Stiga Catalogue 2014/2015 (Airoc, Emerald VPS V, Poly ball)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Stiga Catalogue 2014/2015 (Airoc, Emerald VPS V, Poly ball)

A7qap3q.png

Another nice post from Stiga's Facebook page! Earlier Stiga had announced their new Airoc rubbers that would be well-suited for the new poly ball. But this catalogue also shows the new poly ball itself, and their newest blade: the Emerald VPS V!

0hZfSW7.png

Check it out here:http://stigatabletennis.com/en/about-stiga/downloads/catalogs/catalogs/

Stiga's new poly ball:

stigapolyball.jpg

Last edited:
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Very nice catalogue from STIGA, I miss one thing.. For how long will the shirts/shorts/tracksuits be avaliable? This is important for smaller clubs that can't buy huge amounts of clothing and sell to players in the club, but has to buy small stocks depending on how many players will need it.. Does anyone in here have som experience on this? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Very nice catalogue from STIGA, I miss one thing.. For how long will the shirts/shorts/tracksuits be avaliable? This is important for smaller clubs that can't buy huge amounts of clothing and sell to players in the club, but has to buy small stocks depending on how many players will need it.. Does anyone in here have som experience on this? :)

Normally changes every year.
Some times there is as "last production" and after that, they will just sell out of the stock.
This is where some sizes will not be available.

Ofcourse they still may be stock in the distributors

IMO, try and make sure you guys buy everything within 3 to 6 months
Moment you get after 9months, then chances are low that you can buy again.

Reactions: Anders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I am expecting the Emerald VPS V, seems that Stiga is playing with mix-and-match game. Let's see if this is a good blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
the airoc rubbers are interesting. the description says it is made for the polyball?

Yes, because there is this new techology - Oxygen Capsule System.
Which can give you more spin etc.

Now if all this is so great, why didn't Stiga release OCS or Airoc for current ball, so they can provide a rubber which is more superior than Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Yes, because there is this new techology - Oxygen Capsule System.
Which can give you more spin etc.

Now if all this is so great, why didn't Stiga release OCS or Airoc for current ball, so they can provide a rubber which is more superior than Tenergy?

Maybe its another of their advertising ploys?

This user has no status.
But i doubt that.I believe it all involves advertising strategies and ploys.
Let's just be aware that the companies making the rubbers are mostly marketing companies. For example Adidas never made any decent table tennis equipment and suddenly apear on the market with some decent stuff, how is this possible ?
Well , Adidas just orders their rubbers at a company named ESN in Germany. They just asked to make some rubbers with Adidas logo's on them and now try to sell them at 40€/piece. (Production cost is estimatedly 1 to 2€ a piece guys !!!
We should try to find some cheap alternatives to these rip off rubber "manufacturers".
I have launched in the past the question which was the best ESN tensor rubber cheap (chinese) alternative , let's say something that plays like a Tibhar Genius or the like. We could all save a lot of money ( and play with a fresh rubber 2 to 3 times per season) instead of continuing to play with a pair of rubbers during a whole season.

Has anyone tried the Palio Hadou Biotech (or other Palio Biotech rubbers) ?? Any comparison with a tensor ???

This user has no status.
But i doubt that.I believe it all involves advertising strategies and ploys.
Let's just be aware that the companies making the rubbers are mostly marketing companies. For example Adidas never made any decent table tennis equipment and suddenly apear on the market with some decent stuff, how is this possible ?
Well , Adidas just orders their rubbers at a company named ESN in Germany. They just asked to make some rubbers with Adidas logo's on them and now try to sell them at 40€/piece. (Production cost is estimatedly 1 to 2€ a piece guys !!!
We should try to find some cheap alternatives to these rip off rubber "manufacturers".
I have launched in the past the question which was the best ESN tensor rubber cheap (chinese) alternative , let's say something that plays like a Tibhar Genius or the like. We could all save a lot of money ( and play with a fresh rubber 2 to 3 times per season) instead of continuing to play with a pair of rubbers during a whole season.

Has anyone tried the Palio Hadou Biotech (or other Palio Biotech rubbers) ?? Any comparison with a tensor ???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
We could just start a cooperative and start the brand Table Tennis Daily Fourm, and then just make ESN make our line of rubbers and sell them for factory prices! Thing is, the 300+ post thread where everyone wants to design the characteristics would make a bad rubber (too many TT players spoil the souo).

Or you could make certain rubbers with certain traits for certain players.eg tacky rubbers for those that prefer chinese types of rubbers etc