changing your racket during a game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews
I think it's ok to change racket during a game but you have to show it for your opponent, you don't need to use the same rubbers i think

This user has no status.
it can only be changed when it is damaged by accident (so it can not be changed if you do the damage on purpose, by throwing with your racket or hitting the table or so with it).
when damaged by accident , it can be changed to whatever ITTF legal racket and coverings.
you do have to let the umpire and opponent check your second blade !!

i was an official some years ago

Reactions: Amamdey and Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Under the rules you are only able to change if your bat is accidentally damaged and you must approach the umpire first in order to do that. I don't think there are rules on what you change to as long as your opponent knows about the change.

Does anyone know the rule internationally regarding whether spare bats have to be submitted for racket testing? Perhaps they do post-match tests on the spare bat which is edgy because if you fail a post-match test then you are disqualified from the match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
it can only be changed when it is damaged by accident (so it can not be changed if you do the damage on purpose, by throwing with your racket or hitting the table or so with it).
when damaged by accident , it can be changed to whatever ITTF legal racket and coverings.
you do have to let the umpire and opponent check your second blade !!

i was an official some years ago

100% accurate!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Under the rules you are only able to change if your bat is accidentally damaged and you must approach the umpire first in order to do that. I don't think there are rules on what you change to as long as your opponent knows about the change.

Does anyone know the rule internationally regarding whether spare bats have to be submitted for racket testing? Perhaps they do post-match tests on the spare bat which is edgy because if you fail a post-match test then you are disqualified from the match.

Both will be sent in for testing