Dimitrij Ovtcharov Tests New Poly Ball!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Dimitrij Ovtcharov practised with the new poly ball in Russia recently. The first rally is with a celluloid ball, the second and third rallies are with the new plastic ball.

Dimitrij Ovtcharov commented, "I think table tennis will change with the new ball. There is less rotation so the ralleys may become more attracktve! It will be exciting to find out how table tennis develops".

says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
Mar 2014
Dimitri Ovcharov sagte: "Ich denke, Tennis mit dem neuen Ball zu ändern hat weniger Spin, so Rallyes können attracktve Es wird spannend werden, um herauszufinden, wie man Tischtennis entwickeln.!."
Aber dann wird die Geschwindigkeit zu groß sein und die Kameras werden kontinuierlich Sendung in Zeitlupe übertragen

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ovtcharov and other players are doing great work on their social media players. This sort of stuff we want to see more often. Ovtcharov comment that he thinks this will change the game, I think it sure will.

I wonder if there will be players who are ranked around 100, and will really benefit with the new ball. Or will player rankings stay similar.... will be interesting.

says Aging is a killer
As there is less spin, low level players may have even greater difficulty in pulling off upset performances.
But I can see that at lower levels where I occupy, we'll probably see the return of the pushers. That is, a player who simply push and push and push and push until his opponent breaks down and misses a shot.

says Aging is a killer
As there is less spin, low level players may have even greater difficulty in pulling off upset performances.
But I can see that at lower levels where I occupy, we'll probably see the return of the pushers. That is, a player who simply push and push and push and push until his opponent breaks down and misses a shot.
And don't forget that Sharara also wants to raise the net back to where it was in the thirties making pushing again very effective.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Easy, they will disappear...

First of all, let me say, the following is just a guess. I have no evidence.

I think that if there is more effort required to put backspin on the ball, the equivalent to pushing more weight, then the same will be true for putting topspin on the ball, lifting more weight. It is harder to spin for both the chopper and the looper. The looper will have less backspin to lift, but it will be harder to lift it. Again, just a guess.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Sadly, i think you are right :(

Guys, I am thinking the new ball could benefit defenders. Because the new ball is slightly slower defenders will have more time. But on the other hand could be easier for attackers to set themselves up due to the less spin on the ball...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rajah*
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Guys, I am thinking the new ball could benefit defenders. Because the new ball is slightly slower defenders will have more time. But on the other hand could be easier for attackers to set themselves up due to the less spin on the ball...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
I just want to make an example here: When 38mm balls changed to 40mm many defenders got down in WR.

Anyway, the chops will have less spin so the opponent will just smash it even with more speed than before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I really cant say if this change is good for the sport. A few questions must be asked....will this change further help the chinese dominance? Will making the sport less dependent on spin take away from some of the specticle we have come to admire and appreciate? Will taking away the speed effect of the sport further really help improve spectators fascination of the sport? Or will it make it a bit longer and maybe a tad boring to watch? I truely love this sport and i hope that the change helps us more than does harm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I just want to make an example here: When 38mm balls changed to 40mm many defenders got down in WR.

Anyway, the chops will have less spin so the opponent will just smash it even with more speed than before.

Technology will find its way regarding heavy spin on the new poly. Defenders nowadays dont just defend they have manage to adapt and have a set of attacking skills. All of us has to learn and master, its just a matter of time.

*forgot to give you a bucket of popcorn, here you go!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alborz