DHS Rubbers for Backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hey guys

I recently picked up table tennis again after not playing for over 7 years. I've played on a regional level before and I'm currently looking for a new setup since I was playing with a cheap bat to learn the techniques again.

From what I've read most "pro's" use DHS Hurricane 3 on the forehand and Butterfly Tenergys on the backhand but I couldn't find an alternative especially for the backhand from DHS since I always liked the tacky chinese rubbers esp. during the speed glue era.

Do you guys have a suggestion on which rubber I could try for the backhand esp. from DHS since I dont have to spend 50€ on a Tenergy just for practicing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Thanks for the suggestion. Well i just checked and here in Germany the price for Tenergy 05 is 55€ and for M2 46€ so I could also go with the Tenergy.

But actually my main concern is that the new rubbers are too fast to practice the strokes and get the technique right again. Since if remember correctly the chinese rubbers I used back in the days were quite slow when not speedglued.

Another guy suggested the andro rasant series to me via pm but they are also quite expensive maybe someone can give some input on that ones?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
You could get something from the TinArc series DHS made, they're not tacky(or not as much) and only medium hard.

You might as well go for the Hurricane 3-50 on the FH, they're starting to be available around the world.

Going for Tenergy or any ESN rubber from the last generation or two(Andro Rasant, Bluefire etc.) after taking a break for 7 years will not only be a waste of money, but probably way too fast for you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You could get something from the TinArc series DHS made, they're not tacky(or not as much) and only medium hard.

You might as well go for the Hurricane 3-50 on the FH, they're starting to be available around the world.

Going for Tenergy or any ESN rubber from the last generation or two(Andro Rasant, Bluefire etc.) after taking a break for 7 years will not only be a waste of money, but probably way too fast for you.

I agree on the waste of money + too fast.

There are quite a few low cost rubbers like Dawei 2000XP or 729 Focus III Snipe that can fit your needs just fine - and you can upgrade in a few months or a years time when you are back to your best levels.
You can even consider the Yinhe Moon range of rubbers - they come in different sponge hardness too.
All of these are not tacky.

If you want a full DHS setup - note it might be a bit on the heavy side.
You can go with Hurricane on FH and Tin Arc on BH (Tin Arc is not cheap).

Players like Wang Liqin and Wang Nan used to play with Hurricane on both sides and I know many people that prefer hard tacky rubbers on the BH - so it is not imposible or wrong by any ways.

New rubbers out is H3-50 and TA5, that you can consider.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Thanks for the suggestions the Yinhe Moon range and the 729 III Snipe are pretty good ones. Altough I discovered that a local dealer has the Yasaka Mark V on sale which should be a good rubber aswell to practice?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I can vouch for Bluefire M2, I use it on my backhand. I got it for ~$30, half the price of Tenergy. It's a nice rubber, good spin and speed, but not too much catapult, it does precisely what you want it to. It's also not too fast, so intermediate players can definitely enjoy this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Read 4 reviews
Im using DHS Skyline 3 NEO ,these chinese rubers are not good.Its like hell.When I play spin to spin game the ball goes down.

I recommend you Stga Calibra LT :)
//
Sean_Paul

Thats because skyline have low throw angle,and if you played with tenergyes before, you need to open your bat a lot more ;)
Thats why i use skyline only on bh,and on fh chinese rubber with higher throw angle,in this moment Super 999T :D

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Try Andro rasanat Grrip for Bh (30 Euro).. it is something like tenergy 80 ... I have it with Dhs Neo H3 and it is great rubber ... on some cases to distract opponent i just switching this two rubbers (different loops and spin).

says Aging is a killer
I don't know how long since you've played, but if you used the 38mm ball then the new plastic balls will be quite a shock.
Since you can get MarkV locally at a good price, use it for both sides of your blade. Mark V is still the standard used to compare and judge other rubbers, simply because most players have used it at some time or other.

This user has no status.
Rubbers and blades.. Im starting to feel it is sort of like stings and basses. Each combination needs to be evaluated personaly...
Reading loads of info online, databases of stats and thaughts.. I got a new TG2 neo and a Stiga Boost XT thinking the boost xt would be a great BH-rubber to complement the TG2 neo that I was used to. Turns out the boost xt is super as a FH-rubber and the TG2 neo works really well as a BH-rubber for me. I play the TG2 neo unboosted. It offers good control once you learn how it woks with your blade.
I used the H3 neo earlier and that did nothing for me on my Stiga Hybrid wood blade. So, I glued it on my Stiga classic WRB and it does really well. :)

A dhs neo TG3 or TG2 or H3 ain't expencive.. try one on... hope you find what works for you! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Rubbers and blades.. Im starting to feel it is sort of like stings and basses. Each combination needs to be evaluated personaly...
Reading loads of info online, databases of stats and thaughts.. I got a new TG2 neo and a Stiga Boost XT thinking the boost xt would be a great BH-rubber to complement the TG2 neo that I was used to. Turns out the boost xt is super as a FH-rubber and the TG2 neo works really well as a BH-rubber for me. I play the TG2 neo unboosted. It offers good control once you learn how it woks with your blade.
I used the H3 neo earlier and that did nothing for me on my Stiga Hybrid wood blade. So, I glued it on my Stiga classic WRB and it does really well. :)

A dhs neo TG3 or TG2 or H3 ain't expencive.. try one on... hope you find what works for you! :)

The neo series from DHS is actually the preboosted rubbers,so in fact you are using a booosted chinese rubber on bh