• Barbara Wei

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • David Wetherril

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
ITTF has just posted a final poll for new commentator that will work for them.

Finalist are:
1.Adam Bobrow (The funny dancing guy, he is really crazy) to me he did a very good job there, he was not boring with stupid informations, no unnecessarily shouts, commenting every point in technical and tactical details. Nice job!

2.Barbara Wei (I don't know a lot about her) I don't want to comment anything about her presentation, I just don't like woman comentators in sports.

3.David Wetherril (Famouse paralympic player who did one of the best shots ever) The sound quality of his presentation is terrible, that's probably the main reason why I don't like it.

It's all on us, we have to choose. My vote goes to the Adam Bobrow. You can vote here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KTSRDVB

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
1)My vote goes for Adam Bobrow.He knows what he is saying,confident,allows spectators to make the own judgements,and commentates after the rally with excellent detail and shows an understanding of the game.

2)David Wetherill.He is also a good commentator,but his voice projection is not suited ideally for a commentator(i would say a bit muffled/unclear),but otherwise he is good,confident and knows the sport.

3)Barbara Wei-she is not very confident IMO,her voice is not projected in a flowing style,but rather bit by bit.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Adam Bobrow no doubt. I'm sorry Butt Stallion, but if you fancy yourself an expert it doesn't mean that we should just have a commentator that doesn't know what's going on. Adam Bobrow is knowledgeable and has personality to go along with it. He's confident on top of it. The random bits can be funny, but you don't watch TT for the commentators. They are there to assist, not to be the focus. I'd take him for sure over most any of the commentators that the ITTF has used in the past, that just repeat the same phrases over and over. Other that Richard Prause, no thanks to most anyone else.

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Adam Bobrow. He is fun and he knows what's going on. Sometimes he speaks too much but it can help some beginners, also if there's an bit you didn't understand perfectly(which happens a lot in tt) then it's great. Barbara Wei's voice is just so annoying. I can't stand it. I listened to it for a minute and couldn't stand it anymore. David is OK but Adam Bobrow is better.

Feb 2013
This isn't live commentary anymore. I could be mistaken but to me it sounds like Adam watched the match and wrote down notes, and watched it again while reading it out loud after every point. Also I think that the awful sound quality has a really bad influence on David's chances.

I don't beliave he would do that. Why would he try so hard to get a job if he isn't able to do it right way?

This user has no status.
Hi guys, its Wetherill here!

I don't want to just come on and beg for your votes because I've been meaning to write a little message for a while thanking everyone at TableTennisDaily for all your support over the last few years, especially after that shot I played in London. I'm massively honoured to have been selected for this as I love table tennis as much as you do, and pleasantly surprised too as I'm fully aware the quality of my recording isn't the best! I submitted it off the cuff knackered at 4am on Tuesday from my phone (which is rubbish) so many apologies!

I've done some commentary before for the English National Championships and I really enjoyed it; I actually think with the technical input that me and Adam could make a great team. I don't think this is the best I've ever done by any stretch of the imagination but, having said that, table tennis is my life and I would be delighted for the opportunity to spread further my passion and love for our beautiful sport.

As ever, constructive comments are most welcome!

David

Feb 2013
Hi guys, its Wetherill here!

I don't want to just come on and beg for your votes because I've been meaning to write a little message for a while thanking everyone at TableTennisDaily for all your support over the last few years, especially after that shot I played in London. I'm massively honoured to have been selected for this as I love table tennis as much as you do, and pleasantly surprised too as I'm fully aware the quality of my recording isn't the best! I submitted it off the cuff knackered at 4am on Tuesday from my phone (which is rubbish) so many apologies!

I've done some commentary before for the English National Championships and I really enjoyed it; I actually think with the technical input that me and Adam could make a great team. I don't think this is the best I've ever done by any stretch of the imagination but, having said that, table tennis is my life and I would be delighted for the opportunity to spread further my passion and love for our beautiful sport.

As ever, constructive comments are most welcome!

David

Hello David!

Nice to have you here. I wonder if ITTF could accept both, you and Adam? Do you have any info about it? It would be great!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Bobrow For Table Tennis Broadcast Booth

Spent some time with Adam at a US Nationals Championships in Las Vegas. He did some broadcasting there too. Very personable, funny and swings a mean racket as well. :cool: Best wishes.

Adam Bobrow.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I would prefer David, I'm sure he can do better, his flow is just more like a calm commentary that is good to listen and not interfering with the focus on the match If Adam Bobrow can change his tone a little and stop using such childish words as "he looks cool" and "bam" then maybe. The content of information that he says is mostly alright. But my gripe with him is the overly adolescent tone and use of words. A lot of it sounded just so weird it wasn't like watching table tennis but a basketball match. I just couldn't stand it when he said - "nice opening, right into the body from the backhand and BAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!" What is this I thought it was like listening to some kid getting overly excited about a new episode of spiderman or something. It just seems like he didn't know what to say afterwards and just screamed BAMMM!!!! which was really annoying, unprofessional and immature. I just couldn't imagine myself listening to a guy like that. Please just get a normal commentator.

Last edited:
Reactions: SquareBall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I dont care if David has bad microphone .. That's something fixable and since i like the tone of his voice and doesnt distract me from the joy he is the most suitable.

Exactly. I swear if I ever hear that puerile "BAMMM" again from now on I'll only watch table tennis matches without a sound.