Blade and Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Hi! I'm an intermediate player and I need a new bat. I have a forehand that is much better than my backhand, I loop and push and smash a lot with my forehand. With my backhand I can also loop and push, but it's much slower. Mostly, I use my backhand to block or hit with backspin. I'm neither very offensive nor defensive. What would you recommend?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I would recommend a blade with Zylon Carbon since it has good balance between offence and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Hi there I would recommend an all around blade pref a stiga all wood blade, a not so expensive rubber medium (hardness). You need to improve and try to balance your skills both bh and fh. Rubber pref i would not recommend a brand it will be on you, aspects on ball feel should be on you to decide.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
You could try a blade with allround offense with a bit more kick but good feel, maybe a Stiga Clipper CR and for rubbers perhaps look at using Rakza 7 which has good spin levels and control but also allows you to drive the ball hard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Honestly, you probably don't even need to worry about your skill level when buying a new blade.

If you have access to other blades, I would suggest trying them, and buying one that you like.
If not, you can buy one that would fit your style, or the style that you want to learn.
Companies like stiga and butterfly have many reviews for their blades that you can read online to get a feel for the blade plays before you buy one.

Then once you get a blade, you will learn the game with your new blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
a good blade to start with-Stiga Allround Classic. Not expensive,very good feel and control and speed.At the end its all your choice.But whatever you use,you will always be improving.Your strokes will become more efficient but you have to control your backhand.Practice improving a bh as many exploit weak bh in a game.