PDA

View Full Version : HELP about choosing new FH weapon

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Hello, I am planing about changing Forehand rubber.
I am currently working hard on changing my forehand technique and I want to make it more and more powerful.
My FH technique is simillar to Yan An's I would say but I just have a little bit shorter swing. Till now I was using tenergy 05 and a lot of other tensors.
So I am thinking about getting new rubber that will suit my new style, and I would like to try something tacky and see how it will work for me.
I know everything about tacky rubbers and I just wonder if it would be better for me to first try something less tacky and softer, like Tibhar grip-s or spinart. And what about tuning H3? Can you make it closer to euro rubbers if you you use a lot of boosting?
Does anyone knows how does it go to change from euro style rubber to hard chinese rubber? Please help me because I am really getting nervous with waiting :P

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Hello, I am planing about changing Forehand rubber.
I am currently working hard on changing my forehand technique and I want to make it more and more powerful.
My FH technique is simillar to Yan An's I would say but I just have a little bit shorter swing. Till now I was using tenergy 05 and a lot of other tensors.
So I am thinking about getting new rubber that will suit my new style, and I would like to try something tacky and see how it will work for me.
I know everything about tacky rubbers and I just wonder if it would be better for me to first try something less tacky and softer, like Tibhar grip-s or spinart.
Does anyone knows how does it go to change from euro style rubber to hard chinese rubber? Please help me because I am really getting nervous with waiting :P

HI,

Get a custom DHS Blue Sponge Skyline :)

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Where can I get it?

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Where can I get it?

I can get you it but its 1100rmb if you want the one with Ma longs name in sponge.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 04:24 PM
You must be kidding, it's like 180$

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 04:27 PM
You must be kidding, it's like 180$

Yep or the one without a name is 650rmb

But if you wait a couple weeks Dan is going to review the National Hurricane 3 Blue sponge ;)

harveyaquino
04-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Changing from Chinese to tensor is easier. Tensor to Chinese is quite hard because it requires a different technique. But if that is for your betterment then it is worth considering.

I agree that you should try Chinese rubbers with a bit softer topsheet or even the hybrids like you mention, grip s. If you have the money and time then that strategy would work to make the transition easier. But you can also jump into a Chinese rubber immediately and just learn from it. I remember when I moved from using Sriver years ago to Chinese, I have started with a brick hard Hurricane 2! Hahaha.

Anyway, good luck on your journey to Chinese FH. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Okay thanks but I want to hear answers on my questions first

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Changing from Chinese to tensor is easier. Tensor to Chinese is quite hard because it requires a different technique. But if that is for your betterment then it is worth considering.

I agree that you should try Chinese rubbers with a bit softer topsheet or even the hybrids like you mention, grip s. If you have the money and time then that strategy would work to make the transition easier. But you can also jump into a Chinese rubber immediately and just learn from it. I remember when I moved from using Sriver years ago to Chinese, I have started with a brick hard Hurricane 2! Hahaha.

Thanks a lot :)

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=harveyaquino;80216]Changing from Chinese to tensor is easier. Tensor to Chinese is quite hard because it requires a different technique. But if that is for your betterment then it is worth considering.

Spot on :)

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Regarding your boosting question.

Can you make it closer to euro rubbers if you you use a lot of boosting?

To get Chinese rubbers to actually play 100% you should boost them but when they are boosted they work like magic :)

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 05:04 PM

What boost do you use??? i need to order some but I don't know whats good ;)

Rajah*
04-19-2014, 05:04 PM
MDaniel as to which style are you comftable doin your fh swing? Short or long.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:13 PM
MDaniel as to which style are you comftable doin your fh swing? Short or long.

Currently short because I use tensor rubbers, but I know to play with much longer swing..

What boost do you use??? i need to order some but I don't know whats good ;)

I use falco tempo long booster

Amayzde
04-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Yep or the one without a name is 650rmb

But if you wait a couple weeks Dan is going to review the National Hurricane 3 Blue sponge ;)

Were did you hear that?

Bensmithbortey
04-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Were did you hear that?

I know cause I got him the Ma long custom 906 blade and the National Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge :)

And I have been speaking to him.

Rajah*
04-19-2014, 05:25 PM
I know everything about tacky rubbers and I just wonder if it would be better for me to first try something less tacky and softer, like Tibhar grip-s or spinart. And what about tuning H3? Can you make it closer to euro rubbers if you you use a lot of boosting?

Hi there regarding boosting H3 and making it closer nearly like euro, why not use euro instead of chinese? That would confuse you of your style. Euro are designed to be euro and chinese designed to bear chinese characteristic type of rubber behavior, thats the distinction. You can buy factory tuned H3 rubbers on trusted stores.

Regarding with what you said that your swing is a bit shorter than Yan An, and if chinese rubber will fit your style then.. no problem with short swing as long as you can sink the ball into the the hard rubber creating your own catapult effect and brush that ball then it will work just fine. Key here is strong firm arm and perfect ball contact on the blade as you brush the ball.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi there regarding boosting H3 and making it closer nearly like euro, why not use euro instead of chinese? That would confuse you of your style. Euro are designed to be euro and chinese designed to bear chinese characteristic type of rubber behavior, thats the distinction. You can buy factory tuned H3 rubbers on trusted stores.

Regarding with what you said that your swing is a bit shorter than Yan An, and if chinese rubber will fit your style then.. no problem with short swing as long as you can sink the ball into the the hard rubber creating your own catapult effect and brush that ball then it will work just fine. Key here is strong firm arm and perfect ball contact on the blade as you brush the ball.

I don't want it to be like euro style rubbers, just at beggining easier way to hangle it.

Okay thanks for useful informations.

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
My FH technique is simillar to Yan An's I would say but I just have a little bit shorter swing.

It may look similar, but is the feeling/touch/control similar?
That is more key, looking and playing smiliar is really different.

I think you can first get a normal national or provincial H3 and first try out.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
It may look similar, but is the feeling/touch/control similar?
That is more key, looking and playing smiliar is really different.

That's what I would like to change!

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 05:31 PM
That's what I would like to change!

Then I hope you have a good footwork coach.
Start from the feet and work the way up to your hand.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Then I hope you have a good footwork coach.
Start from the feet and work the way up to your hand.

Oh don't worry for my footwork, I am not new in table tennis

Tony's Table Tennis
04-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh don't worry for my footwork, I am not new in table tennis

I guess you think Euro footwork and Chinese footwork is simliar....
So I take back my advice, you seem to know a lot.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:40 PM
I guess you think Euro footwork and Chinese footwork is simliar....
So I take back my advice, you seem to know a lot.

No I don't think so, I know everything about both footworks, I have watched a lot of videos, and I also we had one chinese in our club before few years.

Rajah*
04-19-2014, 05:42 PM
+1 tony, the stability in executing a good spin using a chinese rubber is verymuch diffrent, footwork and weight transfer play a big part thats why they have large thigh to support in executing explosive movement.

MDanielCRO
04-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Maybe it's better not to change rubber if you think it would be so hard

mahomedy13
04-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Give the H3 NEO or Skyline TG 2 NEO(regular)a try.They are cheap,so if you are not happy with them,you can change them

harveyaquino
04-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Maybe it's better not to change rubber if you think it would be so hard

Have you played with Chinese rubbers before? What made you want to change to them?

I agree that changing rubbers especially tensor to Chinese is hard, but you can always try them like what I said, for your betterment. A good coach can help you transition easier, but the change will take time.

You can just try the ones mentioned, h3 Neo commercial and skyline Neo ones. If you are really determined in changing your forehand rubber, we can't impose what's right or wrong for you. You just have to find out, along with your coach, the best setup for you. :)

MDanielCRO
04-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Have you played with Chinese rubbers before? What made you want to change to them?

I agree that changing rubbers especially tensor to Chinese is hard, but you can always try them like what I said, for your betterment. A good coach can help you transition easier, but the change will take time.

You can just try the ones mentioned, h3 Neo commercial and skyline Neo ones. If you are really determined in changing your forehand rubber, we can't impose what's right or wrong for you. You just have to find out, along with your coach, the best setup for you. :)

I just want to correct my forehand technique that's why. Maybe it looks good but I don't feel that my contact with the ball is the best, that's why I think I could make it better with chinese rubbers.

I don't have a couch that would be interested in something like this and he could never understand why do I do something like this. I didn't want to directly change and start playing wirh new rubber, I have 2 blades and I could first test it out for some time.

But I will see what I could do. Thanks a lot

Amayzde
04-20-2014, 12:02 PM
I just want to correct my forehand technique that's why. Maybe it looks good but I don't feel that my contact with the ball is the best, that's why I think I could make it better with chinese rubbers.

I don't have a couch that would be interested in something like this and he could never understand why do I do something like this. I didn't want to directly change and start playing wirh new rubber, I have 2 blades and I could first test it out for some time.

But I will see what I could do. Thanks a lot

I played with chinese rubbers, when i was playing table tennis for like 3 years we went to rotterdam for the wttc (When I never watched table tennis matches before) but when I saw the match from ma long against ma lin I was inspired byb ma long to get as good as him and from then Im a huge ma long fan.

So I watched alot more of ma longs matches over the internet and once I found out what forehand rubber he used I was like lets give it a try. I went from Mark V to a dhs skyline 3 neo and at the start it was a pain to use. my loops went alot slower and when I tried to loop faster the ball went off the table and it was also very hard to generate spin on short backspin serves but I found out that you just have to wait for the tacky surface to get less tacky and more grippy.

After some months playing with the rubbers my loops where still slow and I did not know a solution. But then I finally knew why; you have to take every ball earlier because when you let the ball drop a bit it was a struggle to create power in your shots and I also found out you have to play with the chinese loop technique for this rubber to really work (longer swing and use your waist and weight transfer to create power).

I hope you can do something with this. This was just how I experienced the rubber.

MDanielCRO
04-20-2014, 12:10 PM
I played with chinese rubbers, when i was playing table tennis for like 3 years we went to rotterdam for the wttc (When I never watched table tennis matches before) but when I saw the match from ma long against ma lin I was inspired byb ma long to get as good as him and from then Im a huge ma long fan.

So I watched alot more of ma longs matches over the internet and once I found out what forehand rubber he used I was like lets give it a try. I went from Mark V to a dhs skyline 3 neo and at the start it was a pain to use. my loops went alot slower and when I tried to loop faster the ball went off the table and it was also very hard to generate spin on short backspin serves but I found out that you just have to wait for the tacky surface to get less tacky and more grippy.

After some months playing with the rubbers my loops where still slow and I did not know a solution. But then I finally knew why; you have to take every ball earlier because when you let the ball drop a bit it was a struggle to create power in your shots and I also found out you have to play with the chinese loop technique for this rubber to really work (longer swing and use your waist and weight transfer to create power).

I hope you can do something with this. This was just how I experienced the rubber.

Okay I want you guys to know that my technique is really not bad. I take every ball very early and I do transfer weight from right side to left and forward.
I shouldn't have troubles with that and I think I could easily develop new modified technique.

mahomedy13
04-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Okay I want you guys to know that my technique is really not bad. I take every ball very early and I do transfer weight from right side to left and forward.
I shouldn't have troubles with that and I think I could easily develop new modified technique.

Then I think you should give it a try.You have convinced us that you can play with Chinese rubbers,now its left to you to convince yourself

MDanielCRO
04-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Then I think you should give it a try.You have convinced us that you can play with Chinese rubbers,now its left to you to convince yourself

Just got one sheet of used tibhar grip-s, will try it soon, But it doesn't feel much tacky and can't hold ball even for a second. Is there way to fix tackiness?

DDF2
04-20-2014, 07:02 PM
For old rubbers there isn't really a way to get back the tackyness. I read that some people used olive or sunflower oil to regain some of the grip, but I'm not sure if it really works and if it does what other effects it has on the rubber so I won't recommend it.

If you want a tacky medium-hard rubber you could try the neos tacky. I've been using it since I started playing and feel like it's a very good rubber. It requires a huge amount of footwork to get good results though. Since the rubber doesn't have a lot of acceleration by itself you need to generate almost all the speed from your body.

harveyaquino
04-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Just got one sheet of used tibhar grip-s, will try it soon, But it doesn't feel much tacky and can't hold ball even for a second. Is there way to fix tackiness?

You can try the Haifu Blue Whale 2. It is a Chinese rubber but the topsheet is softer and it is similar to grip s.

mahomedy13
04-21-2014, 10:09 AM
For old rubbers there isn't really a way to get back the tackyness. I read that some people used olive or sunflower oil to regain some of the grip, but I'm not sure if it really works and if it does what other effects it has on the rubber so I won't recommend it.

If you want a tacky medium-hard rubber you could try the neos tacky. I've been using it since I started playing and feel like it's a very good rubber. It requires a huge amount of footwork to get good results though. Since the rubber doesn't have a lot of acceleration by itself you need to generate almost all the speed from your body.

I tried the oil trick.doesnt work at all.It make your rubber get damaged.

Rajah*
04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
You tried frying your rubber..

MDanielCRO
04-21-2014, 03:52 PM
You tried frying your rubber..

Yes, I do that almost every day, The best way to save old rubbers life.

Amayzde
04-21-2014, 09:30 PM

Well the tackiness is supposed to dissapear after some time, thats when they become more deadly

mahomedy13
04-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Well the tackiness is supposed to dissapear after some time, thats when they become more deadly

Deadly as in what?

Tony's Table Tennis
04-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Deadly as in what?

lol
I'm sure 99% of tacky rubber users use them because of the tackiness.
After tackiness is gone, then the rubber is useless.

During the time when I used to train min 35 hours a week, I had to change rubbers every month, to 2 months max.
Can't play with a dead rubber (non tacky)

agold
04-22-2014, 02:10 AM
Try YinHe Apollo I. It's really good for counter looping mid distance and close to table against under spin. It's pretty tacky, and if you take good care of it, ie wash it and put a protective sheet on it after every use, it'll stay tacky for a long time compared to a lot of rubbers.

Rajah*
04-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Huh? Tacky was designed to be tacky on purpose, if the tackiness of it is already lost then your rubber is already dead, not deadly.

Der_Echte
04-22-2014, 05:36 AM
Try a modern allround rubber like Aurus. You get what you put into it, very linear with some top end pop. Aurus works well on many blades (like T05 does).

agold
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Try YinHe Apollo I. It's really good for counter looping mid distance and close to table against under spin. It's pretty tacky, and if you take good care of it, ie wash it and put a protective sheet on it after every use, it'll stay tacky for a long time compared to a lot of rubbers.

There is a new rubber! It's called the YinHe Apollo III and it's less tacky and more spinny and speedy than the Apollo I. It might be a good way for you to ease into the world of Chinese rubbers. Make sure not to get the Apollo II, though. It's not good.

mahomedy13
04-22-2014, 10:11 PM
lol
I'm sure 99% of tacky rubber users use them because of the tackiness.
After tackiness is gone, then the rubber is useless.

During the time when I used to train min 35 hours a week, I had to change rubbers every month, to 2 months max.
Can't play with a dead rubber (non tacky)

Do Chinese rubbers provide any mechanical spin after the tackiness is gone?If so,is it a lot or a little?

Or does it become like an anti-spin rubber?

Kaiwen
04-22-2014, 11:12 PM
The classic Skyline 3 neo with boost is perfect!!! (25$) or you can test the new Hurricane 3-50 between chinese rubbers and Tenergy!

agold
04-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Do Chinese rubbers provide any mechanical spin after the tackiness is gone?If so,is it a lot or a little?

Or does it become like an anti-spin rubber?

It depends on the rubber. A hard sponge rubber will be useless without the tackiness, because the hard sponge pushes the ball away and the tackiness keeps it in. If the tackiness goes away, there will be no dwell time and there will not be time to spin the ball. It'll be like you are playing with marble—lots of reaction, but not much generation. A softer sponge control rubber might be a little better after the tackiness wears off, because there is still some dwell time.

DennyTTLover
04-29-2017, 02:14 AM
Andro Rasant Grip! Look no further if you want an extreme spin. Angle is the only thing you need to get used to then you are good to go. It's got a great feel:) Won't have that nice soak-in tenergy feeling but still nice. I have used many different rubbers and it's the one I can confidently recommend as one great alternative for tenergy:)