PDA

View Full Version : DHS Hurricane 3-50 vs DHS Hurricane 3 NEO

Amamdey
04-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Which is better people-DHS hurricane 3-50 or Hurricane 3 Neo?

On Table tennis Database,someone said that the 3-50 is not durable at all and got damaged during its first play.
They also state that the Neo is very good and durable

I would really value your honest opinions

thanks

Amamdey

hipnotic
04-27-2014, 05:38 PM
I only had 2 training sessions with this rubber but i have an opinion. Its very different from neo, i would say its better for a close to the table play. Its better for blocking and counter top spins, worse for short game and killing shots. I'm gonna stick with it for a while because its easier to handle than neo and i haven't been training much so i need that extra control. Doesn't need booster which is a plus, altough i have put a thin layer. More of it would make the rubber too soft for the FH and doesn't bring much benefit.

mahomedy13
04-29-2014, 01:25 PM
What about its durability?Ive read its not very strong,so im not sure...

hipnotic
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Only have it for a few days, so i can't comment on that. However the topsheet seems the same as neo so i guess the durability should be more or less the same.

Also, the third time playing with it, this time on a waldner senso carbon, it seems the rubber came alive. Much better performance than in the pg7. I agree with some reviews i read that said this rubber needs a composite blade in order to perform well.

XariuzCruz
05-17-2014, 04:35 PM
It is all about what blade you're using. DHS Hurricane 3 NEO is best suit with ALL - OFF allwood 5 ply blade with a loop-oriented player. For example, Stiga Offensive Classic. Many chinese amateurs said this is what they call 'topspin machine' as the ability to generate spin is really strong. Me myself use a Yinhe MC2 (some say a clone of stiga's blade) with H3N is the best.

Amayzde
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
why do people name their threads like this? I was actually hoping someone used both rubbers and was comparing them both

Alborz
05-18-2014, 02:03 PM
why do people name their threads like this? I was actually hoping someone used both rubbers and was comparing them both
Haha, me too.

mahomedy13
05-18-2014, 04:02 PM

What would you have called it?:p

Amayzde
05-18-2014, 04:07 PM
What would you have called it?:p

'DHS Hurricane 3-50 or DHS Hurricane 3 NEO?'

something like that

Tony's Table Tennis
05-18-2014, 04:12 PM
It is the same topsheet, just different sponge.
50 is a lot softer than your standard Neo sponge.

Regarding durablity - it all depends on how you take care of your equipment.
For me to break it with my first use, i'm sure user error will be 99% for that to happen.

marici22
07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
I've used Neo before but by the looks of it 50 is softer. Softer sponge means slower speed but more spin so I guess it's a matter of preference.

xVill
07-19-2014, 02:41 AM
My spare setup is a viscaria with h3 NEO on the forehand two thin layers of booster. Absurd kill shot machine

Butt Stallion
07-19-2014, 01:17 PM
I've used Neo before but by the looks of it 50 is softer. Softer sponge means slower speed but more spin so I guess it's a matter of preference.

Yeah haha good one more spin than normal H3 or H3N. I tried H3.50 and its an average rubber for average players. Maybe a good backhand choice for people who want a sticky rubber on your backhand or something really slow and controlled on your forehand, but spin and speed of a boosted H3N, not even close.

samsoung
11-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Hii guys,

you all speak about a boosted H3 Neo, what about a not boosted one?
Is it still better than an 3-50 on a Viscaria.

thx

MegaZZ
11-10-2014, 01:19 PM
This is perhaps not the most relevant reply but anyway I have been trying Hurricane 3-50 on all wood blade, OSP Virtuoso + and for RPB techniques it feels great to me (hit, block, punch, loop, banana flick). I do boost the rubber with 2 thin layers of Falco Booster though. I understand that Xu Xin uses this except with a National version of the Hurricane 3-50. Great feel, with perfect spin and speed for BH. I find it not fast enough and a bit soft for FH

BlackRed
12-30-2015, 06:23 PM
I have been using DHS H3-50 for my FH and BH in the last 6 months using TB ALC and M.Maze ALC. I prefer 3-50 than TG H3 Neo or Skyline 2 TG Neo and 3 TG Neo.. Which I used them previously.

Worked well in my serves, flick, block, push, drive loop. Although several kinds of them worked well with other rubbers which I mentioned before. Such as, my serves and push worked best using Skyline TG3 Neo on FH, my block, punch flick best on Skyline 2TG Neo on BH.. Quick FH loop and smash with H3 TG Neo..

Got more spin and control with TB ALC and more speed with M.Maze when I m using 3-50 with both blades (my opinion and William my training playing partner)

I personally love 3-50, because it fits my strokes, made me won most games against William and others than I used to since I have been using 3-50. I like the tackiness, and the elasticity of the sponge.. Got a balance in my speed and control of the game, when I play slower, or faster the tempo of the game. I can play hard effort medium and soft..

The weight for using them both FH BH on a 80gr TB ALC is better than 90gr Maze. Skyline 2 on BH will add more weight if you want to.

Now I am using TB ZLC, with both 3-50. Work best for me now. Good weight, since TB ZLC is quite light, bouncy and fast. My BH and FH flicks works better. Good blocks. Got the balance of my speed and spin in my FH loops during open up against back spin, counter looping, loop against blocks.. My backspin push, smashes and FH loops are sharper than before (according to my dad, I usually got 1-3 or 1-4 against him, last time I lost 3-4, scored 9-11 in the 7th set.) (according to William too. In a day we played 3 to 4 matches of best of 5 sets against each other. I used to win 2-1, or lost 1-2. In November I lost a lot since he uses Amultart with T80 and T05 1-3, 0-3. He dominated the matches. But since I ve been using ZLC in December, I lost 1-3, then I won the matches 3-1, 2-1 and the last time 4-0.

Overall, 3-50 works well for me with my TB ZLC. I m not a pro, just happy to play table tennis for 15 years.. Those are my personal review, hopefully it helps

duan
12-30-2015, 11:29 PM
I have been using DHS H3-50 for my FH and BH in the last 6 months using TB ALC and M.Maze ALC. I prefer 3-50 than TG H3 Neo or Skyline 2 TG Neo and 3 TG Neo.. Which I used them previously.

Worked well in my serves, flick, block, push, drive loop. Although several kinds of them worked well with other rubbers which I mentioned before. Such as, my serves and push worked best using Skyline TG3 Neo on FH, my block, punch flick best on Skyline 2TG Neo on BH.. Quick FH loop and smash with H3 TG Neo..

Got more spin and control with TB ALC and more speed with M.Maze when I m using 3-50 with both blades (my opinion and William my training playing partner)

I personally love 3-50, because it fits my strokes, made me won most games against William and others than I used to since I have been using 3-50. I like the tackiness, and the elasticity of the sponge.. Got a balance in my speed and control of the game, when I play slower, or faster the tempo of the game. I can play hard effort medium and soft..

The weight for using them both FH BH on a 80gr TB ALC is better than 90gr Maze. Skyline 2 on BH will add more weight if you want to.

Now I am using TB ZLC, with both 3-50. Work best for me now. Good weight, since TB ZLC is quite light, bouncy and fast. My BH and FH flicks works better. Good blocks. Got the balance of my speed and spin in my FH loops during open up against back spin, counter looping, loop against blocks.. My backspin push, smashes and FH loops are sharper than before (according to my dad, I usually got 1-3 or 1-4 against him, last time I lost 3-4, scored 9-11 in the 7th set.) (according to William too. In a day we played 3 to 4 matches of best of 5 sets against each other. I used to win 2-1, or lost 1-2. In November I lost a lot since he uses Amultart with T80 and T05 1-3, 0-3. He dominated the matches. But since I ve been using ZLC in December, I lost 1-3, then I won the matches 3-1, 2-1 and the last time 4-0.

Overall, 3-50 works well for me with my TB ZLC. I m not a pro, just happy to play table tennis for 15 years.. Those are my personal review, hopefully it helps
[emoji106]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

bobpuls
12-31-2015, 04:37 AM
Get rid of both of them and go for hurricane 8... The topsheet is more elastic and far more better.... I get rid of h3-50 after a week ....

BlackRed
01-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Get rid of both of them and go for hurricane 8... The topsheet is more elastic and far more better.... I get rid of h3-50 after a week ....

Hi Bobpuls, yeah I have been thinking Hurricane 8 or skyline 3-60 for the next rubbers I will buy.. Should I go for H8 than Sky 360?

The topsheet of my 3-50 are still ok, since I play only 3-5 times a week, 3-5 matches per play..

bobpuls
01-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I was ordering the skyline 3-60 to give it a try but they screw it up and give me the h3-50 so i newer try skyline 3-60 or the skyline 3 instead ... So i can nor compare... But i have tried tg 2 which was much better for me then h3. But still the topsheet is to hard compared to h8.... H8 has a slightly softer sponge but more elastic topsheet which makes it more confortable to play with

gmiller2233
03-01-2016, 04:30 PM
I have been playing the 3-50 for a while now I have also played the h3 neo skyline 2 neo and h8. I'm not going to make then The claim that it's more Spinney then the h3 but it's definitely a Spinney rubber with good control. I have found 3-50 for my game and level seems the most forgiving of the 4. When I'm out of position and need to loop a low ball Or even when a ball will get into my body I still seem to be able to get those balls back more often with decent results. Also in my experience the bit of rebound it gives (its not a lot of rebound but just enough) allows a shorter stroke which helps with topspin rallies. for comparison I often have to much blade contact on my loops ( it's something I'm working on I'm not flat hitting or anything I just don't fully brush as much as I would like) the 3-50 is more forgiving when doing this than the h3 and it still respond nicely when I do execute a proper brush. It's slower when I brush than with the h3 but not buy a lot and it's nice when brushing a forehand with side spin the slightly slower speed seems like the ball has more side movement on that shot. One other result for me which is totally personal but it's been a pluse is that i feel very confident with it and that has allowed me to be a more aggressive and develop my game. It's very good in the short game and as people have stated I think it would make a very good tacky backhand rubber. I have been playing it on a Andro temper teck off- and a t power wood. As far as durability I've been playing with mine for five months now it's much less tacky than it originally was and it's starting to get worn but it still produces a large amount to spin.

I have played less with the h8, But I also like it a lot. In all honesty I have changed equipment to much of late and need to play about more with it one one blade to really understand everything it does well. it has some similarities to the h3 but The elastic top sheet that's plays really nice. I will say when I'm playing well and my form and technique feel solid have played some of my best most aggressive games with it and it counters extremely well. Like the h3 it's a bit Less forgiving than the 3-50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk