Stay away from cheap DHS 3-star balls - Ebay!

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Just a heads up, I bought a 6-pack of these for $3.00, they arrived yesterday.

rU6NgOD.jpg

They turned out to be absolute garbage, wobbly as hell, uneven inconsistent bounce, and overall they just felt weird. Sounded weird too.

I've played with DHS balls before, and they were fine. I suppose these could be fake, but they look legit. Anyhoo, 1-star Donic balls we have at the club will have to do for the time being.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's a little harsh. I bought some cheap DHS glue a couple of years ago and it turned out OK. Also, I played with cheap Friendship rubbers from Ebay too for a while, and they were decent for the money.

Well Ebay is only a trading site. You have no idea who the seller is and the consistancy of the service.
What you pay is what you get.
Sorry if it sound harsh, but that is reality.

I rather buy from reputable stores and willing to pay the extra bit for insurance or peice of mind, than to regret or have doubts - both leading to more money being wasted than saved.

And as time goes on, more fraudsters will abuse ebay. I'm already seeing more and more compared to years ago.
Ebay isn't going to get any better for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes true. On ebay I managed to get around 100 of the balls for £12. Do you get your practice balls cheap from somewhere Tony?

Hmm.. I import directly from the factories (Yasaka, DHS, 729 Balls is what I sell)
My selling price for 144 balls is:
R450 for 729 1 star
R550 for DHS 1 star/Yasaka Superior
And shiping to South Africa is so expensive....

1 USD = R10.60 at the moment, was R11.00 not so long ago.
That is $42.50 and $52 repectively or $0.30 and $0.36 per ball

I'm pretty certain many online stores in Europe's pricing is similar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Hmm.. I import directly from the factories (Yasaka, DHS, 729 Balls is what I sell)
My selling price for 144 balls is:
R450 for 729 1 star
R550 for DHS 1 star/Yasaka Superior
And shiping to South Africa is so expensive....

1 USD = R10.60 at the moment, was R11.00 not so long ago.
That is $42.50 and $52 repectively or $0.30 and $0.36 per ball

I'm pretty certain many online stores in Europe's pricing is similar

That's cool. Yeah shipping is becoming darn expensive everywhere. Yea Europe's pricing is similar to this I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Yep I also bought cheap DHS 3 star balls previously from ebay and they were crap! I learnt my lesson and only buy from reputable sellers nowadays