French League says no to the poly balls!

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
French League says no to the poly balls!

National Federations can decide when to implement the new plastic balls. The French Table Tennis Federation analysed the implementation of the new ball and decided not to implement it, at least in the next season of the French League. So the French League will be played with the celluloid ball.

malongdhsball2014.jpeg

The French Federation officially announced the reasons of its decision on its web site:

· It is thought that manufacturers won't have enough supply on time (at least not until summer when players are in the pre-season) DHS informed that they haven't started the mass production, while Xushaofa informed that they have enough stock, but its ball won't be used in the 2014 and 2015 ITTF World Tour Circuit.

· The world production isn't ready yet.

· There is no enough stock currently, so no enough balls to train

· There is no information from manufacturers

· Celluloid balls will continue to be manufactured

· Clubs still have large stock of celluloid balls
French Federation's report also mentioned the situation in Germany. The Germany Federation recommends that the Bundesliga, second and third division implement the new ball, while people in charge of other divisions can decide if they implement or not the poly ball.

I can't understand it. I'm not sure about when poly balls will be available to public but i guess it will be soon. New balls will be available in some countries this May but DHS said they haven't started mass production until now. Maybe those balls will be produced by other manufacturers.

Also CTTSL will not use new balls for this season. Probably they have the same reasons of French League to do this.

Anyway, I hope new DHS balls be available soon.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Its good that they not using it now.most players are not used to it and havent practiced with them.Next year they should start,as everyone will be used to it by then.

French League for next session (next year) is not implimenting the ball - Sep 2014 ~

CSL choose not to impliment this season as half the season is before the launch date (final of CSL is on 10 Aug, while league starts in 17 May)

Major world event + world tours will be using it from July 2014....

IMO, French league not using it for next session is a bit odd. Normal for the CSL not to use it.
It sure going to be confusing for players/coaching staff to train/prepare for different events using different balls.....

I also couldn't get DHS (my supplier) to confirm release date for me to get DHS balls :(
Seems like plenty of Xushaofa balls in all the provincial teams in China already for a few months now

Last edited:
says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
says : ???????:?? ?????????? ?? ??? ? ?? ?? ???- ????? ?? ...
Mar 2014
Вече писах, че ще стане твърде бърза и няма да може да се вижда нищо по телевизията. ( Ich schrieb bereits, dass es zu schnell zu werden und kann nicht auf TV nichts sehen).

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
French League for next session (next year) is not implimenting the ball - Sep 2014 ~

CSL choose not to impliment this season as half the season is before the launch date (final of CSL is on 10 Aug, while league starts in 17 May)

Major world event + world tours will be using it from July 2014....

IMO, French league not using it for next session is a bit odd. Normal for the CSL not to use it.
It sure going to be confusing for players/coaching staff to train/prepare for different events using different balls.....

I also couldn't get DHS (my supplier) to confirm release date for me to get DHS balls :(
Seems like plenty of Xushaofa balls in all the provincial teams in China already for a few months now
Xushaofa balls are not good enough and DHS ones are far better as i know.

Also i think it will not be confusing for CNT to prepare for different events. After 1st of July (which is after May 17 that CTTSL starts) and before 10 August there is no World Tour (all of them are challenge series) or world event that CNT play in them.

There is Czech Open (major series) At August 27. As far as i know CNT never played in that tournament form 2012 (when it actually begins) and i expect them not to be there like before. After that there is some challenge series world tour which CNT don't play in them.
After then there is Asian Games at Sep 27 which i expect it the time that we can see CNT again in world events after the change of balls.

So they can train with current balls for the whole season of CTTSL this year without problem. And after that the have so much time ( Aug 10 to 27 Sep) to train and adjust with new balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Xushaofa balls are not good enough and DHS ones are far better as i know.

Also i think it will not be confusing for CNT to prepare for different events. After 1st of July (which is after May 17 that CTTSL starts) and before 10 August there is no World Tour (all of them are challenge series) or world event that CNT play in them.

There is Czech Open (major series) At August 27. As far as i know CNT never played in that tournament form 2012 (when it actually begins) and i expect them not to be there like before. After that there is some challenge series world tour which CNT don't play in them.
After then there is Asian Games at Sep 27 which i expect it the time that we can see CNT again in world events after the change of balls.

So they can train with current balls for the whole season of CTTSL this year without problem. And after that the have so much time ( Aug 10 to 27 Sep) to train and adjust with new balls.

I was refering to the French league players getting confused.
CSL only have 5 weeks from ball launch to end of season. French league starts in Sep 14.
Germany league is fine for the change, but not French.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I was refering to the French league players getting confused.
CSL only have 5 weeks from ball launch to end of season. French league starts in Sep 14.
Germany league is fine for the change, but not French.
Yes, French league will surely get confused because the coming of new balls.