Just a serve related question

This user has no status.
Thanks Amayzde i started to question my eyes... Chinese dude nearly cracks his wrist. Which way you prefer-easy to learn and efficient ?

This is my most effective serve because my opponents appart from my team mates dont see the difference between backspin and topspin.

The easiest way of learning this serve is the way its shown in the second video.

The way shown in the first video (the way I do the serve) allows you to generate more spin because you can use your arm and wrist like a whip.

but if you dont master this reverse serve yet its very hard to do it the second way because the timing has to be more precise or you will hit the ball with the edge of your bat, you miss the ball or the ball will fly in random directions.

Reactions: SquareBall
This user has no status.
Thanks a lot, valuable information.

When I practiced this serve I first practiced on just throwing the ball up and moving the bat in and out. Just hitting the ball and not serving on the table yet. It helps you to get an idea of the timing with the serve and to hit the ball properly.

Once I was able to do that I started serving onto the table. First I had trouble keeping the ball low but you just have to experiment with your bat angle and see how the ball bounces.

First you maybe not able to generate too much spin but after doing the serve more and more you will find a way to rip more into the ball and get good spin on the serve.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Yeh you need a red marker and a white ball :cool:

I did it with a yellow one ;) I'll bring it to my next session and tell you how it goes haha.
ru8u4ade.jpg