Tsp heavy weight bat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Has anyone tried this? Can I stick rubbers on it or no?

http://www.tabletennisworld.com.au/heavy-weight-training-p-63.html

I ve found it much cheaper in a local TT store in my city. When I was a kid my coach used to gimme a bat with 1 rubber in one side and on the other a mass of iron or some kind of metal, making the whole paddle weight above 400 gr. It was fantastic to practice loops with it cause it made you realize all the muscles involved when looping, especially when lifting underspin.

If I cant put rubbers on this TSP bat Im thinking on doing the same thing my coach did to me. Any ideas on how to glue with really strong bond a metal plate onto a wooden blade? :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
If you add metal instead of rubber on one side then the raquet will be over front weight resulting in triggering wrong muscle memory . So you should add weight porportionately. Just thoughts though, haven't tried neither of the ways. Probably some lead under handle?

Yes these are exactly my thoughts. If I do it I will put a small metal plate which has uniform weight like a rubber does.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I wouldnt suggest any metal plate sticking on a bat.. it is a bit dangerous if you exert explosive movement and that metal thing accidentally detaches from the bat then you know whats next..

I would suggest add a training session where you use rubber resistance attached to a pole and do diffrent strokes, by doing this everyday for one hour both arms im sure arm muscles will be firmer and stronger.
The other training that we do is use dumbels 4 or 5 lbs practice diffrent strokes on the table fh bh etc with matching footwork..

Never attach pcs of metal onto the blade.. blades are design just to withstand the weight of the head with 2pairs of rubber

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I wouldnt suggest any metal plate sticking on a bat.. it is a bit dangerous if you exert explosive movement and that metal thing accidentally detaches from the bat then you know whats next..

I would suggest add a training session where you use rubber resistance attached to a pole and do diffrent strokes, by doing this everyday for one hour both arms im sure arm muscles will be firmer and stronger.
The other training that we do is use dumbels 4 or 5 lbs practice diffrent strokes on the table fh bh etc with matching footwork..

Never attach pcs of metal onto the blade.. blades are design just to withstand the weight of the head with 2pairs of rubber

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Excellent idea-using dumbells.This will provide that weight but no risk of injury(Falling,breaking etc),but the con is that you dont get to hit a ball during this training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
The dumbells are not enough, I want to have 100% simulation, so maybe I will buy this blade. I want to have as much feeling as possible

Have you thought about using resistance bands to aid your process? As we also know table tennis is a very explosive sport.. when you're doing your dumbell routines go slow in the downward phase of the action and be "explosive" in the upward phase of action. I hope my Sport Science degree knowledge helps just a little :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Have you thought about using resistance bands to aid your process? As we also know table tennis is a very explosive sport.. when you're doing your dumbell routines go slow in the downward phase of the action and be "explosive" in the upward phase of action. I hope my Sport Science degree knowledge helps just a little :)

Hehe thanks for the insight. I started to workout a few years ago and after some research I did noticed that this method is the best for strengthening your muscles. Slow negative and fast positive.

My issue is that just strengthening your muscles is not enough, at least for me. I want to also strengthen my wrist (in order to execute very spinny and speedy FH or BH) which is possible only by doing FH or BH loops with added weight on the paddle . If I do isolation exercises (biceps,resistant bands and wrist exercises with dumbells) then the training time increases so I think the best way is to build or buy a blade like that!

Reactions: MDanielCRO