Your equipment set up for new ball

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Will any of you change your equipment for the new ball?

The new ball is likely to be slower, less spin, slightly heavier and bigger. What rubbers do you think will suit this?

I really have to try the new ball first, but if it's not the same as the old one, and requires a spinnier rubber, then I'd might have to change.. But I ain't worried, since Andro has come up with a new rubber called Rasant Powergrip, and I think it's meant for the new ball. But for now, I don't think much about what I play with, I'm good with my current set up, so why change? At least until I have to.. :p

This user has no status.
Well, you really have to try the new ball first to say it sure. There could be less spin on the ball so I definitely stay with my H3 on my fh, maybe upgrade to spinnier bh rubber and blade. A little bit softer blade than my Rosewood XO and on the backhand i could play a Xiom Omega Europe instead of my Vega Pro. But you really cant say for sure! If the ball is going to be slower too, so slower and less spin, I think really spinny medium-hard rubbers with soft 7ply wood blades could be a really smart upgrade because of more catapult and more spin but well see. Right now Im not a big fan of 7ply woods because they are toooo fast for my tuned H3 and Vega Pro but youll see.

I think im going to check some chinese players first and I will kinda just copy the equipment, they now whats best! But if the people are staying with Tenergys I can stay with Xiom for example too. And I dont think all the players are going to go away of Tenergys, I just cant imagine… but maybe its the end of Tenergys this would be awesome xD

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Well, you really have to try the new ball first to say it sure. There could be less spin on the ball so I definitely stay with my H3 on my fh, maybe upgrade to spinnier bh rubber and blade. A little bit softer blade than my Rosewood XO and on the backhand i could play a Xiom Omega Europe instead of my Vega Pro. But you really cant say for sure! If the ball is going to be slower too, so slower and less spin, I think really spinny medium-hard rubbers with soft 7ply wood blades could be a really smart upgrade because of more catapult and more spin but well see. Right now Im not a big fan of 7ply woods because they are toooo fast for my tuned H3 and Vega Pro but youll see.

I think im going to check some chinese players first and I will kinda just copy the equipment, they now whats best! But if the people are staying with Tenergys I can stay with Xiom for example too. And I dont think all the players are going to go away of Tenergys, I just cant imagine… but maybe its the end of Tenergys this would be awesome xD

A new era without Tenergy.. Haha, that would be awesome :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
there will be lots of improvement, new equipment to match the new ball...i say try the new ball first...stick to what i have until its worn out...

like sir der_echte and sir alborz, i'm still gonna use the cheap stuff that i have, practically speaking...who knows, we can have positive adjustments with our current set up to match the new ball?:):):)
"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I played with the new ball about 1 year ago already.
Using my current equipment or simliar.

I would say, besides equipment change, it will also be technical change + strategy change.

I always have a backup in terms of short pimple, but I still prefer that with 38mm ball than opponse to 40mm, and now 40+........

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was told by people who tested the new ball that it was really not that different. I am sure the manufacturing companies will start figuring out what topsheets will spin the ball best. I am not 100% sure what will work best but I have heard that the plastic ball does not work as well with tacky Chinese rubbers as it does with Euro/Japanese mechanical spin rubbers. Not sure if that is still true because I think they have done something to make the texture of the plastic ball a little rougher since I was told that. We will see what works best when the new ball is a reality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Agree with the top message, Andro Rasant PowerGrip does sound like it has been tailored for the new ball, any rubber which has a high spin and speed ratio essentially to try and negate the effect of the balls slower and spin reduced form. Maybe the Donic Waldner Black Devil will finally find it's niche, that blade is so light and fast it might just combine to combat the new ball effect.