Ma Long/Zhang Jike Serve!

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
This looks very interesting, nice to see training hall footage of these two players serving. I would love some translations to :)
Yeh dan get one of ur chinese friends on here to set up a teanslation or there must be a chinese app I can get n it gives u subtitles

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeh dan get one of ur chinese friends on here to set up a teanslation or there must be a chinese app I can get n it gives u subtitles

Yeah I have a friend who will translate it soon. I don't think a app could translate it. But if you have one that would be great!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Great video indeed but i dont like the commentators face :S Sorry . Its just not pleasant for me to watch him.

lol, what he is saying is key.
I guess if he is in your city, you will beg him to be your coach
But then, he is not, so you don't like his face

btw, any idea how big of a profile this "commentator" is?

Last edited:
I told its not pleasant to see for me. Thats not because he is ugly its just that people have different aesthetic criterias and wont recognise the same things as beautiful. I didn't comment his commentating skills and i would never do that because i can't understand what he is saying. Of course if i had the chance this person to coach me i would take that chance but when you see a video no matter what video is you look it in a aesthetic way and this is something subjective. Still great video just a note in that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe you should ask Haifu to rather get some Chinese super models to explain how ZJK and Ma Long serves.
I'm sure that will be better for you.

Any ways, this guy is in Head of TT at Bejing Sports University.
I'm pretty certain he was invited by Haifu for his knowledge

Of course, you can always change the channel to some prettier images if you want :)

I honestly cant understand the reason you complain about my opinion honestly i cant ... If i told i dont like obama's face and its not pleasant for me to watch that would mean i dont consider him great at his job ? Just from my point of view and with taste I don't find it pleasant to watch.

Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I honestly cant understand the reason you complain about my opinion honestly i cant ... If i told i dont like obama's face and its not pleasant for me to watch that would mean i dont consider him great at his job ? Just from my point of view and with taste I don't find it pleasant to watch.

Some how, his appearence doesn't bother me. I guess i'm not fussy about how people look.
I don't recalled ever considering how someones face will be unpleasent for me to look at.

Maybe it is the fact that I grew up in 4 different countries, with 3 different cultures.
You get different kinds of faces, some are big face, big eyes, big nose, big ears, everyone/every culture/every style is different.
Maybe interesting or different is the most I can think of, but defiantly not to the extend that I will label - not like.

I think he looks just fine, just like any other human being.
He is almost 60 years old, having played CNT in the 70s, and been invovled with unversities since then. He even travels the world to present table tennis presentations in different universities.
Wrote a book (or two) about table tennis and a really highly reputable person within the table tennis community.

Some how, his appearence doesn't bother me. I guess i'm not fussy about how people look.
I don't recalled ever considering how someones face will be unpleasent for me to look at.

Maybe it is the fact that I grew up in 4 different countries, with 3 different cultures.
You get different kinds of faces, some are big face, big eyes, big nose, big ears, everyone/every culture/every style is different.
Maybe interesting or different is the most I can think of, but defiantly not to the extend that I will label - not like.

I think he looks just fine, just like any other human being.
He is almost 60 years old, having played CNT in the 70s, and been invovled with unversities since then. He even travels the world to present table tennis presentations in different universities.
Wrote a book (or two) about table tennis and a really highly reputable person within the table tennis community.
I dont get fussy about how people look as well. "I don't recalled ever considering how someones face will be unpleasent for me to look at." ok thats 90% prevarication or you haven't seen someone critically injured from close distance. Of course it's most likely what you wrote that you have seen many different people. You know something ? I look again and again and it becomes more normal to me. I dont label him . I JUST TELL FOR ME IT IS NOT GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE THAT WITH YOUR SUBJECTIVE EYES DONT LIKE. ITS lIKE A PRESENTER IN A TV SHOw THAT YOU DONT LIKE HIS FACE. THATS ALL THATS WAY HUMANS WORK. Else tv presenters would be normal but they are not. You can notice that they pick the most beautiful persons for the eyes of the people watching it .

Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I dont get fussy about how people look as well. "I don't recalled ever considering how someones face will be unpleasent for me to look at." ok thats 90% prevarication or you haven't seen someone critically injured from close distance. Of course it's most likely what you wrote that you have seen many different people. You know something ? I look again and again and it becomes more normal to me. I dont label him . I JUST TELL FOR ME IT IS NOT GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE THAT WITH YOUR SUBJECTIVE EYES DONT LIKE. ITS lIKE A PRESENTER IN A TV SHOw THAT YOU DONT LIKE HIS FACE. THATS ALL THATS WAY HUMANS WORK. Else tv presenters would be normal but they are not. You can notice that they pick the most beautiful persons for the eyes of the people watching it .
I work in the health care industry (one of my 3 jobs, the other being table tennis), I don't have a problem with critically injured, including requiring to touch them. I'm not a doctor, but since before my work requirement, I have always been fine - this includes when I was a teenager.

I've been to really 3rd world/rural areas in 3 different continents, I have been with lots of different ethnic groups, at the end of the day, we are all humans and humans are the ones that makes these differenciations. The more you look, i'm sure the more you will feel we are the same.

ANYWAYS, NOT SURE WHY YOU SHOUTING SO MUCH

I work in the health care industry (one of my 3 jobs, the other being table tennis), I don't have a problem with critically injured, including requiring to touch them. I'm not a doctor, but since before my work requirement, I have always been fine - this includes when I was a teenager.

I've been to really 3rd world/rural areas in 3 different continents, I have been with lots of different ethnic groups, at the end of the day, we are all humans and humans are the ones that makes these differenciations. The more you look, i'm sure the more you will feel we are the same.

ANYWAYS, NOT SURE WHY YOU SHOUTING SO MUCH
I didnt tell everyone isnt the same. I am shouting because you dont seem able to understand my comment or you dont want to. I finish it here read what i wrote and maybe you will. Even just the first comment i made is enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I didnt tell everyone isnt the same.

No idea what you are saying.

Any ways,
"Its just not pleasant for me to watch him"
If you don't like it, don't look at it.

I'm sure Professor Liu is more than happy to say thank you, because he is not pleasant for you to watch.
Or maybe he might insult you back.
Any ways, really no need to call, label anything negative to anybody.

Im really confident to tell you that you are wrong here..
Any ways, really no need to call, label anything negative to anybody. Constructive feedback is something everyone would appreciate and is something REALLY fundamental in our society. The way someoone does it is very important. I have read some books on that and if you want i can give you their titles so that you can get better at that. Only in PM so that it isn't spam-advertisment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Im really confident to tell you that you are wrong here..
Any ways, really no need to call, label anything negative to anybody. Constructive feedback is something everyone would appreciate and is something REALLY fundamental in our society. The way someoone does it is very important. I have read some books on that and if you want i can give you their titles so that you can get better at that. Only in PM so that it isn't spam-advertisment.

All I know is, if you don't want people to call you anything, then don't call that to any one else.
He is a human being, and what if he is reading your words?
Have you thought about the consiquences of your actions towards other people?

Your words are not constructive feedback. It is disrespectful.
With your logic, a bully can use the same philosophy - constructive feedback. Isn't it?

His appearance is given to him by his parents.
How he has aged and what ever else appears on his face is from life.
That is no sin, the only sin is your eyes, and your mouth, or in this case, your fingers, and even your keyboard and internet connection :p

Any ways, I wanted to translate this, but why should I translate words from a wise person when there is people that doesn't enjoy the way he looks.
To be honest, you don't deserve to get taught by him.

Or would you like to clear your "bully" tag by explain how your constructive feedback can change his appearance and the way he talks?

PS he is a professor for many years. I doubt he needs public speaking lessons. And i'm sure he doesn't give a damn on what his students or audience thinks of his appearance. His value in life is his knowledge and his willingness to share.

Last edited: