WTTC Competition

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
As we all know the World Table Tennis Championships in Rotterdam are on May the 8th - 15th.

Michael Maze Blade - worth around £110.00

Tenergy 64 Red - £59.99
Tenergy 64 Black - £59.99

compwttc.png

--- Competition closed ---

Stay tuned for many more competitions here at TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public"

I think table tennis is already exciting by the biggest amount of the people (especially in China ). I think that we have to put table tennis at schools at Europe because China already have !!! Also ittf should put some pressure at medias , in this way more people will be excited !!!Also I think Europe has to make more training camps to attract more children !!!! If children love table tennis , they will make sure that the table tennis will be provided all over the world !!! This is the 1st step to spread table tennis all over the world !!! At last i think the biggest amount of table tennis players don't play professional (for money) but they take table tennis as a hobby because of the money !!! We have to find more sponsors to increase the prices at cups !!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public"

In terms of the sport itself, I think it already is quite action packed, especially since now games are played to 11. I think what is really needed more to make table tennis more popular is a widespread effort to have more tables available to the public, have more clubs where you can play etc. Everyone who actually gets a chance to play table tennis a little love it. So its not a question of whether table tennis is fun enough. But whereas, its easy to have a flat field where everyone can run around in order to play soccer, its much harder to make a table and racket available to everyone. It would be great to have an outreach program that supplied cheap tables and rackets to community centers, such as the YMCA in the US or the equivalent. I think most fair sized cities in the US have at least one table tennis club that meets regularly a week, so getting some publicity for that, and inviting more people to play would definitely make table tennis a more popular sport. Right now, other than in China, table tennis is a pretty minor sport, which is too bad. Another way to get people to like it is maybe to have it more widespread in physical education classes at school.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think as players, we must smile every time somebody laugh when you say you play table tennis, and they say table tennis is not a sport, we should invite them to play one day and show them the beauty of our sport, we must help and be friendly with the new player, we don't need they leave the sport because they get unmotivated when they found the sport is not as easy as it may seen. invite people to play at your garage if you have a table at home, we can let the association to do all the job, Table tennis need publicity that can make the people understand the sport, publicity that shows the people how exiting is Table tennis, we need attract kids at school at parks to join the recreational game and probably they get serious at TT in the future.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I just think Table Tennis should be filmed at a more dynamic angle. A diagonal view from the forehand corner always seems much nicer than a birds-eye view from directly behind one of the players. Of course, this get's to be a little iffy with lefties, but if you get then angle just right, then it works out still. From the behind the back view, it's hard to really judge the intensity of the rallies and such. With an angled view, viewers can much better grasp how awesome table tennis points really are. Combo-ed with higher quality media, like HD, I'm sure the sport will attract much much more attention.

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010

I think Werner Schlager said somethng good in his interveiw on this page. China is putting much more people and money in the sport. Espesically the Europeans have to do something about this! We have to stream Table Tennis much much more through the media. We need skilled coaches from all over the world to train clubs. A good start is to go to schools and create "tabletenniscamps" and give them a good offer at their sparetime. We need to set up a lot of tables in parks etc. Maybe we can bring up some legends to show the schools an exhibition show and let the kids try with them.(Jean michael Saive has been a true inspiration for kids in Belgium.) My counclusion is: More money,more streaming at the media, more skilled coaches, and maybe sommercamps. I think this would help us Europeans a lot to become a nation wich can match the chinese in the future.

In our club table tennis is already an eye popping sport.When people pass our club they walk back and spectates the amazing things that you can do with just holding a wood with 2 rubbersheets . To improve this , I think that table tennis should be shown in a public place with many people. Amazing things like exhibitons is eye catching, it should be done regularly to persuade more players to join and explore the wonderful sport of table tennis.

says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
Apr 2011

this sport is mainly flourishing in China and Europe because they put in money in this sport, it will only be popular and public friendly if ITTF spends money in other countries to train and to build some facilities where people can play in, the sport will become exciting if more countries are involved in battling out for glory, by this more channels in the world will broadcast the matches in their countries.

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010

To improve Table Tennis and make it more media friendly i just think we can make a free tournament or with a little price to make it public fast, coz table tennis should be shown in a public place with many people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011

Most Americans do not consider Table Tennis a sport and consider it a joke or a silly game. Most Americans don't even know its called Table Tennis and often call it "Ping Pong". Hence, they don't even realize that it is a professional sport. I think it would help to become more media friendly and exciting to the public if movies would stop making a joke of it. Like "Balls of Furry". The movie is funny and all....but it makes people look at the sport as a joke. Also, I believe more tournaments should be shown on Television, rather than just the Olympic Games. This would help people recognize it as a sport which would help it become more popular and exciting to the public. Go Table Tennis!

Thanks Dan and TableTennisTalk!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public?"

Table Tennis is an expensive sport. People may not have time to buy a pricey table and find space for it. Football is so popular as all you need is a ball and area to play. It is very local so people can access and play easily. This is what TT needs. You could introduce table tennis halls throughout the area creating lots of free opportunities for beginners or competitive players. Also, table tennis needs to be on media more. Many people cannot see table tennis on TV. Watching high quality table tennis matches will encourage players to play and watch on TV. They need to provide high quality coaching from a young age to potential players. It is so hard to become a professional table tennis player in the UK as there is no sponsors and coaching is limited. For example in China, if a young child is talented and has potential the young child would be taken to high standard training camps and given decent coaching. This is what the UK needs.

Thanks
James :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Many people in the United States consider 'table tennis' as just a leisurely activity. Like many others have said, it is not considered a serious sport. Why? Table tennis is not physically demanding until you reach the competitive levels of the sport. Why would two unprofessional players hitting a hollow ball back and forth be entertaining to watch (sounds boring right) ? In addition, table tennis does not have much television coverage. I think if there is more table tennis on television, then people would see how amazing the sport really is. It won't just be a sport where two or four people hit a small ball back and forth. One would see the power and spin two pros put into the ball.
In order to make a sport more exciting and more media friendly is to increase the popularity of the sport. This is vital because if the sport is not very popular in your country, who would care to watch a someone people don't know play. I think United States needs to put more money into making tables in schools especially gym classes to give opportunity for young people to play. In NY, where I live, I see handball courts, football stadiums, tennis courts, and basketball courts. There are no tables so how do we expect to make the sport more known to the public. There is not enough opportunity given to make this sport popular.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

We should organise table tennis matches in places with a lot of people like a shopping center or a park on a summer day. people will realise that table tennis is fun sport. and then they organise more matches on different places. and so going on.

ps: srry for my bad english i'm from belgium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

Table tennis is a sport that involves great excitemnet anf entertainment. To make it more friendly and exciting to the public, you do numerous things..

1.Actively post new upcoming events, and exciting news.. ect on Facebook on your FB page

2.There always rubber and blade reviews on many sites that people, throughout the world, look at for guidance. So you should make great reviews and spread your website links all over. Thus, they are bound to check out your site, and check out a few matches.

3.As for newcomes who never played the sport, post samples of matches like exhibition matches that truely flash the exciting and friendly side of table tennis. (like Waldner and Pearson who just mess around for entertanment purposes.)- This will clearly attract new people. Hey, why do you think i got into table tennis. I watched a few matches, and BAM! i was hooked and saw the more exciting side of it.

4. Post coaching videos, that will help youngsters seek guidance so they can start off on the right foot when they first start to play. The previous examples will introduce a new type of tabletennis to the public whether they are newcomers or experienced players.

Sorry for spelling mistakes

Thank You

This user has no status.

I feel that results of table tennis matches should be published in newspapers. National newspaper sport sections are very popular and this would raise the profile of the sport by letting people know it is happening.

Also the sport needs to be televised more. I think table tennis is extremely exciting to watch because it is so explosive. Coverage should be from more of a side angle on the corner of the table. I think this angle is better to watch because it displays how dynamic the game is. I think games such as the champions league should be televised. They also need to be televised at sensible time; not at 2 in the morning lol.

Table tennis also needs big crowds that cheer and get excited. Bigger events need to encourage larger crowds and also the crowd to get behind a player they are supporting!

CCHHHOOO!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
"How would you make the sport of Table Tennis more media friendly and exciting to the public?"

I think the ITTF series needs to travel to more countries where table tennis is not as popular, mainly the United States comes to mind. Having a large tournament in the U.S. then opens up a window for advertisements, marketing and sponsorships that the United States has to offer. Then to get the attention of the public, a large prize money has to be awarded. All people think about today is money, and how it equates to success. If they see a player win the tournament and walk away with say $500,000, people will be impressed and maybe even inspired. This then boosts the number of household tables and therefore the number of potential talent once people get hooked on the fun of the game.
This tournament would have to be well covered so that spectators both live and at home can enjoy and understand the game. Cameras need to be everywhere, instant slowed down replay is a must because this is such a fast sport. Multiple angles to capture the play is also crucial.

This post is mainly aimed at the US but if you think about it, the US is one of the largest countries by population that has yet to really catch on to table tennis. The USATT has just under 8,000 current registered members of over a 300 million population... If playing poker can have air time on ESPN I see no reason why professional table tennis shouldn't be able to too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I think there should be far more publicity around table tennis it isn't people don't like TT but people never see it on TV i am from Holland and i see that because there is much more publicity there are lots of children starting with this great sport. And they should not show important games only maybe a exhibition game with Waldner and Jorgen Persson. You will see that if there will come a European man or woman who wins the world cup and the Olympics it gets very popular. If i would ask a regular man on the street who is Jan Ove Waldner they all say it is a Swedish table tennis player.

(sorry for my English)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
We need more emotional atmosphere from both players and spectators. I feel like the spectators in some pro tour are not emotional enough. This will take away the interest of other people who are watching through the TV. As I recall when we watch the Badminton Thomas Cup through TV live, every supporter would just shout for support for every hit. I know alot people don't like the Chos or whatever, but to me, it shows the sign of spirit, and the player is putting the pressure on his/her opponent.

And then, the equipment is just way too expensive for any entry player. You won't able to find any good paddle at the cost of 20USD, and a complete table set that is under 200USD. But you get good equipment for other sports under this range of price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
well 1.
we can start by teaching the youngsters and teens :] as long as u change the future generation to take it seriously. thats all it takes, When u have kids, get a low end table. really isnt very much $, Keep it in a garage or whatever.

and 2. put tables in public places, there are pool tables everywhere, why not pingpong, takes more space but still.

3. there needs to be at least one channel to show it. whatever channel plays poker and pool maybe

4. get celebrities to endorse it more. they are out there.

5. Table Tennis isnt big in america, but thats partly because table tennis doesnt TRY to be in america, ITTF needs to do something about it

and i probably have more ways, but not off the top of my head :)

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
Get Jim Bowen involved of course in some sort of Table Tennis based 'bullseye' rip off, or maybe even John Virgo or even both. Who could resist that?