Do you know Noshad Alamiyan ? (from Iran)

Do you know Noshad Alamiyan ? (from Iran)

• Yes

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 62.5%

• Total voters

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
never heard of him but watched him vs timo minute ago and looks like hes got quite a ugly style but he is definetly a fighter

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, the only reason why I ever heard of him, was because it caused some commotion when he beat Kenta Matsudaira. This was after Kenta brought Ma Lin to 7 games in the world championships, so everyone was viewing him as this insane prodigy that in the future would provide competition to the Chinese team. Of course, right after that, Kenta went on to suffer several loses to some not so high ranking players, such as Noshad.

Noshad's style and his strokes look really unorthodox, and kind of odd and ugly, as one prior person put it, but clearly effective, if they allowed him to beat Kenta. The unfortunate fact is that Table Tennis has progressed to the point that simply just playing and learning through playing is not enough. Where as players in the past, and from my impression, Noshad also, got really good at table tennis from just playing a lot of top people a lot, (which is why Waldner and Schalger tend to do some unorthodox but effective stuff) that simply isn't good enough today against the Chinese players.

Continued repetition of certain drills is now needed to reach a level of play that just isn't really possible if you rely on the old method of just playing alot and learning.

And since Noshad seems like that type of player, I think he won't really get good until he does more drill like stuff, and steam lines his style. His unorthodox swings, while OK at times, is often unnecessary, a take more reaction time that what is allowed in order to compete at the top elite level.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Wow...I just saw this thread from 2010. Amazing how many people say he has got an unorthodox style of play.
never heard of him but watched him vs timo minute ago and looks like hes got quite a ugly style but he is definetly a fighter

I thought he plays quite similar to Timo. :)

Here is a game against WLQ at the 2012 Asian Cup

Here against Kenta 2 years ago

Last edited:
says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
Hi Azlan, I watched he played with Wang LQ recently, the CCTV China TV commentator said Alamiyan style like Timo Boll, if you noticed the game, he has switched his racket 2 times from left hand play to right hand play in the middle of game, very brave action even playing with top player like Wang LQ.

Mar 2011
Hi Azlan, I watched he played with Wang LQ recently, the CCTV China TV commentator said Alamiyan style like Timo Boll, if you noticed the game, he has switched his racket 2 times from left hand play to right hand play in the middle of game, very brave action even playing with top player like Wang LQ.

Yeah buddy, it was a great game, very entertaining. I too noticed he switched from his left to his right hand trying to recover shots from WLQ. :) The guy is a real fighter, that is why I think he just might win against Saive, if Saive is not careful. Take him lightly, and Saive will pay the price. :)