DHS Hurricane Long 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I don't want to write a normal review of this blade. I could bullet point different game play elements and summarize how the blade plays, and I almost did that. But I won't, the Hurricane 3 doesn't deserve it.

This bade isn't and ordinary blade, this blade is a sensation. The blade won't complete the shots for you, it's not that easy to use. It absolutely will bite back if you lack the technique to use it. It won't stand being held by an unworthy player. However, in the right hands, it's lethal.

The Hurricane excels in almost all areas of game play. I'm almost tempted to say that this blade is a jack of all trades, but that wouldn't be right. I would say that it's more opportunistic. It doesn't force the issue, it doesn't see red when it opens it's eyes however doesn't it back away from a fight either.

It plays similar to Ma Long's style. Ma Long doesn't have the close game ferocity that Fan Zhendong has, nor does he passively push like Ma Lin.
Ma Long, like his blade, is opportunistic and adaptive. Fan Zhendong will force a backhand flick, Fan doesn't see a serve, he sees red. He wants to smash the ball over the net, and he does. Ma Long sees the serve, he sees the opportunity to flick, he can see the need to push. He doesn't force the game to behave the way he wants it to, rather, he adapts and reacts to the game. He doesn't need Xu Xin's footwork to side step the ball and win points with his forehand. He doesn't need Zhang Zike's backhand. He doesn't need Werner Schlager's serves. He doesn't need Ryu Sung Min's agility. Ma Long doesn't need to excel at any one particular area of game play, because he is well rounded in all areas of his gameplay and his paddle embodies that.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
So you mean if he has Zhang Jike's backhand + Xu Xin's footwork he will play better?
If he doesn't need them why he lost to Zhang Jika, Xu Xin and Wang Hao several times?
There is no limit for requirements of improving in table tennis. And you put a limit for that.

Ma Long always force himself to play fast forehand drive-loops. When a player trap him by going backhand to backhand he will not have good chance to win the point. That is why Zhang Jike defeated him some times. He won because he forced Ma Long to go backhand to backhand. And ma Long was not rounded enough to compete with he.