Backhand of China Professional (against backspin)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Elbow should be lifted up. That's a nice reminder in practice.
I notice in recent years, most player seems to twist their hands to a larger extend than the previous generation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Yes, he mentioned the importance of using lifting the elbow.
I think the main reason is using the elbow as pivot. When you swing your arm, you will feel that your elbow is the center of your circular motion of your arm.

That is a very effective way to produce power!

Elbow should be lifted up. That's a nice reminder in practice.
I notice in recent years, most player seems to twist their hands to a larger extend than the previous generation.

Reactions: Rajah*
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Too many players seem to try using the entire arm using shoulder joint as a pivot haha, that is a way to wreck Ur whole arm and shoulder.

The loop he is showing is a fast loop vs a very easy weak underspin. It has a LOT of solid contact and of course enough spin.

One can make a slow, heavy loop vs a heavy underspin, or one can use this type of loopdrive/loopkill vs it, but you got to open the bat moar vs heavier underspin and hit the ball while it is still net height to improve your landing percentages. With the heavier, slow loop, you can let it drop more to give you more time to position/crouch/loop the ball and the slow speed and heavy spin give you more safety.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
This tutorial is one of a professional series produced by HK, five of them have been generated so far which teach Forehand loop, Backhand Loop, Forehand flip and Backhand flip. There are few Chinese coaching with English description. This set is one of them.

Last edited: