Rubber advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hello,

I'm looking for new rubbers. Playstyle:
Forehand: strong topspin, good serving game,mostly attacking but pushing short balls.
Backhand: learning curve(I try to make the same strokes but make more errors).
Level: Medium range of intermediate level.
I like the following properties:
- good produce of backspin and topspin.
- good/decent short game (not to springy/bouncy).
- less spin sensitivity then baracuda
- hardness feel:medium or softer.
- lighter is better.
- less sound is better (dont like the very hard cracks,baracuda is ok).

Thx for your advice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think you can try the Xiom Vega range of rubbers
Pro, Asia, Euro - 3 different sponge hardness for your liking too.

These are really affordable "tensor" rubbers too.
For FH, go for Pro or Asia, BH go for Euro (if you prefer a softer backhand)

This user has no status.
I would recommend you using a Rakza 7 on the forehand, its the most balanced rubber I have used so far. You can topspin the ball hard and you can topspin slow and has good dwell time and excellent spin.

For the backhand I would say go with the Rakza 7 Soft. I have used harder backhand rubbers and with the Rakza 7 Soft it was easier to perform a backhand topspin, the softer sponge foregives you a little bit more if you dont make optimal contact and its also easier to topspin away from the table. Took some time to adapt at first because I wasnt used to the soft sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Thx for the replies

About the advices:
Mark V: I want a tensor.
Ten 05/Bluefire 1/Vega pro: Too heavy.
Vega Euro: Maybe for bh.
Ten 80fx: Maybe but I struggle with the price.
Acuda S2: I read that its very sensitive for incoming spin like Baracuda. If not it would be a good choice.
Vega Asia: Maybe for fh.
Rakza 7: Ive played with this rubber and it would be great it the feeling wasnt so hard.

I prefer same rubber on fh ad bh. A rubber like s2 with less spin sensitivity or a Rakza 7 with softer feeling would be great.If not exist Im going to play with different rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Thx for the replies

About the advices:
Acuda S2: I read that its very sensitive for incoming spin like Baracuda. If not it would be a good choice.
Rakza 7: Ive played with this rubber and it would be great it the feeling wasnt so hard.

I prefer same rubber on fh ad bh. A rubber like s2 with less spin sensitivity or a Rakza 7 with softer feeling would be great.If not exist Im going to play with different rubbers

Then the Rakza 7 soft will suit you

This user has no status.
Thx for the replies

About the advices:

Well maybe the Bluefire m2? its a little softer than the Rakza 7 and Ive used the M1 which was not to sensitive to spin and it has a similair throw as the baracuda.

Or you get a softer blade and get Rakza 7 on both sides

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thx for the replies

About the advices:

Vega Pro is too heavy? Are you serious?
It is such a light rubber. I sold maybe more than 20 of them this year already, and most of the time I cut and glue.
Estimate weight is under 45 gram per sheet... and that is really light... you can't put them in the same class as a 50 gram T05/M1
Also Rakza 7 is medium sponge, not hard... if this is hard for you, then Vega Pro/Asia may be too hard, as the hardness is simliar. Even T05 is too hard for you then.

If R7S is too soft....hm, then Mark V HPS will be too soft too.
You a really difficult person you know lol :)
Try Omega IV Euro then, that is inbetween T05 and T05FX in terms of hardness.
Or maybe a 2mm Rakza 7 may work too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Vega Pro is too heavy? Are you serious?
It is such a light rubber. I sold maybe more than 20 of them this year already, and most of the time I cut and glue.
Estimate weight is under 45 gram per sheet... and that is really light... you can't put them in the same class as a 50 gram T05/M1
Also Rakza 7 is medium sponge, not hard... if this is hard for you, then Vega Pro/Asia may be too hard, as the hardness is simliar. Even T05 is too hard for you then.

If R7S is too soft....hm, then Mark V HPS will be too soft too.
You a really difficult person you know lol :)
Try Omega IV Euro then, that is inbetween T05 and T05FX in terms of hardness.
Or maybe a 2mm Rakza 7 may work too

If the Mark V HPS soft is too soft,then try the Normal version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Haha, I just dont want to spend too much money.

I go for rakza 7 1.8 fh/bh on a soft blade.

Thx.

lol :)

if you going for a soft blade, then I would advise to not go for a 1.8mm rubber.
The sponge is too thin. I would say 2.0mm should suite your needs.

The problem with 1.8mm is that it contact the wood/blade too fast, and you will struggle to generate good spin with the "expensive" sponge.