone say EXPEDITE RULE ???

TableTennisDaily
04-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Ma Long and Xu Xin have took to the selfie craze at the World Team Championships!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/malongxuxinselfie.jpg

TableTennisDaily
04-28-2014, 08:02 AM
England vs Thailand live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWu5uHE7uw8

Alborz
04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Cool photos! keep them coming.

Alborz
04-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Ma Long's bats?
I think yes. I wish i had those bats ;)

MDanielCRO
04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't now why but I can't open results on ITTF, the whole page is too slow and not loading.
Can anyone please post results from MEN's 1st division?

Sali
04-28-2014, 12:12 PM
I think too many people want to watch TT live, that is why page is so slow.

Sali
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Japan lost with Greece. There might be end of the tournament for the host.

Dan
04-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Japan lost to Greece? Individual results?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

pingpingpongpong
04-28-2014, 12:23 PM
It is Seiya again performing bad in the Team Championships! He lost to Kreanga and Gionis

Sali
04-28-2014, 12:23 PM
ABC

JAPAN 2
3 GREECE
XYZ

MIZUTANI Jun

KREANGA Kalinikos

KISHIKAWA Seiya

GIONIS Panagiotis

MATSUDAIRA Kenta

PAPAGEORGIOU Konstantinos

MIZUTANI Jun

GIONIS Panagiotis

KISHIKAWA Seiya

KREANGA Kalinikos

Sali
04-28-2014, 12:45 PM
I was always wondering why they take kishikawa? He was never good team player. Currently I think Mizutani, Shiono and Kenta are the best you can count on. In that way even if they finish on second place probably the meet china and this is all over.

Greece shock Japan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3qszWpKrY

GiorgosTT
04-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Still i think that Kenta lost the match for Japan (or as i prefer to see it, Papageorgiou won it for Greece! :D )
as all the other matches were open for both teams to win..

Anyway great win for Greece, one step closer to the goal of reaching top 12!

SquareBall
04-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Still i think that Kenta lost the match for Japan (or as i prefer to see it, Papageorgiou won it for Greece! :D )
as all the other matches were open for both teams to win..

Anyway great win for Greece, one step closer to the goal of reaching top 12!
Where did you watch it ? And isnt it at 6 : 30 greece time ? The times ittf schedule gives aren't greenwich times ?

SquareBall
04-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Posted 03-17-2014
Top (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/#top) | #11 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?7673-2014-WTTTC-entry-list-is-out!&p=77163&viewfull=1#post77163)

SquareBall (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/member.php?16838-SquareBall)
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/Styles/Blackend/statusicon/user-online.pngUser has no status!

Established TTD MemberCountry: https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/buttons/flags/Greece.GIF
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/image.php?u=16838&dateline=1393785251 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/member.php?16838-SquareBall)Equipment:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/bat.png TSP Thriller OFF-
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/batred.png XIOM Sigma Europe I (2.1mm)
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/batblack.png XIOM Sigma Europe I (2.1mm)

Join DateFeb 2014LocationPalliniPosts103Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Voted "other" aiming at greece team, which i believe is overpowered. Probably not the best and they cant beat China but, i dont care for that because no one can anyways. So i voted Greece for second potision although her group ain't easy, Japan and France are hardcore teams but i have that unjustified feeling KREANGA-GIONIS-PAPAGEORGIOU-LAGOGIANNIS-RINIOTIS are going to dominate !!!
Last edited by SquareBall (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/posthistory.php?p=77163); 03-17-2014 at 12:15 AM.

GiorgosTT
04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey SquareBall, unfortunately there was no live streaming for this match so i followed the live scoring from ittf.com

That was really slow though, so i was trying to predict how the match was going, based on the crowd reactions i could hear
from the ittv live stream (they broadcasted table 2, Greece was playing table 3!). So, huge cheer meant Japan scored a point,
single 'choooooooo' was Greece scoring a point!

SquareBall
04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Hey SquareBall, unfortunately there was no live streaming for this match so i followed the live scoring from ittf.com

That was really slow though, so i was trying to predict how the match was going, based on the crowd reactions i could hear
from the ittv live stream (they broadcasted table 2, Greece was playing table 3!). So, huge cheer meant Japan scored a point,
single 'choooooooo' was Greece scoring a point!
This is ridiculous ... Is it so hard to broadcast the games ? I wanted so much to watch it :(

tan.theveteran
04-28-2014, 02:20 PM

didn't see that coming.

ping fun
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
can some one tell the individual result of china? did ma long play?

Alborz
04-28-2014, 02:55 PM
What the Fu**. Japan lost it and i lost my Arioc rubbers. Damn :mad:

Anyway i hope China to continue strong.

Alborz
04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
can some one tell the individual result of china? did ma long play?
Yes he played.

China vs Brazil 3:0

Zhang Jike vs Cazou Matsumoto 3:1 (11:2, 11:6, 8:11, 13:11)
Ma Long vs Hugo Calderno 3:0 (3:11, 9:11, 4:11)
Xu Xin vs Gustavo Tsubio 3:1 (11:1, 11:4, 5:11, 11:8)

ping fun
04-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Yes he played.

China vs Brazil 3:0

Zhang Jike vs Cazou Matsumoto 3:1 (11:2, 11:6, 8:11, 13:11)
Ma Long vs Hugo Calderno 3:0 (3:11, 9:11, 4:11)
Xu Xin vs Gustavo Tsubio 3:1 (11:1, 11:4, 5:11, 11:8)
mer30.... ina ro az kudum site nega mikonin? ya xodetun baziaro didin?:p

Alborz
04-28-2014, 03:12 PM
mer30.... ina ro az kudum site nega mikonin? ya xodetun baziaro didin?:p
From ITTF website: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/competitions2.asp?Competition_ID=2278&category=WTTC

SquareBall
04-28-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=35215&Competition_ID=2278& For anyone interested, its an interview with Greece players about their victory over Japan, some score details, and there is also a Day 1 small video but it's all about a point at Greece-Japan game .

ping fun
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
From ITTF website: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/competitions2.asp?Competition_ID=2278&category=WTTC thnx alot im gonna check it .............

Rajah*
04-28-2014, 04:06 PM
What the Fu**. Japan lost it and i lost my Arioc rubbers. Damn :mad:

Hahahahaha!

TableTennisDaily
04-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Greece shock Japan!

Japan 2 - 3 Greece

Jun Mizutani vs Kalinikos Kreanga 3-2
Seiya Kishikawa vs Gionis Panagiotis 2-3
Kenta Matsudaira vs Konstantinos Papageorgiou 2-3
Jun Mizutani vs Gionis Panagiotis 3-1
Seiya Kishikawavs KREANGA Kalinikos 0-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3qszWpKrY

Alborz
04-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Patrik Baum is injured and hasn't come to Tokyo yet. He may come tomorrow but after that will be to late.

Here is an interview about him:

mytischtennis: Mr. Rosskopf, what happens with Baum?

Jorg Rosskopf: "Today I haven't received current information, but Baum will visit his doctor and then they will see, if he can fly today or tomorrow. He is recovering, but the gastroenteritis is hard. He is partially better."

mtt: When would be the last date for Baum to come to Tokyo?

Rosskopf: "Tomorrow morning he should come. After that it would make no sense for him to come due to the time zone. It would be too late."

mtt: How important is Patrick Baum for the team?

Rosskopf: "it's important to count on him as player number 3. Many players are afraid of him or have respect for him. When the number 3 isn't, the team has a weakness. China is the only team which can compensate that."

mmt: Do you have a backup plan or hopes of Baum coming?

Rosskopf: "There is no backup plan, because we haven't nominated anyone else. It's possible to play with four players, but with all of them in good form. I see no problem with that. For Patrick Franziska and Steffen Mengel would be a completely different situation. But they can prepare for it and play completely free, because we don't expect our number 3 to be a hero."

Bensmithbortey
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
I think yes. I wish i had those bats ;)

I got them already ;)

agold
04-28-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't know the format. Does this mean Japan is out?

Steven
04-28-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't know the format. Does this mean Japan is out?

No, the best 3 teams of each group reach the main draw. It just means that when Japan finishes 2nd in their group, they have a bigger chance of facing Germany/China early.

agold
04-28-2014, 07:52 PM
No, the best 3 teams of each group reach the main draw. It just means that when Japan finishes 2nd in their group, they have a bigger chance of facing Germany/China early.

I see. It's a round robin, and the top two advance and then it's elimination, right? Just like the tournaments here in the US. Thanks

Steven
04-28-2014, 07:58 PM
I see. It's a round robin, and the top two advance and then it's elimination, right? Just like the tournaments here in the US. Thanks

Top 3 advance. :) You can read about it here: http://ittf.com/stories/pictures/wc_system_09_12_13.pdf

GiorgosTT
04-28-2014, 08:00 PM
It also means that they (Japan) will have to play an extra match to reach the quarters, as the first team of each group secures a direct spot,
while seconds and thirds will play an extra round.

Still nothing is over concerning the first place in Group C as Japan can beat Portugal and France, one of which could beat Greece making
this group a mess!

TableTennisDaily
04-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Today's matches 29th May 2014: http://www.ittf.com/ittf_team_events_per_competition/ittf_team_matches_per_tables.asp?Tour_Code=2278&date_from=4/29/2014&date_to=4/29/2014

m4ndo
04-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Uuh 9 minutes to go for Portugal vs France on table 1! Thats going to be a good match :)

TableTennisDaily
04-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Now Live: Portugal vs France: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Germany are also currently playing Denmark. Michael Maze is not playing in this match.

MDanielCRO
04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
Come on Croatia!!!

Sali
04-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Again Mattenet starts great and then as usual he goes with many mistakes. It is not Apolonia who wins, but mattenet loses.

MDanielCRO
04-29-2014, 09:35 AM
We could have a sensation here!! Croatia leading 2:1 vs Hong Kong,
Tomislav Kolarek 3:2 Wong Chun Ting
Come on!!

MDanielCRO
04-29-2014, 10:08 AM
BIGGEST UPSET OF THE DAY:
Croatia 3-1 Hong Kong

Yeeeeees

M51
04-29-2014, 10:10 AM
GLORIOUS CROATIA!

Dajte Kinu da se igramoooooo! :D

Sali
04-29-2014, 10:12 AM
greece lost with hungary

MDanielCRO
04-29-2014, 10:14 AM
GLORIOUS CROATIA!

Dajte Kinu da se igramoooooo! :D

HAHAHAH, POLAKOOOOOOOOO, sutra švabe :)

MDanielCRO
04-29-2014, 10:15 AM
greece lost with hungary

How is that possible ?? after yesterday win over Japan, LOOOL

Alborz
04-29-2014, 10:52 AM
China beat Poland as expect 3:0. But there was close match between Fan Zhendong and Daniel Gorak. Fan won 3:2 ( 9:11, 6:11, 11:6, 11:7, 11:6).
Both Zhang Jike and Wang Hao scored 3:0 against their opponents. Go Zhang Jike!

Alborz
04-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Iran had a close battle with Italy. Iran won 3:2 at the end! Go Iran!

pingpingpongpong
04-29-2014, 11:02 AM

Hong Kong came back to win 3-2 after being down 0-2 against Ukraine!

vishaloza
04-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Any idea about India vs Iran game?

Alborz
04-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Any idea about India vs Iran game?
I hope and think Iran is going to win. Go Noshad!

TTHopeful
04-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Maybe some nerves for Fan Zhendong as he just defeats Daniel Gorak in five sets...

m4ndo
04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
It's really good to see the European teams so well prepared! First Greece yesterday, now Croatia today… they really show fighting spirit and play confident :) maybe this is going to be a Europe success tournament (even if China wins but Europe takes second and third place :) )

TableTennisDaily
04-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Men's Championship Division Day 2 Results

Group A

China 3-0 Poland

Fan Zhendong 3-2 Daniel Gorak
Zhang Jike 3-0 Robert Floras
Wang Hao 3-0 Pawel Fertikowski

Austria 3-0 Russia

Robert Gardos 3-0 Karill Skachkov
Stefan Fergerl 3-1 Alexander Shibaev
Chen Weixing 3-0 Grigory Vlasov

Brazil 2-3 Serbia

Cazuo Matsumoto 1-3 Petr Zolt
Gustavo Tsuboi 3-1 Aleksandar Karakasevic
Hugo Calderano 3-1 Marko Jevtovic
Cazuo Matsumoto 0- 3 Aleksandar Karakasevic
Gustavo Tsuboi 0-3 Petr Zolt

Group B

Germany 3-0 Denmark

Dimitrij Ovtcharov 3-1 Jonathon Groth
Timo Boll 3-1 Mikkel Hindersson
Patrick Franziska 3-0 Morten Rasmussen

Hong Kong 1-3 Croatia

Tang Peng 3-0 Tan Raiwu
Tianyi Jiang 1-3 Andrej Gacina
Wong Chun Ting 2-3 Tomislav Kolarek
Tang Peng 0-3 Andrej Gacina

Singapore 3-1 Ukraine

Gao Ning 3-0 Ivan Katkov
Yang Zi 0-3 Kou Lei
Chew Zhe Yu Clarence 3-2 Yevhen Pryshchepa
Gao Ning 3-1 Kou Lei

Group C

Japan 3-0 Romania

Koki Niwa 3-1 Ovidiu Ionescu
Jun Mizutani 3-1 Alexandru Cazacu
Kenta Matsudaira 3-1 Hunor Szocs

Portugal 3-1 France

Marcos Freitas 3-1 Simon Gauzy
Tiago Apolonia 3-2 Adrien Mattenet
Joao Monteiro 1-3 Emmanuel Lebesson
Marcos Freitas 3-0 Adrien Mattenet

Greece 2-3 Hungary

Panagiotis Gionis 3-0 Jakab Janos
Kalinikos Kreanga 3-0 Adam Pattantyus
Konstantinos Lagogiannis 1-3 Daniel Kosiba
Panagiotis Gionis 0-3 Adam Pattantyus
Kalinikos Kreanga 1-3 Jakab Janos

Group D

Korea Republic 3-0 Spain

Joo See Hyuk 3-1 Alvaro Robles
Cho Eonrae 3-0 Marc Duran
Seo Hyundeok 3-0 Carlos Franco

Chinese Taipei 3-1 Sweden

Chuang Chih Yuan 3-1 Par Garell
Chen Chien An 3-2 Kristian Karlsson
Chiang Hung-Chieh 0-3 Jens Lundqvist
Chuang Chih Yuan 3-0 Kristian Karlsson

Belarus 0-3 Korea DPR

Vladimir Samsonov 1-3 Kim Nam Chol
Pavel Platonov 2-3 Kim Hyok Bong
Aliaksandr Khanin 2-3 Choe Il

TableTennisDaily
04-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Some photos from China today provided by the Stiga Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stigatabletennis

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/1966950_650266285043263_5797726184492436876_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10171827_650266161709942_6614244096809230533_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10157257_650266255043266_634123623915590864_n.jpg

Huge crowd!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/10334373_650266178376607_8681321636000826952_n.jpg

The various media teams in Tokyo

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10256544_650172015052690_8808791658292426185_n.jpg

TT4Life
04-29-2014, 05:28 PM
keep it coming please :) video will be awesome lolz

C├ędi99TT
04-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

TTplayer1
04-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Dam I wish all table tennis tournaments had this exceptional coverage!

zjkfanforever
04-30-2014, 05:48 AM
30th Photos (China vs Russia)

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/32/70/Img6547032_n.jpg
http://m2.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/85/71/Img6547185_n.JPG

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/88/71/Img6547188_n.JPG

http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/95/71/Img6547195_n.JPG

http://m2.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/97/71/Img6547197_n.JPG

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/00/72/Img6547200_n.JPG

http://m4.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/03/72/Img6547203_n.JPG

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/10/72/Img6547210_n.JPG

http://m1.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/04/72/Img6547204_n.JPG

http://m3.biz.itc.cn/pic/new/n/06/72/Img6547206_n.JPG

allencorn
04-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Has Kishikawa been benched for Team Japan? He hasn't played the last two team matches.

bricephan
04-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Joo S Hyuk's level is undoubtable.. lot of ppl were actually laughing at him and Korea 'coz he is still in the team, but watch him play right now you will have to say: Chinese super league is not a fool to still let him take part in, Ningbo team is not joker to still employ him upcoming season, and i won't be surprised if he still play CSTTL for several more seasons :)

Sali
04-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Has Kishikawa been benched for Team Japan? He hasn't played the last two team matches.

I hope that. Also I think they should replace Koki with masato Shiono, koki has a weak head.

MDanielCRO
04-30-2014, 08:20 AM
I wonder if anyone has noticed new commentator on ITTV, what do you guys think about Adam? To me he is really okay, he doesn't talk to much, he lets you watch the points and than gives his opinions, not so bad for the first tournament

MDanielCRO
04-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Watching Chuang C.Y. vs Jung Youngsik this really reminds me of women's table tennis

Sali
04-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Joo SaeHyuk is really good this time. His attack is better then last time I saw. he will be very hard to beat even by chinese.

Sali
04-30-2014, 10:33 AM
I really want to see Mizutani vs Freitas. I wish there was on ittv :(

sacofrito
04-30-2014, 11:43 AM
OMG.

Brazil 2x3 again.
Its so close to win but not this [email protected]##

pingpingpongpong
04-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Hong Kong Men's Team has no more chance for the main draw... This is humiliating.....

Meanwhile, Hong Kong Women's Team is undefeated!

TTFrenzy
04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
How is that possible ?? after yesterday win over Japan, LOOOL

I think it was a bad call of the coach along with poor performance from Gionis and Kreanga. The team's 4th player Lagogiannis, is very consistent against defenders so coach Vatsaklis decided to put him in the fight against Pattantyus (Lagogiannis won against him in the past) instead of Papageorgiou. It was a tactical decision but it was wrong in my opinion cause Papageorgiou has a stronger personality than Lagogiannis and he is a fighter. Im not blaiming Lagogiannis, he is a great player but I think it was a tough decision for our coach to select among two almost equal players.

All in all we were winning 2-0 before lagogiannis lost and then gionis and kalin lost also

MDanielCRO
04-30-2014, 01:44 PM
I think it was a bad call of the coach along with poor performance from Gionis and Kreanga. The team's 4th player Lagogiannis, is very consistent against defenders so coach Vatsaklis decided to put him in the fight against Pattantyus (Lagogiannis won against him in the past) instead of Papageorgiou. It was a tactical decision but it was wrong in my opinion cause Papageorgiou has a stronger personality than Lagogiannis and he is a fighter. Im not blaiming Lagogiannis, he is a great player but I think it was a tough decision for our coach to select among two almost equal players.

All in all we were winning 2-0 before lagogiannis lost and then gionis and kalin lost also

As I know, Papageorgiou is also very good against defenders, I was watching him on ETC when he was playing with chtchetinine (https://www.google.hr/search?client=firefox-a&hs=DBr&rls=org.mozilla:hr:official&channel=fflb&q=belarus+table+tennis+chtchetinine&spell=1&sa=X&ei=Gv5gU7GZJZGGyQOwv4HABA&ved=0CCcQvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=649) and he really showed great performanse, he has wonderful ability to put the ball short. I don't why did the coach replace him

pingpingpongpong
04-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Will Shiono ever be used? Or he will be the secret weapon in the 2nd stage? He celebrated his birthday today btw haha

North Korea vs South Korea tomorrow! Joo swears to win, but the North has to win to make their record 3-2! It is going to be very intense imo

allencorn
04-30-2014, 02:30 PM
I hope that. Also I think they should replace Koki with masato Shiono, koki has a weak head.

I suppose it could be purely tactical - do the teams they have played have good experience against choppers?

Alborz
04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
I love to see Zhang Jike playing his best. And he is going it here in 2014 WTTTC!
This is the hardest part of being a Zhang Jike fan: You have to wait so much time to see him playing his best again. In this case i think Ma Long is a more "fan friendly" player because he goes 100% in every match.

Go Zhang Jike!

Alborz
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately Iran lost 3:2 against India but still is ranked #1 in its group with India and one other country. Go Iran!

ping fun
04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Iran doing well indeed ....Alamiyan brothers are doing well ....

agold
04-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Anyone know how the US did? Kanak is gonna be good one day

ZhangJikeTheBest
04-30-2014, 09:17 PM
I love to see Zhang Jike playing his best. And he is going it here in 2014 WTTTC!
This is the hardest part of being a Zhang Jike fan: You have to wait so much time to see him playing his best again. In this case i think Ma Long is a more "fan friendly" player because he goes 100% in every match.

Go Zhang Jike!

Absolutely agree with you on that!!

Zhang Jike <3

MDanielCRO
05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Kishikawa plays again, Kishikawa loses again!! Good job Japanese coach.

TableTennisDaily
05-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Can you watch the video? I can't watch it.

Sorry for the late reply @zjkfanforever Yes I can watch all the videos on the Butterfly website. Which ones can you not watch?

huri
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
is it just me or is Kim Nam Chol a North Korean version of FZD ? :D the style and build is very similiar IMHO

Sali
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I wonder if Kishikawa won at least one matching during these championships. Maybe I could win with Him, hahaha

pingpingpongpong
05-01-2014, 11:45 AM
That Korea vs Korea overall match-up.... Hands down.

SquareBall
05-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Greece won against France 3-1 do we know next Opponent for Greece and when they play?? Thanks

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks to Japan and Korea, I think no one will be winning the Stiga competition lol
But they still made it out as number 1 positions in the group - but not convincing.

Japan in Germany's half of the draw, who will be the finalise?

Rajah*
05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Japan coach is gambling too much on kishikawa.. he has a bad lateral footwork and very heavy on shifting weight.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Japan coach is gambling too much on kishikawa.. he has a bad lateral footwork and very heavy on shifting weight.

I don't think he will play any more
4 lost out of 4.
All considered against "weaker" opponents too

Japan is lucky that Portugal didn't beat Romania (2-3) and Greece didn't beat Hungary (2-3), otherwise Japan will move to 2 or maybe even 3 and face China, Korea or Germany in QF already (depending on draw, all chance to be on Japan's side of draw if lucky)

Rajah*
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I don't think he will play any more
4 lost out of 4.
All considered against "weaker" opponents too

Yes that is very true Tony

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Imagine if Japan ends up 2 or 3 in the group, and faces China (by draw) in QF
Then Korea vs China in SF
Then Germany vs China in final

3 potential final matches on the trot for China
Now that would be fun to watch!!

MDanielCRO
05-01-2014, 01:45 PM
There is already made main draw

pingpingpongpong
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM
There may be 4 rematches in the QF for the Women's Team... What kind of draw is this... but anyway.

Same SF matches probably again... But the stories will be very different this time.. Hope they use Shiono and Jun against Germany. Ovtcharov will not be happy hahaha then Koki for the third match (Mengel or Franziska won't be very hard for Koki imo). Then it may be Japan vs China in the final!

pingpingpongpong
05-01-2014, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/user/tabletennis

The table 3 matches featuring Japan vs their opponents. It is all here!

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 02:19 PM
There is already made main draw

Yeah, I know, see my post 1 hour ago.
I was just saying if any of the 2nd and 3rd end up higher than Japan. it would be might better for audience

MDanielCRO
05-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I wonder how is this possible, in QF we can see all the same matches from groups? What a logic?

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 02:39 PM
:(
Mens is on track....

Men's Event:
Gold: China
Silver: Germany
Bronze: Japan
Bronze: Korea Republic

Women's Event
Gold: China
Silver: Korea Republic
Bronze: Japan
Bronze: Singapore

Due to womens draw, I was hoping Korea will be on the other side, and they will beat Japan and go into Finals to meet China
I guess that Singapore will face China in SF, so China 1, and Singapore 3 was easy.
But Silver was always tough, and I don't think Japan is strong enough with they number 1 player out.

So closed to getting this right :(

So now it seems China 1, Singapore 3, and 2nd place will be Japan/HK
Japan womens must be the luckiest from all countries with the draw, by not having Korea and Singapore on their half

Alborz
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Germany vs Japan in semi-final probably and Germany will be the winner there unless Japan players plays godly. Also Greece is so unlucky by faceing China in their second match!

Tony's Table Tennis
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Germany vs Japan in semi-final probably and Germany will be the winner there unless Japan players plays godly. Also Greece is so unlucky by faceing China in their second match!

Greece just couldn't finish it off and take number 1 position (or number 2)

sunny
05-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Those starved of news from #ttokyo2014 might try looking at chinese news site http://sports.sohu.com/s2014/2014wttc/ for their reporting of the world team championships. By using google chrome, you can set it to translate from chinese to english which is convenient. It's not perfect but better than nothing.
For what is considered a major event in one of THE biggest sports in the world, I feel the ITTF have been poor with updates and news for fans of every country. The occasional photo doesn't quite cut it.
Lots of good pics and for the Liu Shiwen fans http://pic.sports.sohu.com/group-554946.shtml#1

tan.theveteran
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Those starved of news from #ttokyo2014 might try looking at chinese news site http://sports.sohu.com/s2014/2014wttc/ for their reporting of the world team championships. By using google chrome, you can set it to translate from chinese to english which is convenient. It's not perfect but better than nothing.
For what is considered a major event in one of THE biggest sports in the world, I feel the ITTF have been poor with updates and news for fans of every country. The occasional photo doesn't quite cut it.
Lots of good pics and for the Liu Shiwen fans http://pic.sports.sohu.com/group-554946.shtml#1

thanks for sharing...

TTHopeful
05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Gionis was so cool when he played Mattenet today! No pressure got to him.

TableTennisDaily
05-01-2014, 05:29 PM
The groups have now finished. Here is the draw for positions 1-12: http://ittf.com/ittf_team_events_per_competition/2ndstage/teams_2nd_stage_16_positions_wttc_print_2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&Event_Type=mstm2&team_stage=112

agold
05-02-2014, 12:42 AM
The groups have now finished. Here is the draw for positions 1-12: http://ittf.com/ittf_team_events_per_competition/2ndstage/teams_2nd_stage_16_positions_wttc_print_2.asp?Tour_Code=2278&Event_Type=mstm2&team_stage=112

Maybe, just maybe, Singapore can beat Germany. Germany is very strong this year, though. It's probably up to japan to beat Germany to get to the finals

GiorgosTT
05-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Gionis was so cool when he played Mattenet today! No pressure got to him.

Yeah, he was injured but he used that to his advantage. He used his brain more, and threw Mattenet off his game with steady backhand chops and forehand returns, with a great variety of spin.

Mattenet had obvious problem reading the spin, combined with his poor mentality under pressure, Gionis just kept a cool head and secured the win for Greece.
Which was fortunate because Kreanga was also experiencing pain in his shoulder, and he wouldn't be able to play 100%, had there been a deciding fifth match.

TTFrenzy
05-02-2014, 02:54 AM
As I know, Papageorgiou is also very good against defenders, I was watching him on ETC when he was playing with chtchetinine (https://www.google.hr/search?client=firefox-a&hs=DBr&rls=org.mozilla:hr:official&channel=fflb&q=belarus+table+tennis+chtchetinine&spell=1&sa=X&ei=Gv5gU7GZJZGGyQOwv4HABA&ved=0CCcQvwUoAA&biw=1280&bih=649) and he really showed great performanse, he has wonderful ability to put the ball short. I don't why did the coach replace him

Lagogiannis is better technically than papageorgiou against defenders and has a better record against them. Papageorgiou on the other hand is 6 times greek national champion in the past years and has achieved better wins in euro/world tours than Lagogiannis. The decision was tough cause Lagogiannis although is worse than papageorgiou in general, he is master against defenders but he doesnt have the courage of papageorgiou. All in all it is tough to say who is gonna play and who doesnt when they are almost equal against defenders

Alborz
05-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Austria, Chinese Taipei and Portugal reached the quarter-final. Singapore vs Sweden hasn't been played yet. I think Sweden will be the winner of that match.

Quarter-Final matches:

China vs Austria
Chinese Taipei vs Korea
Japan vs Portugal
Winner between Sweden and Singapore vs Germany

TableTennisDaily
05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
LIVE STREAM TODAY 2nd May 2014:

Men's Quarter Finals (11.30am GMT)

Table 1: China vs Austria
Table 2: Japan vs Portugal

The matches will be live here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/ittfstream.php?do=ittf

Tony's Table Tennis
05-02-2014, 08:41 AM
USA womens almost beat Serbia 3-2, great effort from this young team, having promoted to Championship Div this year.
Romania womens beat Korea 3-2, now can the Romanians take out Singapore too?
Netherlands womens also beaten Chinese Taipei 3-0

Now we need to see if the Japanese mens can hold off Portugal
China should have no problems with Austria

bzing
05-02-2014, 11:36 AM
I just couldn't believe Kristian Karlsson lost the match. There's a video on youtube. I've never seen this guy and I'm already liking his playstyle, he plays forehand and backhand so well. But look in the 4th game where he was about to win, being 2 points ahead in a match point and Gao Ning touched the edge of the table. What a luck from Gao Ning.. Kristian Karlsson deserved to win this.

Alborz
05-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Zhang Jike and Robert Gardos are now in 5th set!

Tony's Table Tennis
05-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Lily Zhang's win:

Hungary
Szandra Pergel WR90
Georgina Pota WR35

Australia
Miao Miao WR154

Belarus
Alexandra Privalova WR102
Viktoria Pavlovich WR11

Serbia
Andrea Todorovic WR157
Ana-Maria Erdelji WR101

Alborz
05-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Zhang Jike just beat Robert Gardos 3:2 (11:5, 10:12, 8:10, 14:12, 11:5) from being down 1:2!

MDanielCRO
05-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Zhang Jike just beat Robert Gardos 3:2 (11:5, 10:12, 8:10, 14:12, 11:5(?)) from being down 1:2!

Gardos had an match ball, but he was not enough prepared to finish this game :(

ping fun
05-02-2014, 12:36 PM
oh what a game china. had .. great .. and zhang jike came back to game quickly... china won the game ...

Sali
05-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Nice performance by japanese players. They beat Portugal 3:0. Although I think if they do not replace Kenta with Masato, they will have no chance with Germany.

Alborz
05-02-2014, 01:27 PM
China vs Austria 3:0

Ma Long vs Daniel Habesohn 3:0 (11:9, 11:9, 12:10)
Zhang Jike vs Robert Gardos 3:2 (11:5, 10:12, 8:11, 14:12, 11:5)
Xu Xin vs Stefan Fergel 3:0 (11:4, 11:4, 11:4)

Japan vs Portugal
Koki Niwa vs Marcos Freitas 3:0 (11:7, 11:5, 16:14)
Jun Mizutani vs Tiago Apolonia 3:0 (11:4, 11:6, 11:9)
Kenta Matsudaira vs Joao Monterio 3:1 (11:7, 9:11, 12:10, 11:7)

China and Japan reached the semi-finals.

Alborz
05-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Singapore defeated Sweden 3:1 and will play against Germany tomorrow in quarter-final.

sacofrito
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Go Brazil !!
Lets fight

JustAlt
05-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Just watched the match of Ma Long vs Daniel Habesohn since I just missed it live. Ma was really struggling with his serve return and it seemed that Habesohn was removing his free hand out the the way really late if at all. I have never seen Ma Long chopping no-spin/sidetopspin serves like that was the only return of serve he knew.

TTHopeful
05-02-2014, 08:42 PM
The Zhang Jike - Gardos match was a great game today!

mahomedy13
05-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Zhang Jikes backhand compared to Ma Long-unbelievable

Ma long's backhand is really weak compared to Zhang Jikes!

MDanielCRO
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Yes because ZJK is backhand oriented player and he is always holding the backhand grip which allows him to use more wrist and feel more confidence with his backhand. But that's why his forehand has a bit more sidespin on it and is not as advantageous as Ma Long's.
Ma Long is forehand oriented player with solid but not the best backhand. And he is changing the grip all the time which can sometimes catch him in bad position for playing full backhand stroke.

mistreaver
05-02-2014, 10:28 PM

That's just rubbish. There are numerous instances where Ma Long beats both Zhang Jike and Wang Hao in backhand to backhand situations, his problem is his confidence and nerves, and that manifests mainly in belief in his backhand; therefore he often steps around and that is kinda predictable.
And you can tell that he is nervous by seeing how he received those serves today, although i wonder why didn't empire warn Habesohn because he was cleary serving irregularly.

MDanielCRO
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
That's just rubbish. There are numerous instances where Ma Long beats both Zhang Jike and Wang Hao in backhand to backhand situations, his problem is his confidence and nerves, and that manifests mainly in belief in his backhand; therefore he often steps around and that is kinda predictable.
And you can tell that he is nervous by seeing how he received those serves today, although i wonder why didn't empire warn Habesohn because he was cleary serving irregularly.

Interesting first post Mistreaver, wellcome to the forum by the way, we want to see more of you soon

mahomedy13
05-02-2014, 10:39 PM

How can it be rubbish if he becomes nervous?doesnt that make him vulnerable and weak in that aspect?

Beating a player in a few times with backhand doesnt make him better.

Ive never seen Ma Long smash with his backhand,but ive seen Zhang Jike do it.Ma long only topspins,blocks or chops with bh.

You cant compare them to Wang Hao,cos he holds his bat completely different.

MDanielCRO
05-02-2014, 10:44 PM
How can it be rubbish if he becomes nervous?doesnt that make him vulnerable and weak in that aspect?

Ive never seen Ma Long smash with his backhand,but ive seen Zhang Jike do it.Ma long only topspins,blocks or chops with bh.

Ma Long's backhand chop-block FTW !!!!! He has the best backhand, yeaaaah. . . I would say ZJK's backhand over the table and kick near the table are the best in the world currently, but Ma Long can make stronger topspins from far from the table. But overall we all know who is the backhand master so we don't have to complain anymore.

mahomedy13
05-02-2014, 10:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWdGmbMML7s

Watch 0:16-19
Ive never seen Ma Long do that.

pingpingpongpong
05-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Do you guys find it weird that Yoo Nam Kyu is not sending Kim Minseok to play? It is the QFs against Chinese Taipei and Kim is not being fielded in

Dan
05-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Do you guys find it weird that Yoo Nam Kyu is not sending Kim Minseok to play? It is the QFs against Chinese Taipei and Kim is not being fielded in

Kim is on the bench as 4th player? Perhaps he is injured I would definately have him in my team!

jeycop
05-03-2014, 06:08 AM

I think it's because he lost to world no. 133 Jon Persson in the group stage

MDanielCRO
05-03-2014, 07:46 AM

Why would he do that? There is no need for that, he has enough time to turn around and win a point anyway he want. ZJK is a bit lazy

matzreenzi
05-03-2014, 09:03 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJMgVtMr2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlBd0LWP6lM

Why would he do it if he can do it with something else?

pingpingpongpong
05-03-2014, 09:11 AM
I think it's because he lost to world no. 133 Jon Persson in the group stage

Well, all of players against TPE Joo, Cho, and Jung lost to North Koreans, which was more upsetting.

Sali
05-03-2014, 09:51 AM
In my opinion quaterfinal match between Joo SaeHyuk and Chuang Chih-Yuan was the most spectacular during these championships so far. Really enjoy it.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Kim is on the bench as 4th player? Perhaps he is injured I would definately have him in my team!

I couldn't find any information about injury
The highest rank Korean is not playing.....even though all 4 of them are like a few points apart from each other

Must be the most disappointing world championships ever for the Koreans (mens and womens)

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 12:34 PM
what an amazing match between the two defenders!
both played really well
Congratulations to Yuka Ishigaki

mistreaver
05-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Well you can't say that his backhand is nothing compared to ZJK's because technically it isn't.
When he is confident and plays his best he is on par with anyone in the world.
When he isn't he receives serves badly and steps around too much (see his match agains Wang Hao in Paris 2013 at WTTC).
You can't generalize that his backhand is bad as well as you can't generalize who is better player, him or ZJK. You can only say who has had more success.
P.S. Why on earth is it important to smash the ball with he backhand? It is played practically once in a tournament, and if you have time to smash with the backhand, than there is certainly enough time for Ma Long to step around and finish the point with the forehand.

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Well you can't say that his backhand is nothing compared to ZJK's because technically it isn't.
When he is confident and plays his best he is on par with anyone in the world.
When he isn't he receives serves badly and steps around too much (see his match agains Wang Hao in Paris 2013 at WTTC).
You can't generalize that his backhand is bad as well as you can't generalize who is better player, him or ZJK. You can only say who has had more success.
P.S. Why on earth is it important to smash the ball with he backhand? It is played practically once in a tournament, and if you have time to smash with the backhand, than there is certainly enough time for Ma Long to step around and finish the point with the forehand.

Valid points on either side of the argument.
Let their backhands be their backhands.
I wasnt intending for an argument to start.
I was just expressing my view.

my apologies .

mistreaver
05-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Valid points on either side of the argument.
Let their backhands be their backhands.
I wasnt intending for an argument to start.
I was just expressing my view.

my apologies .
Yeah, sorry, i didn't mean to start an argument as well. I was also expressing my thoughts, probably in a somewhat overagressive way.
But i agree with you, there is no point in analyzing one stroke when the game is much more then that.
Let's just enjoy the play of these two great players, and everyone else in this wonderful tournament.

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah, sorry, i didn't mean to start an argument as well. I was also expressing my thoughts, probably in a somewhat overagressive way.
But i agree with you, there is no point in analyzing one stroke when the game is much more then that.
Let's just enjoy the play of these two great players, and everyone else in this wonderful tournament.

dont blame yourself for being overaggressive.Defending someone you like is always something that people do.

Lets continue from here,and enjoy the rest of the games:)

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 02:02 PM
is the Netherlands gonna cause another upset?

the match against Japan is intense!!

Dan
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Did anyone hear the mention of TableTennisDaily in the live streaming? Apparently the commentators mentioned it ive been told :)

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Did anyone hear the mention of TableTennisDaily in the live streaming? Apparently the commentators mentioned it ive been told :)

They really praised TTD

said its 1 of the best table tennis sites:)

perniciousnc
05-03-2014, 02:14 PM
great games by netherland and japan.

really love table tennis. both player played so well, I really admire both of them. real emotional seeing ishikawa's cry, she is carrying lots of expectations.

it was a pity of the mistakes Eerland had in the end. it was the things that people use experience to buy. but it is really good. I hope both countries' TT development will increase after this!

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 02:17 PM
great games by netherland and japan.

really love table tennis. both player played so well, I really admire both of them. real emotional seeing ishikawa's cry, she is carrying lots of expectations.

it was a pity of the mistakes Eerland had in the end. it was the things that people use experience to buy. but it is really good. I hope both countries' TT development will increase after this!

it was absolutely fantastic.real moment of emotion for both sides,especially netherlands.

Steven
05-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Wow what a match between Japan and the Netherlands! Totally didn't expect that. I hope the Dutch news will get onto this tonight.

Alborz
05-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Men's semi-final matches:

China vs Chinese Taipei ---- 10:10 4/5
Japan vs Germany --------- 16:30 4/5

Note: All times are in local time (+9 GMT)

I think China and Germany will reach the final. Japan may win the 3rd match but i don't expect them to beat Germany.
Zhang Jike lost against Chen Chien-An at 2013 WTC but i'm sure he will destroy he if he faces him.

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Men's semi-final matches:

China vs Chinese Taipei ---- 10:10 4/5
Japan vs Germany --------- 16:30 4/5

Note: All times are in local time (+9 GMT)

I think China and Germany will reach the final. Japan may win the 3rd match but i don't expect them to beat Germany.
Zhang Jike lost against Chen Chien-An at 2013 WTC but i'm sure he will destroy he if he faces him.

Japan is playing quite well.Dont underestimate them.

ping fun
05-03-2014, 03:11 PM
i think japan gonna beat germany and will face china in final ... japan is the host team and they have a chance to be in final . also germany is doing well but dima has lost one match . but really predicting the finalist is hard indeed ;) hope to see china play their best in semi final

mahomedy13
05-03-2014, 03:17 PM
i think japan gonna beat germany and will face china in final ... japan is the host team and they have a chance to be in final . also germany is doing well but dima has lost one match . but really predicting the finalist is hard indeed ;) hope to see china play their best in semi final

I dont think we have to worry about China cos they are too strong.Chinese Teipai is a bit shaky,cos they nearly lose to Korea.

So Final will be :China vs Either germany or japan,and I think most probably Japan

mistreaver
05-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I dont think we have to worry about China cos they are too strong.Chinese Teipai is a bit shaky,cos they nearly lose to Korea.

So Final will be :China vs Either germany or japan,and I think most probably Japan
I agree, i don't remember when was the last time that Chuang Chih-Yuan beat someone from the chinese national team?

ping fun
05-03-2014, 05:50 PM
yes you're right guys but i wish zjk recover soon and play as he plays..

Lan
05-03-2014, 08:46 PM
i think it's gonna be 3:2 to Germany. Does anybody know why Lee Sang Su wasn't selected to represent Korea? In my opinion, he's more promising and imposing in terms of mental toghness and technical skills compared to other Korean youngster?

SpinQuark
05-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Congratulations England!
Winners of Men's Division 2!

dici
05-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Japan vs Germany is very tense... although i had to go out get dinner now

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Sali
05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I do not know is it only me who thinks that japanese coach is blind or stupid? How is it possible that he do not take Masato Shiono against unexperienced Franziska. That should be easy victory for him. Especially when Kent is not perfroming well in all these matches.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 10:39 AM
I do not know is it only me who thinks that japanese coach is blind or stupid? How is it possible that he do not take Masato Shiono against unexperienced Franziska. That should be easy victory for him. Especially when Kent is not perfroming well in all these matches.

So disappointing ending.

Kenta should of taken match 3 to give Japan some chance

Alborz
05-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone noticed Ma Long hasn't lost a single set until now?!
Anyway the final will be between China and Germany at 16:30 local time (+9 GMT) tomorrow.
I hope to see good battles there.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Anyone noticed Ma Long hasn't lost a single set until now?!
Anyway the final will be between China and Germany at 16:30 local time (+9 GMT) tomorrow.
I hope to see good battles there.

I think LGL has a headache
ZJK isn't playing very well.

Best form at the moment is XX, even Ma Long's wins isn't very convincing during the last few matches.

TB and Dima will be more difficult than the other players, I have a feeling ZJK will play 3 again

NDY
05-04-2014, 12:00 PM

I agree with you.Did Shiono play any matches at all in this WTC?

Sali
05-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Only one against hungary with easy victory 3:0. Also kenta Lost mor then won and his winings were not that convincing.

mahomedy13
05-04-2014, 12:29 PM
i feel so sad for Japan.

they tried hard,but unfortunately,Germany proved too strong

Alborz
05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I think LGL has a headacheZJK isn't playing very well.Best form at the moment is XX, even Ma Long's wins isn't very convincing during the last few matches.TB and Dima will be more difficult than the other players, I have a feeling ZJK will play 3 againI hope Zhang Jike to play as number 1 or 2. No one wants to see him playing against Franziska at the final of WTTTC.

MDanielCRO
05-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I hope Zhang Jike to play as number 1 or 2. No one wants to see him playing against Franziska at the final of WTTTC.

You always think only about who wants to see ZJK. There are also XX fans here, and ML fans who doesn't want to see them playing Franziska in finals also.
I want to see anyone playing against Franziska because I want to see what he can do, till now he has helped Germany a lot.

dici
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM

It just basically Japan culture. In term of team seniority, Shiono probably is the youngest (although his age might be oldest). Usually they would rather send the team player is senior enough instead of giving a shot.

Alborz
05-04-2014, 12:50 PM
You always think only about who wants to see ZJK. There are also XX fans here, and ML fans who doesn't want to see them playing Franziska in finals also.
I want to see anyone playing against Franziska because I want to see what he can do, till now he has helped Germany a lot.
You are right but i think you are agree with me that Zhang Jike has more fans than Xu Xin. So more people hopes to see him playing against Boll or Dima.
But i think LGL will not let him play against Boll since he lost to him in 2012 OG.

Also there is a possibility that FZD plays there.

We will soon find out.

MDanielCRO
05-04-2014, 01:02 PM
You are right but i think you are agree with me that Zhang Jike has more fans than Xu Xin. So more people hopes to see him playing against Boll or Dima.
But i think LGL will not let him play against Boll since he lost to him in 2012 OG.

Also there is a possibility that FZD plays there.

We will soon find out.

Yes I agree, Ma Long is the first by number of fans and ZJK is just behind him..
It's true that more people wants to see him, most people would like to see Xu Xin playing the third match.

If he puts FZD to play, that would be awesome. Giving a chance to 17 years old to play in the finals of WTTTC, it's a bit risky for China, but also it would be great experience for the youngest player in the team.

Let's see what LGL will prepare for us.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 01:24 PM
The fact is ZJK is in horrible form.
He is the weakest link at the moment and the highest risk for LGL
But then again, ZJK's lows and highs is common, not the first time. Maybe one sleep and he is back on the highest point - that is his problem.

Say ZJK plays 1 or 2, chance of China winning 3-2 is there, but Ma Long hasn't been convincing too.
So that is why I won't be suprised if ZJK takes 3 and take 1 point
Xu Xin take 1 point and giving MA Long 1 point as well.

And this got nothing to do what which players fans want to see, this is for the best interest of the team winning.
I'm sure ZJK's fan doesn't want China to loose.

mistreaver
05-04-2014, 01:31 PM
I agree, i think that match was crucial for the outcome, since after Franziska s victory it was psyhcologicaly much easier for Boll to play, and most probably with 1:2 result instead of 2:1, it would have turned out to be much different.
I am very sad that Kenta is losing his form since he is one of my favourite players, but this is not the same Kenta from the WTTC in Paris.
And i agree that Shiono would be much more difficult opponent for Franziska to face.

mistreaver
05-04-2014, 01:32 PM
But then again, ZJK's lows and highs is common, not the first time. Maybe one sleep and he is back on the highest point - that is his problem.

Say ZJK plays 1 or 2, chance of China winning 3-2 is there, but Ma Long hasn't been convincing too.

And this got nothing to do what which players fans want to see, this is for the best interest of the team winning.
I am big fan of Ma Long but i still wan't Germany to win...

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
I am big fan of Ma Long but i still wan't Germany to win...

Yep, i'm also hoping for Germany to win.
Last chance for Boll, and a very improved Dima
They both need to take 1 point min for any chance of a decider!

Alborz
05-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Zhang Jike played great in team stage but he was almost losing to Gardos in main draw.

But he played good in the semi-final. Not great, just better than quarter-final against Gardos. And it's noting to do with his motivation. He is trying his best but i feel he is a little nervous.
In an interview after his match against Gardos he said that the main reason of his bad performance was because he playing conservative and he was under pressure.

Also in an interview after the semi-final LGL said about him: "Zhang Jike was a lot better than yesterday. It was truly reflected in the quality of his shots."

Also he said: "Now, anyone who will play against him all have the kind of disposition to fight. Therefore, they often play ferociously. Zhang Jike can not have an unbalanced state. He should get used to opponents battling him."

So i think Zhang Jike problem is that he is not stable enough.

Also Ma Long isn't at his best either. The most stable now is Xu Xin.

Anyway we will not found out what will happen by discussing here. We just have to wait and see.

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Zhang Jike played great in team stage but he was almost losing to Gardos in main draw.

But he played good in the semi-final. Not great, just better than quarter-final against Gardos. And it's noting to do with his motivation. He is trying his best but i feel he is a little nervous.
In an interview after his match against Gardos he said that the main reason of his bad performance was because he playing conservative and he was under pressure.

Also in an interview after the semi-final LGL said about him: "Zhang Jike was a lot better than yesterday. It was truly reflected in the quality of his shots."

Also he said: "Now, anyone who will play against him all have the kind of disposition to fight. Therefore, they often play ferociously. Zhang Jike can not have an unbalanced state. He should get used to opponents battling him."

So i think Zhang Jike problem is that he is not stable enough.

Also Ma Long isn't at his best either. The most stable now is Xu Xin.

Anyway we will not found out what will happen by discussing here. We just have to wait and see.

Remember, ZJK played against HSS, who is 124 in the world.
HSS is a level or two below CCA and CCY

There was moments where the bench would stand up and cheer, but LGL still sat in his cheer.
I saw those incidents a few times. LGL clearly wasn't happy with ZJK's performance

ZJK vs HSS should be a walk over

ping fun
05-04-2014, 02:35 PM
But the pressure on zhang jike is too high ... and now every player will give their best to beat zjk because he was'nt the zjk that every one knows .. then it will bring more tension ... but i wish zjk play as the 2nd player .. the 1st one should be ma long

mahomedy13
05-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Xu Xin is the best at the moment.He is not leaving room for errors.He is really showing his world rank status

Alborz
05-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Remember, ZJK played against HSS, who is 124 in the world.
HSS is a level or two below CCA and CCY

There was moments where the bench would stand up and cheer, but LGL still sat in his cheer.
I saw those incidents a few times. LGL clearly wasn't happy with ZJK's performance

ZJK vs HSS should be a walk over
I think you are wrong.

That match was a walk over. HSS was playing very good in second set. And other sets were total distractions.
Zhang Jike plays much better than quarter-final.

Rajah*
05-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Verywell said!

Rajah*
05-04-2014, 03:36 PM
zjk play as the 2nd player .. the 1st one should be ma long

You saying that LgL should put XuXin(stable and most consistent) at no3?

ping fun
05-04-2014, 03:46 PM
well we dont know who will be the 3rd player maybe FZD will come

Der_Echte
05-04-2014, 04:02 PM
China is so good, it doesn't matter the order coach puts his players, the end result will be the same.

Alborz
05-04-2014, 04:10 PM
You saying that LgL should put XuXin(stable and most consistent) at no3?

Stable and consistent don't mean the best. Zhang Jike and Ma Long are better than him when they are playing their average level.

Rajah*
05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Stable and consistent don't mean the best. Zhang Jike and Ma Long are better than him when they are playing their average level.

Here you go again....Who said im talking about the BEST? at this point of the game playing stable and consistent really matters in the eye of the coaches, seriously. Thats one basis of how they shuffle players to their respective slot, and in my opinion playing on the championship game it is very impt to take game 1 and 2

Tony's Table Tennis
05-04-2014, 04:25 PM

Its about form...which can mean best, stable, consistent etc
ZJK is in really bad form these 2 days - when last did you see he play like this??

Its not about the "best" player but rather which 3 players have the best form to handle Boll, Dima etc.
They need 3 points - not keeping ZJK's fans happy

Rajah*
05-04-2014, 04:29 PM
ZJK is in really bad form these 2 days - when last did you see he play like this??

Its not about the "best" player but rather which 3 players have the best form to handle Boll, Dima etc.

That is what i mean... "from the coaches eye"

MegaZZ
05-04-2014, 04:35 PM

I support this idea, from LGL perspective he is thinking of the most difficult line up for Germany. It's clear that all the chinese players are outstanding, I think the chinese order will be Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike. There is a definite chance in my mind that Germany will win one of the first three, and I think Xu Xin is actually the most awkward player for the Europeans (playing in positions 2 and 4). I also think despite the outstanding abilities of Fan Zhendong he won't be brought out for the final after missing the semi-final, that really would be high risk